LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 25 2007

rolf

GDS soho reviews

What are your reviews about the SOHO service (over GDS infrastructure?)

#2 May 25 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Re: GDS soho reviews

Is it allowed to use in the review all the dirty words that I learned in Arabic during my stay?

#3 May 25 2007

mir

Is it allowed to use in the review all the dirty words that I learned in Arabic during my stay?

Would be so intresting  to see how much of a fast learner you are

w to tell you the words that you don't know yet

#4 May 25 2007

nuclearcat

On my experience, some customers work ok (sure in limits of speeds, shaper is very strict, zero burst).
But some.... and it is very difficult to resolve problem over GDS support.
And one BIG problem - GDS SOHO, low priority in their wireless (lower only their old broadband customers). This means ping rtt, depends on location, can vary +-200ms LOCALLY, without counting international carrier delay.

Last edited by nuclearcat (May 25 2007)

#5 May 25 2007

teodorgeorgiev

It is funny how people still think that money + political power can run a business by themselves (specially like in the IT). No, I am not talking about GDS (only). I talk about the majority :)

Waaaaaaaaake up!!!

#6 May 26 2007

rolf

WIth all my respect to you visp guys (especially nuclearcat), visp left me without connection since 24 hours now. I have zero connectivity since they changed some part of the access point yesterday. Tech support was unable to resolve it on the phone after several calls, and i'm afraid it wont be before next week and several calls before someone comes and fixes the access point.
I would like to hear opinions from outside VISP.

#7 May 27 2007

nuclearcat

Well, i am outside of country(vacation), and not handling issues closely now. I am sorry about this shit happened, but wireless team failed in informing you as customer, about upcoming maintenance, and i asked management to discount you 1 month from internet payments.

#8 May 27 2007

rolf

nuclearcat wrote:

Well, i am outside of country(vacation), and not handling issues closely now. I am sorry about this shit happened, but wireless team failed in informing you as customer, about upcoming maintenance, and i asked management to discount you 1 month from internet payments.

have a nice vacation!

#9 May 28 2007

rolf

pfew! the connection is up again...

Board footer