LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 17 2008

mir

LifeGeeked

Hi Guys

i have been working mainly with battikh and some folks on a funny project 
www.lifegeeked.com
euh.. thanks again battikh for the hosting and for helping me with tasks like getting the .com wshi noss malyoun shagleh that my shitty memory doesn't remember

those are mainly Demo Posts, you still have to expect lot of UML Diagrams, funny queries, Funny Top 11 lists .. tons of wicked stuff
it is mainly to have fun... make a point thru some posts ... w toltishet

i would appreciate your feedback.. what is missing.. anything wrong. suggestions ..
you are most welcomed to join the contributors list 
http://lifegeeked.com/contributors/

euh what else
if you find something funny, would be nice if you post it on your blog or something

yalla enjoy,
waiting for your feedback
i already have a long todo list , so don't tell it is perfect  i want real feedback

- samer i think you are ok with the idea of me posting about this... we already discussed this -

Last edited by mir (March 17 2008)

#2 March 17 2008

7aRami

Re: LifeGeeked

Congratulations on your new blog mir! 
Loved the content so far and I'm definitely adding it to my RSS reader ;)
Thanks for the backlink by the way :rolleyes:
If you're serious about blogging, you will soon notice it will turn to be like a job by itself. I can contribute if you need some resources to drive traffic to your site. :)

#3 March 17 2008

7aRami

oh btw, are you the one who's drawing these comics?

#4 March 17 2008

mir

hey rami, i only listed your blog cuz it is a good one  and i check from time to time

those posts are like i said mainly Demo Posts, so you can get idea about what the blog would be like so you can give appropriate feedback
making the characters is harder than i thought it would be
the current ones used are creative common stuff from xkcd
but i am almost done doing couple of characters...honestly i recieved a hand from a friend
but it was pretty educational and fun and hard
i am glad i am learning lot of stuff and having some fun

i think mainly i should work on the size of the images , i am not happy about the signature
but i think i should start regulary posting on the blog

i checked the blog stats today there was like 3 hundred something click from stumble upon.. i was like wtf :S.. this is just demo stuff

Last edited by mir (March 17 2008)

#5 March 18 2008

7aRami

mir wrote:

i checked the blog stats today there was like 3 hundred something click from stumble upon.. i was like wtf :S.. this is just demo stuff

LOL That's because I submitted the "geekifying your girlfriend" post to stumbleupon :rolleyes:
I told u I can drive traffic

#6 March 19 2008

samer
Admin

Mabrouk :)

#7 March 19 2008

mir

lol samer
take a look.. point the bad things.. are the page loads fine ? what are your current fav. posts ?

i think signature needs some work
i must do some standard size of posts and such
i should find another font for the headers
i should remove the recent post section on the right cuz it is dumb
recent post is useful when there are big posts filling the page
but the stuff i am posting is relatively small.. so user would scroll.. no need for recent posts
i should put a subscribe rss or something like this
i should remove the search.. cuz there is no text to search
(l3ama b2albeh shu ni2a.. ba3ref)

any other stuff.. something wrong or something missing ?

Last edited by mir (March 19 2008)

#8 March 20 2008

samer
Admin

Another theme (or even better, a custom theme) would be awesome.
I'll help you optimize your widgets positions if you want.

#9 March 20 2008

7aRami

mir your signature is pretty nice, unless you have something better then it would be great
concerning the theme, I disagree with samer cuz I find it simple and classy (and that's what I look for then I search for themes). Custom themes are of course better but cost money :(
concerning the RSS things, get a feedburner account. You'll get to see statistics about your subscribers in addition to using their buttons.
keep the search, useful for titles.
fonts are nice, no need to change unless u have something better.

bottom line, your design is nice and it's easy to navigate through, so u better care about getting readers instead. (my advice)

btw, is your blog hosted on wordpress or on a private server? cuz if it is on wordpress you will be unable to add some cool widgets and plugins :/

Last edited by 7aRami (March 20 2008)

#10 March 20 2008

samer
Admin

concerning the theme, I disagree with samer cuz I find it simple and classy

I did not say it was not simple or classy. It is just too generic as thousands of other wordpress blogs are using the same one.
The blog should have an impact on the user within a few seconds or the visitors goes byebye.
In order to achieve that impact you have emphasize good content and provide the user with a usable and simple web page, as well as having a unique look that the user would remember.

#11 March 26 2008

cyber_lady

MIR!!!! Your comics are hilarious!!! Love them...Waiting on the rest (K)

#12 March 26 2008

mir

lool cyber_lady
the real hilarious ones are the ones you gave me the ideas for
i did them and they are scheduled for publishing
i just wanted to post different categories first
hunik l di7ek !

btw good to know you still visit lebgeeks from time to time
it is lonely without you.. no banet
it is not that i am complainingg (6)  (taking full adv. of the situation)

Last edited by mir (March 26 2008)

#13 March 26 2008

battikh

does everyone has to do tebyid wejj? it would be more useful to make constructive criticism, so here it is:
your website sucks like hell and your comics are dead boring. here's my advice, ask your mom to teach you how to cook and marry a saudi prince.

and where's the penguin? :x

#14 March 27 2008

mir

your website

first it is a blog ya ahbal

sucks

i am fine with everything that sucks.. sucking is good ..sucking is fun <snip>

your comics are dead

Correction: you are dead ... tshing tshing run ... i am gonna f3bt+ you

marry a saudi prince

i want to have sex after marriage :@

and where's the penguin?

I did your suggestion battikh.. and i twisted it a little bit.. u can check it now.. nshala 3ala zawkak

Last edited by mir (March 27 2008)

#15 March 27 2008

battikh

mir wrote:

your website

first it is a blog ya ahbal

and a blog is not a kind of websites? :/

#16 March 27 2008

cyber_lady

battikh wrote:

does everyone has to do tebyid wejj? it would be more useful to make constructive criticism, so here it is:
your website sucks like hell and your comics are dead boring. here's my advice, ask your mom to teach you how to cook and marry a saudi prince.

and where's the penguin? :x

Of course! I want to see my ideas published......

Mir i got your back girl!

#17 March 27 2008

Padre

i am fine with everything that sucks.. sucking is good ..sucking is fun <snip>

awkward moment .....

#18 March 27 2008

mir

awkward moment .....

lah.. a super sa2aleh moment with manner filters off

#19 April 3 2008

mir

Guys, Want your opinion on those kind of Comics :

http://lifegeeked.com/2008/04/02/ultima … -cracking/
http://lifegeeked.com/2008/03/29/life-is-buggy/

are they too wi2hin or over for public view?
some frnds have been telling me ano it is somehow 3eib or vulgaire n such
Should they be in some 18+ section ?
Should they be removed ?
or put warning.. and after clicking on image it shows the image

- any suggestion ? -

Last edited by mir (April 3 2008)

#20 April 3 2008

7aRami

I honestly think the first one is vulgar.After reading this post and leaving ur webpage, one woul have the impression that lebanese girls are all b*tches...
you know ur comics are nice, they're great actually, and someday you'll get famous among other blogs and have credibility, so a lot of people will get influenced by what you write. That's why you should play it safe sometimes.
It's good to use naughty stuff min wa2et la wa2et (SEX SELLS!!) bas don't make it vulgar :rolleyes:

I find the second one acceptable by the way.

Last edited by 7aRami (April 3 2008)

#21 April 3 2008

mir

well.. since the purpose of the blog is to think about life
what do you think is the success rate of the cracking algorithm -- it is somehow true .. sad to admit it --
what should i change it into ?

in comics u magnify stuff so u point how bad this is
i am a leb girl too.. and i get pissed when i hear/see what happens bi "mawsam" l "siye7a"
- we should at least have some trees planted to cover the lies we say about tourism -

and honestly i haven't thought on the responsability thing  ... but i guess i should .. but it is not that serious
this is not cnn

Last edited by mir (April 3 2008)

#22 April 3 2008

karim soubra

i actually like both of them
they're quiet edgy
we need edgy these days
as for the username  and password i think it applies to about 80% of the designated population

#23 April 4 2008

battikh

i don't find them "vulgar"...sexual maybe, but not vulgar.
anyways, to go offtopic a little bit, women being attracted to successful men and rich men is something totally normal, not superficial and biological. even female monkeys give away sex against something, i watched once a documentary and you could actually see a male monkey approaching 2 females, giving them an ananas and they gave him some pleasure time in exchange. and even among monkeys successful males are more wanted by females. women have a finite numbers of ovules, thus they can't be pregnant as many time as they want. so their purpouse in finding a mate is a "quality male", and for a woman, a good male is a man who will raise her children and will be able to give them a good life, protect them, and raise them well. that's why women tend to like successful and rich men. while men on the other side can produce as much sperm as they need, so their target is to make as many women pregnant as possible. and good fertility among women can be seen by big breasts and ass (due to a good amount of estrogen), which is why men tend to have more partners than women and prefer women with a "good" physique.

#24 April 4 2008

7aRami

battikh wrote:

i don't find them "vulgar"...sexual maybe, but not vulgar.
anyways, to go offtopic a little bit, women being attracted to successful men and rich men is something totally normal, not superficial and biological. even female monkeys give away sex against something, i watched once a documentary and you could actually see a male monkey approaching 2 females, giving them an ananas and they gave him some pleasure time in exchange. and even among monkeys successful males are more wanted by females. women have a finite numbers of ovules, thus they can't be pregnant as many time as they want. so their purpouse in finding a mate is a "quality male", and for a woman, a good male is a man who will raise her children and will be able to give them a good life, protect them, and raise them well. that's why women tend to like successful and rich men. while men on the other side can produce as much sperm as they need, so their target is to make as many women pregnant as possible. and good fertility among women can be seen by big breasts and ass (due to a good amount of estrogen), which is why men tend to have more partners than women and prefer women with a "good" physique.

LOL Thanks battikh that was quite informative

#25 April 4 2008

mir

what happens when the female monkey learns to get the bananas by herself ?

Board footer