LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 3 2007

WizaRd

US Servers WoW... VISP/IDM ?

I am currently using my local "cable" provider. I am getting a 256K  download and 16K (barely) upload for $35 a month.
Since I play on the official US servers, my gametime is mostly at night (8:00pm-8:00am in the morning).

On this connection i am getting like ~1000ms daytime and 2500ms+ from ~5 - 9pm.
However, in night hours, i manage to have 700ms but it just gets worse when the guild asks me to open Ventrilo so we can coordinate better.

My budget is around $50-60.

I am looking for some kind of STABLE internet connection, that gives me around 300-600ms latency on US servers WITH Ventrilo and World Of Warcraft both working...

Anyone using VISP/IDM can tell me about the latency on the official US Servers ?
The only answer I will get from VISP (at least im getting an answer) is to either "come and try it" or ask someone who has VISP..

So i chose to ask in this forum, maybe, hopefully, someone can help me out...

P.S: if you play the game on the official servers, post your usual latency and your provider.. or simple PM them to me.

Thanks

#2 January 3 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Re: US Servers WoW... VISP/IDM ?

FlyingWizard,

we have already received negative comments that this forum is going to turn into
a "VISP support forum", therefore we wil refrain from answering this post. Sorry :(

#3 January 3 2007

mir

well..teodorgeorgiev, FlyingWizard is asking about  the latency on the official US Servers
he is not asking u to troubleshoot something for him
so i don't think this goes under the VISP Support Forum

still if u are sticking to not posting or answering "marketing-o" questions, i think u can PM him

Last edited by mir (January 3 2007)

#4 January 3 2007

rolf

Your question is hard to answer because it depends on the server and the time of the day.

#5 January 3 2007

Padre

im using WISE and i get 300-600 ms latency depending on time of day during raids like MC/BWL/ZG didn't go into Nax yet. and yeah i open vent :) but u know it all depends on the subnet u fall into. BUT u have to watch out for the evil quota limit they impose ... so it'a a tradeoff
dunno about VISP, but im sure they got as good or better lat.

Last edited by Padre (January 3 2007)

#6 January 4 2007

WizaRd

Just checked their website, and my area is "coming soon". I cant get broadband either due to no coverage in my area.. so I guess VISP/IDM/WISE are out of the question...

back to my connection :(

#7 January 4 2007

teodorgeorgiev

try Sodetel. Among the other criminals they look pretty decent.

#8 January 5 2007

Padre

hahahaha !
btw, dont sitck to the Pesco coverage area. im picking a signal 30/40km away from the anthena
u can get a testing NextNet Box and try it, but u'll have to know how to direct it. i use a parabolic reflector to improve my signal a bit.

#9 January 5 2007

WizaRd

I see... I will call and ask
(nevermind my PM then)

Board footer