LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 12 2007

hrc

Who knows this ISP in Lebanon?!

Hello!

I am from Europe, and soon I am going to visit Lebanon. During my visit, I am supposed to meet some people, and one of them claims that he is working at Best formula SRL, your ISP.
As far as I could make some research, besides their website, they are not mentioned anywhere. Am I missing something, or they really don't exist? Can anybody help me to solve this mistery?

Site is www.bestformula.net

Thank you very much for any help.

Best regards,
Hrc

P. S.

Also, it would be very helpfull if you can say if you don't know about them.

Last edited by hrc (March 12 2007)

#2 March 13 2007

rolf

Re: Who knows this ISP in Lebanon?!

Never heard of them.

#3 March 13 2007

Padre

same here ...never heard of them

#4 March 13 2007

teodorgeorgiev

ditto

Since they claim that they offer dial-up, have a link to NYC, then for sure they have to be a registered ISP.
All registered ISPs are listed at the Lebanese MPT website along with their dial-up numbers:

http://www.mpt.gov.lb/isplist.htm

Since there is no info about them at this page I highly doubt that they offer dial-up at all. Maybe they resell through some ISP (virtual ports).

Btw, I can't see any big deal in running IP over frame-relay. Useful only for some situations (like running it over STM) when you want
to detect very fast that the link is down. So, why do they brag about this implementation is a kind of curiosity for me.

#5 March 13 2007

hj88

they are illegal wireless isp just like spidernetlb.com fastnetonline.com and many others, but it's the first time i hear about them

Last edited by hj88 (March 13 2007)

#6 March 13 2007

samer
Admin

Hm, they seem pretty fishy since their whois information are fake.
anyway, they're hosted by "dotleb".

I was able to get some additional information, I got two names that might be associated with the above domain:

Houssam chehabeddine and Mohammad Ghaoui

additional information will only be disclosed via private message :)

#7 March 13 2007

hrc

Thank you very much. It is posible that I am coming there this Saturday, so now I am really not sure what to think. Anyway, if you find any usefull information, I'll be very thankfull.

If you ever visit Croatia, we can go and drink coffee ;-))

Best regards,
Hrc

#8 March 13 2007

mezin

hj88 wrote:

they are illegal wireless isp just like spidernetlb.com fastnetonline.com and many others, but it's the first time i hear about them

lol my isp is spidernetlb.com

is there any other thing in my area ? (above ghazir)

#9 May 11 2007

aboowissam

Mr. hrc
In lebanon we have too many isps some are so called proffesionals like cyberia ets... and some are Like Abou 3ali Boutankeh our neighbour  tyre-fix-smith all of them are horrible when you need a real connection better subscribe to any ISP In Yemen if you live there or probably In Gwadagoogoo.
We still have  the worst internet and Mobile services in the world Sorry for all but this is a fact.

#10 May 11 2007

samer
Admin

the people aboowissam is referring to are usually resellers for SatGate or cyberia/terra/inco.

Board footer