LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 24 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Show Us Your Work!!!

Hey everyone, this is The Nabs. Has any of you guys ever created a videogame? Or perhaps an interesting software? If so, care to show us samples of your work? All is welcome, Flash, engines, anything. Just show us something worth while. Thanks!

#2 February 24 2008

battikh

Re: Show Us Your Work!!!

for video games, the only time it actually went further than just plans on paper was almost 10 years ago when i used to make games for my casio 9850 calculator. it was a NEED, what were we supposed to do during french and philosophy classes?
did some known games like battle ship, some less known ones like arcomage and some that i just "created" like a gangsters game (very stupid game, but i don't know why other classmates used to like it) and a memory game (very simple one, but challenging), ...

#3 February 24 2008

mir

what were we supposed to do during french and philosophy classes

talk about the girls and plotting what to do to go out with them... invent new pick up lines and jokes for the girls (what the regulars guys do)

did some known games like battle ship, some less known ones like arcomage and some that i just "created" like a gangsters game (very stupid game, but  i don't know why other classmates used to like it) and a memory game (very simple one, but challenging), ...

:o
10 years ago that means when u were 13 years old !
impressed !
didn't u also do some game on facebook ?

#4 February 24 2008

battikh

mir wrote:

what were we supposed to do during french and philosophy classes

talk about the girls and plotting what to do to go out with them... invent new pick up lines and jokes for the girls (what the regulars guys do)

pfffffft, that's boring.... throwing pieces of paper in their hair and seeing who could throw the biggest piece of paper, make it stick in the hair without letting the girl notice anything was much more fun

mir wrote:

did some known games like battle ship, some less known ones like arcomage and some that i just "created" like a gangsters game (very stupid game, but  i don't know why other classmates used to like it) and a memory game (very simple one, but challenging), ...

:o
10 years ago that means when u were 13 years old !
impressed !

don't be, i'm sure many in here started way before me... and, mmm, it's maybe less than 10 years, the oldest casio prog that i stil have is from 2009, so 9 years  but it all started with qbasic around 1993, but it was mainly just drawing and coloring circles and line
and even if it was 10 years, can't you do simple math?!!!! 24-10=14. :@ what were you doing at school during math classes? checking up on boys and hitting on them? :@

mir wrote:

didn't u also do some game on facebook ?

that's one of the things that stayed on paper  wanted to do an MMORPG, but that's as far as the idea went

Last edited by battikh (February 24 2008)

#5 February 24 2008

mir

that's one of the things that stayed on paper  wanted to do an MMORPG, but that's as far as the idea went

well maybe time to share the idea..maybe someone from the forums would help - don't count me in, i don't have facebook account -

off topic

throwing pieces of paper in their hair and seeing who could throw the biggest piece of paper, make it stick in the hair without letting the girl notice anything was much more fun

:mad:
I wish we went to school together
kint tlo3et noss battikha

:@ what were you doing at school during math classes? checking up on boys and hitting on them? :@

:rolleyes:
actually bi se3it l sport (the reason is obvious)

Last edited by mir (February 24 2008)

Board footer