LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 2 2007

mir

Employement sites

hi guys,

anyone of you knows of
an online way
to send ur cvs to possible employers in the IT business
in lebanon or in foreign countries
for free

if so plz let me know and what is ur feedback about those services

- i am trying to see if we really need this or if other ppl already have it , no need to re-invent the wheel -

plz post any link that u know of  thanks

#2 October 2 2007

battikh

Re: Employement sites

#3 October 3 2007

7aRami

#4 October 3 2007

teodorgeorgiev

" HireLebanese: “Lebanese have built a reputation for brains and productivity "

Apchhiiiiiiiiiiiii--i-i-i-i...

sorry, I got cold :(

#5 October 3 2007

mir

[off topic]

sa7a teo .. salemtak
(bless you)

i wouldn't argue.. all lebanese are stupid .. and dumb.. and ignorant .. and don't understand shit
it is even a shame they are white ppl .  they should be black ppl

i wonder.. what is exactly the reputation of lebanese ?
and it is so stupid to label ppl according to nations, race , religions and such

[/off topic]

i think there is also the e-waseet thing

so, do u guys think there is a need , or something missing to help lebanese find a job thru online activity ?

#6 October 3 2007

7aRami

I think the current websites are enough right now.. but still if a new website is built with new concepts, it may smoke all other websites.
I mean just like the time when there was hi5 & myspace... and then FACEBOOK to trash everybody!

btw, what's wrong with Lebanese people!

#7 October 10 2007

teodorgeorgiev

mir wrote:

[off topic]

sa7a teo .. salemtak
(bless you)

i wouldn't argue.. all lebanese are stupid .. and dumb.. and ignorant .. and don't understand shit
it is even a shame they are white ppl .  they should be black ppl

i wonder.. what is exactly the reputation of lebanese ?
and it is so stupid to label ppl according to nations, race , religions and such

[/off topic]

i think there is also the e-waseet thing

so, do u guys think there is a need , or something missing to help lebanese find a job thru online activity ?

Maybe it is stupid. But you never said - it is correct or incorrect. Try to stick some facts to such strong claims like "stupid / smart".
Otherwise you just say: "What I do not like to hear is stupid, no matter if it is correct or not".

1. www.freshmeat.net / www.sourceforge.net

try to do some research on the most active countries (people from countries) there.

Maybe the top ones will be the Middle East and Africa.

2. Check the worldwide inventions and the inventors, then arrange them by race / religion / nation

Mir, I have met and seen decent and clever Lebanese. The problem is that most of them "could not stand it" and just left Lebanon.
That is why you mainly see fools and crooks in Lebanon. Not that Lebanese in general are worse than the surrounding countries.
It is just that 85% of the people who give the "Lebanese nation" a good view... have permanently left.

#8 October 10 2007

battikh

things are not as simple as that.
1-lebanon's population being of only million, what we did is not bad, i'm not saying we can be proud or something, but we don't need to be ashamed.

2-the arab world have made many inventions, many of today's inventions are made thanks to arab discoveries. we were leaders in math, astronomy, medicine. we created the wheel, we created the eyeglasses, we created batteries, we proved math theorems (ever heard of pytagore?), we had the 1st law university in the world, ...we have nothing to be ashamed of. for present things, steve jobs is syrian, carlos ghosn is lebanese (1st non japanese to get at the head of a japanese company), the guy who sold the ipod idea to apple is lebanese, all the default wallpapers in windows vista were bought from a guy from kuwait i think. many lebanese are at the head of big companies like switch watches,...
in inventions we rarely look at the nationality of people. arabs are inventing, you will just not hear that it was made by arabs. who talks about who invented the screw? no one cares, you'll more likely to hear about the multinationals that use it.

3-arabs/muslim have historically always been more into philosophy, litterature, theories, astronomy, medecine, ... looking at the countries activity on sourceforge is not relevant to how much a population/"race"/religion is hardworking, the world is not only made of transistors and bytes.
and in medecine many arabs and lebanese have great discoveries in cancer, ...

4-we have nobel prizes, for me it's more relevant than looking at stats on sourceforge

5-being a leader in some fields in the world is not always as simple as it seems. in some fields you just CAN'T have a high profile. you CANNOT make research on some security fields specially if you're not that friendly with israel and usa. you are not allowed to build microprocessor companies in the middle east. many other restrictions, the world is not that fair and just...

6-invention rates are more about the population size of a country and how much the government put money into research. if a government doesn't invest in research it doesn't mean that middle easterns and africans are morons.

when arabs used to poo in toilets and have sewer systems and have bathes, europpeens were still digging wholes and pooping in their garden...

Last edited by battikh (October 10 2007)

#9 October 10 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Calling someone a "Syrian", only because his father has come from Syria (the mother is not important at all, according to your words),
and considering that this someone has never lived a day in Syria, is just funny and should be not discussed.
Not also to mention that Steve Jobs has never considered himself a syrian.

Not also to mention that shortly after his birth Mr. Jobs has been adopted (his father haven't spend even a day in growing up his child).

I think that you:

1. have not spend even 10min reading on Steve Jobs
2. have read his biography but read it like the Devil reads the Bible -> the Devil reads only these parts of the Bible that he likes :)

So it is senseless to discuss all your other claims.

#10 October 10 2007

teodorgeorgiev

The batteries have been invented by Allesandro Volta (an italian). Everyone who has attented his physics classes in the first 4 years must know this.

As for the eyeglasses, you have also read the wikipedia like Devil reads the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasses

from what I have learned at school, eyeglasses have been invented in Italy (Florencia) by a monk. And according to he wikipedia, that is correct - Salvino D'Armate is from Florence.

I think that you should read the book "Ruhnama" by Saparmurat Niazov (the past leader of Turkmenia, also known as "Turkmenbashi". According to his book the turkmenians have invented the wheel, the light, the sewerage system, the steam
engine and so on.
You will find something in common between yours and his way of thinking.

:)

#11 October 10 2007

battikh

regarding the batteries, you should read about "baghdad batteries"

for the eyeglasses, have'nt read wikipedia or i would have used names and links like you did, i was just relying on my general knowledge. but well, now that you sent the link, it seems that you just read the "invention of eyeglasses" paragraph and missed the "precursors" paragraph that comes just before it...go wonder who "reads wikipedia like the devil reads the bible"...
Allesando Volta is the creator of WEARABLE eyeglasses, sorry for using the wrong terms, i was referring to correction glasses and not wearable eyeglasses. Allesando created wearable eyeglasses in 1284,  Abbas ibn firnas (who is accredited the creation of correction glasses) was using correction glasses in the 9th century... (400 years before Allesando?)

anyways, i made my point clear, arabs are not losers because we are being beaten up by usa/europe/... in inventions the past 100 years. you clearly can NOT judge thousandS years old civilizations, cultures, religions based on only 100 years. you're judging arabs/middle east/.... based on such a small scale comparing to what they really are and compared to how much they gave to civilizations. till now you use everyday inventions based on arabs/middle eastern/muslim/... discoveries, correction glasses, wheel, arabic numbers, math theorems, physics, astronomy, medicine,.... and you deny all that just because of few decades in which we still are creating, it's just that names of creators are usually not very mediatised, it's companies and CEOs that we hear about.

and still, when arabs used to go to the bathroom and flush their poo away europeans where still pooping in the wild.

Last edited by battikh (October 10 2007)

#12 October 10 2007

teodorgeorgiev

1. Allesandro Volta has invented the electrical battery, not the eyeglasses. But since you also refer to the wikipedia, then read who
is said to used this "technology" at first - emperor Nero.

2. As for Europeans pooping in the wild - you get F (weak) at "History". Read more about the Ancient Rome, Constantinopolus and the European part of the Roman Empire. Read about the public lavatory system + the water conduit system. Read about the European
Renessaince and what happened with it when the ottoman turks came to Europe.

Yes, battikh, reading is the key.

And I am not talking about "few decades". I am referring to 300 - 400 - 500 years in the past.

If you keep digging in the past you will understand that initially everything has started from a single man and woman.

As for the wheel, it has been invented by arabs as much as the steam engine is. Calling the Sumer & Akad population "arabs"
could bring fun everywhere.

#13 October 10 2007

battikh

1-if nero used an emerald to watch gladiator games it doesn't mean that corrective lenses were invented. if a monkey finds a stick on the ground and uses it to hit his friends it doesn't mean that he created a hammer. and we all know how much nero was crazy, he probably like to see green gladiators.

2-
ancient rome started 9th century BC
constatinople was founded in the year 660
roman empire started in 1st century BC

phoenicians and egyptians is more like 1200-1500BC?

anyways, my point was clear since the beginning and you kept failing at proving it wrong. you just search for detailed error about what i say just to contradict me, what's next? correcting my grammar to prove that i'm wrong? you look at the words i say, the details and not the idea. the idea is clear, you cannot judge a civilization, culture or even religion based on few years and specially not on sourceforge activity statistics. the world is much more than just programming...

#14 October 10 2007

WizaRd

and all this started because of www.hirelebanese.com ?

Instead of supporting a website built by lebanese for their fellow citizens to help them get a job you start bashing and flaming their slogans ? Teodor I'm not getting into it again but you need to stop being so negative with your attitude, seriously.

I hope you were told that using Wikipedia as a reference does not count. Whatever argument you present based on Wikipedia is discarded... If you happened to have had a chance at a university you would know better.

#15 October 11 2007

mir

Each civilisation or culture has its own moments of glory and shame
europe/arabs... every single culture has golden ages, dark ages

If i am White , it doesn't make me any smarter than a japenese or someone from africa
we all have brains .. right ? the same kind of cells.. we are all stilll human

If I believe in Christ and you believe in mohamad or u worship the devil
that doesn't either make me superior to you

to me , Race , Religion and Nationality will never affect the way i view ppl
for me mush kil l hnud wl sirlankiyeh 3alam ma byifhamo
wala l amerken or europeans ppl i should respect

Same goes for all the nations

and btw Teo,i would really like to know how u classify the nations , the races and the religions
and where does ur country/religion/Race rank between the humans

and about proof Teo, and being correct or incorrect
can u explain to me how religion or skin color for example affect the brain activity and make u an inferior person in intelligence/feelings/knowledge... or a retarded human

Last edited by mir (October 11 2007)

#16 October 11 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Gebels has said: "Saying 100 times one lie makes it truth".

So keep convincing yourself, if that makes you feel better.

As for the religion, Mir, all religions are a big "STOP" for the science. That is an "axiom".

As also for the brain activitity, go to your university, find the anatomy teacher and ask him about the difference in brain structure
of each race. He could explain you some details.

I am over with this. As I said - if it makes you feel better, if it makes you blind to the surrounding shit you live in... keep saying
that europeans have used to boo in the wild whilst the arabs used baths in the past.

If it will make you feel better - I will start saying it as well.

#17 October 11 2007

battikh

rhow can an anatomy teacher explain the difference of the brain structure off all races if scientists already agreed and proved that there is nothing called "race". or are also scientists lying to themselfs just to feel better?
i wonder who is the one saying a lie to himself 100 times to believe it and to feel better about himself that he is superior than others just because of where he was born... it's definitely not me, i'm  not neonazi.
turned out that hitler was right and the whole world was wrong, the world was just saying lies to feel better about this crappy world in which if you are born in africa you're born stupid and if you're born in europe you're the greatest.

#18 October 11 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Battikh, either your country's education system is a complete disaster or you have missed a lot in school.

Ever read Charles Darwin and Sir Francis Drake?

It has been proven SINCE decades of years that in size (cubic meters) and thus - in area, some races have smaller brains than others.

http://www.geocities.com/race_articles/ … _race.html

And... if you read my first post saying -

"
Mir, I have met and seen decent and clever Lebanese. The problem is that most of them "could not stand it" and just left Lebanon.
That is why you mainly see fools and crooks in Lebanon. Not that Lebanese in general are worse than the surrounding countries.
It is just that 85% of the people who give the "Lebanese nation" a good view... have permanently left."

As I told you in the beginning - your way of reading is the same as the Devil reading the Bible ;)

#19 October 11 2007

teodorgeorgiev

And if the scientist have proved that there is nothing called "race" then how the forensic medicine is able to detect the race
of a decomposed body or skeleton?

It is time to stop watching the arabian music channels. Watch some Discovery, man... ... EDUCATE YOURSELF and then talk... ...
First read what scientists say and then quote them.

Last edited by teodorgeorgiev (October 11 2007)

#20 October 11 2007

mir

the poo thing doesn't make me feel any better.. first it is related to poo
and i care more about the current situation.. not who was poopin where in the 220000004 BC

i am reading the link u posted Teo
i am not being sarcastic.
can u post the top races/skin colors / nationalities
just a quick list.. not all the  races or all the skin colors or all the nationalities

#21 October 11 2007

battikh

teodor,

1- race means coming from different ancestors. we all know that we all come from the same ancestors, hereby there is nothing such as "races". and for forensics medicine, they do not detect the race of a person, they detect some genetic information. it's very different. what they also can detect is where the person lived due to the exposure at some specific things in some regions, like temperature, humidity, water, pollution... which can give you an idea to where the person lived (not necessarily from where the person is originary).
and for genetic feature, for example skin color. explain to me how the rate of melanin in your skin has a relation with your brain capacity.
for brain size, brain size alone is absolutely not relevant to how a person is intelligent. you're just looking at the outside. for example women do have a relatively smaller brain than men, but women have a higher ratio of gray cells than men. brain size alone is NOT relevant.

and yes, like mir said, i would also like to know the classification of races or humans, by intelligence or brain size or whatever (i'm also serious, not being sarcastic)

2-finally,  the fact that each time i tell you something you answer me by attacking me on a personal level (by saying stuff like i need education, ...) and not answering properly to my arguments with facts shows that you are aware that you are wrong, you are out of arguments and it's your last way to defend yourself. i am personally not attacking YOU, i'm just discussing a subject, so no need to feel offended, disrespect me and act like a 10 years old each time i disagree with you on a point. have an argumentation like a grown up.
i had my education in europe and lebanon, have a masters and collecting certificates, i clearly don't need you to judge my educational level and my intellectual capacities. after all, i'm the one talking out of general knowledge and you're the one quoting wikipedia and geocities websites. and it always turned out that my info were more accurate than yours (glasses, batteries, ...).
for reading like the devil reads the bible, once again, it's not me who read the glasses page on wikipedia by omitting a paragraph, and by doing that, denying than an arab was at the source of the invention.
for each argument i said you reply or by a personal attack to me or by a non-valid answer.
correction glasses invention, you were wrong, i was right
batteries, i was right, you didn't even know about baghdad's batteries
for the toilet thing, i was in 1500BC, the oldest you got was 900BC and you considered that as an counter argument to mine.
it's clear who needs to have more education and who needs to read a little more and who needs to learn to live in society and respect others.  EACH time i said something you replied to me that i should read more/get a better education/... while i was right and you were wrong, and you're still doing it, that's your level of argumentation? that's not what i was taught at school...
so for me, discussing with you a discussion of general knowledge has clearly no use, my case is closed.

#22 October 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

I think we should have stopped this discussion right at that very moment when you pronounced Steve Jobs for being a Syrian.

Lets conclude now that Linus Torvalds is a Pakistani, John Atanassov is a natural turk from Izmir, Tupolev is a complete Lybian and
James Watt has been born and spent his entire life in Jeddah, KSA.

You won, I admit.

#23 October 16 2007

battikh

YOU are the one who group people by color, brain weight, ....
steve jobs has syrian genes (if you like it or not), his brain is smaller than american's, it's not by living in america that his brain will magically gain weight. or do you always contradict yourself? please decide, do people from certain races are naturally more intelligent than others or not? are we classified by races? races being genetically detectable, how does forensics medicine classify steve jobs? as syrian (due to his genes), or american? what's his race? if he's syrian, then he should be less intelligent than americans. i'm not following your contradictions anymore, please enlight me
too much contradictions in what you say from post to post...
once again, you fail to break ANY of my arguments (even the weakest one) and once again you make a fool out of yourself...

the discussion should have stopped when you considered sourceforge as a source to classify civilizations' cooperation to humankind...

Last edited by battikh (October 16 2007)

#24 October 16 2007

mir

teo, if u still wanna reply to this

let me agree with u that race/nationality/color affect us
but i wonder how much it affects us
the effect of all those genes from a million year VS the personal experience of each person (learning, working........)

i think the relative comparaison will make the effect of stuff like color almost zero compared to the effect of a good or bad education system  for example

what is ur view about this ?
another question

when u walkin on the street.. or when at work or in a meeting
u see a black person.. do u immediatly consider him stupider and someone not worth talkin to
or u wait and judge later

and i am still waitin for the ordered list of nations/races/color

Last edited by mir (October 16 2007)

Board footer