LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 25 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Mayhem Survivor, The Countdown Begins...

Dear Lebgeeks users, it is our greatest pleasure and honor to inform you that some of the Tigerhearts have finally done something useful with their brains. Ace, Ninja, and yours truly (Nabs), have created a multiplayer game that we call Mayhem Survivor. Expect the DEMO release any day now, and when Beta testing is done, full version will be out. The game can handle up to 100 players per room via online servers. Anyone can join in and play. Victories are flagged within a 30-min round. We were releasing sooner, thinking that things might never work out for the government. But apparently, things are getting better, so we're adding the online gaming to it, hoping that when DSL hits every house, so would our game. Will post some of the images online soon. Keep an eye on things, alright? Peace out, everyone.

P.S: Some sponsorship would be nice if anyone can help. Thanks!

#2 May 26 2008

mir

Re: Mayhem Survivor, The Countdown Begins...

Finally !
any sneaky look ? and i am sure u can use some more testing
TigerHearts would be nice if you do a LebGeeks Only Game (da2) or shi heik
Would be nice stuff toward the lebgeekers
maybe some Virtual meeting of Lebgeeks where we get to try out the game

Last edited by mir (May 26 2008)

#3 May 26 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Well Mir, the game is fully playable on LAN. It's the online mode that is giving us such a hard time. We need servers...

#4 May 26 2008

mir

aha.. than.. this could be a regular lebgeeks meeting where we get to play

We need servers.

hold
contacting someone !

and oh.. btw.. what is it with the name of the game ? Mayhem ?

Last edited by mir (May 26 2008)

#5 May 26 2008

WizaRd

FPS i'm guessing ?

If you need testers I can try

#6 May 26 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

You fight under mayhem conditions, hence the name. Yes, a first person shooter. This is the first of a series yet to come. If you recall, some months ago, we posted something about needing programmers and graphic designers... People with skills. We got no replies except for 2 maybe, and they weren't exactly what we needed. Hopefully, people might get inspired somewhat with this, and we could get some funding and more professional work on our next game.

#7 May 26 2008

Padre

an announcement ... should come with screen shots ....

anyway, i have already coded a few games and have some openGL (or some Engine u maybe using ) and some 3D art/Animation works.
however i have NO time to help until further notice
maybe if i see ur game, i may get interested :) i may even find a sponsor for you ... but don't expect much for now.
i'll be waiting from sceenies

#8 May 26 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Heheheh... Alright, dude!

#9 May 27 2008

Padre

servers ? that's where "donations" come into account, or contact VISP
i can provide you with a shit load for free ... but yet again, they aren't legal
AND i do second a lebgeeks like "LAN Party" for ur game
if LAN is ready, let it roll
anyway, i dunno how u coded the game, but i dont see much of a difference between inet and lan.
what are u using for the game ? any engine ? or bare OpenGL/DirectX ? or even, ur own 3D Libs ?
AND (again ) waiting for screenshots

Last edited by Padre (May 27 2008)

#10 May 28 2008

mir

oh Yeah ! ... we want to partyyyy  ! (the geeky way  )

and yes.. ditto about those screen shots :)

Last edited by mir (May 28 2008)

#11 May 29 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

It's dido, dudette!

#12 June 3 2008

mir

still waiting :mad:

any downloadable stuff available ?

well..TigerHearts, i personally appreciate the effort you have been doing
i won't be too picky on you and flame and say this sucks.. that sucks ..oh.. there is a bug detected.. in the end this is not some big company production with thousands of developers and money (i assumed that since u asked about sponsorship)

and i think u should have the attitude "li mush 3ejbo ysharef 3al programming or providing graphics and ressources"

so i want to point that out.. and hope i can get my hands on a copy , even if it is crappy.. beta.. buggy or whatever u may describe

#13 June 15 2008

Padre

are you going to show us this game anytime soon ??? or at least previews / demos

#14 June 15 2008

mir

are you going to show us this game anytime soon ??? or at least previews / demos

oh.. ma 3rift ? .. the computer that has the ONLY copy of the game had to be formatted :rolleyes:

#15 June 15 2008

samer
Admin

oh.. ma 3rift ? .. the computer that has the ONLY copy of the game had to be formatted

Are you serious?!

#16 June 15 2008

WizaRd

mir wrote:

oh.. ma 3rift ? .. the computer that has the ONLY copy of the game had to be formatted :rolleyes:

no waii!

#17 June 16 2008

mir

the dog could have eaten the CD or DVD as well...
the above was an "Educated Guess"

i know that something bad happened to the platform.. but don't know what.. maybe someone from the tigerhearts can explain

i feel sorry they lost their work

Last edited by mir (June 16 2008)

#18 June 16 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Hey everyone. It may seem like a badly fabricated lie, but it's all true. The final project was on a computer that wasn't fully backed up before format. We still have the graphics, sounds, engine, and the BETA. The final bug-fixed version is the one that is lost. We are re-constructing. Shouldn't take too long, but will be delayed a bit. Unprofessional of us, but to err is human. Sorry gang.

#19 June 19 2008

Padre

Board footer