LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 14 2006

rolf

How proud are you of your internet setup?

How proud? I'm pretty proud... I have set up something that is reliable (with the help of visp, of course)

Last edited by rolf (December 14 2006)

#2 December 14 2006

karim

Re: How proud are you of your internet setup?

i'm very proud of my wireless router.

lol

#3 December 15 2006

rolf

i think i'm falling in love with my router...

#4 December 15 2006

mir

I am not proud
Zero reliability.. slow connection... w 3al hileh.. ijit l con w ra7it l con
It is the cable guy in the area who also happens to have moteur,dish,internet,tosli7 siyarat,kahraba,water w asatar
(really, not exagerating) so u can get an idea of the Proffesional Work he is doing

but i am proud of my browsing habits and software used

and Rolf.. about falling in Love with ur router
Watch out - it may be dangerous for you and the Ports (6)

- i edited the rest of the post .. it is 3ayb -

Last edited by mir (December 15 2006)

#5 December 15 2006

rolf

mir wrote:

I am not proud

No VISP is good, bass halla2 if you want to pay $20/month only... it's your problem

mir wrote:

hahaha
no way

Last edited by rolf (December 15 2006)

#6 December 15 2006

rolf

yalla... edit! ;)

#7 December 15 2006

samer
Admin

mine is " O.K. ".

#8 December 16 2006

karim

visp.net.lb are advertising DSL. Are they really providing it???
I was thinking of getting that new MOBI service provides 1mbit down /256k up for like 120$ per month.. the only pain is the 2.7gb down limit, but i don't think i'll really reach it..

#9 December 16 2006

battikh

the past few weeks, not so good, lots of downtime and it's not stable anymore. i used to get 15k 24/7, now, i'm not even reaching 3kb...
but before that i was more then pleased, but they always manage to not make people happy.
(i'm using GDS's broadband)
what makes me stick to it is that i don't have a monthly limitation, sometimes i can download 800MB/day and sometimes, the whole month i dont reach 800MB, but just the idea of having a limitation would make me feel bad, internet is supposed to make you feel free

and karim, for the MOBI thing, is'nt it cedarcom who installed the infrastructure? coz from what i hear about them, they are not that reliable... anyways, in lebanon no one is.

#10 December 16 2006

teodorgeorgiev

karim wrote:

I was thinking of getting that new MOBI service provides 1mbit down /256k up for like 120$ per month.. the only pain is the 2.7gb down limit, but i don't think i'll really reach it..

Nope. It is a pure marketing trick. We sit all the day on the Internet and during the gaming pauses we browse for cool el33t words on google like --> ADSL, MTBF, NOC, broadband, QoS, firewall and put them on our website. They just sound really cool.

#11 December 16 2006

teodorgeorgiev

rolf wrote:
mir wrote:

I am not proud

No VISP is good, bass halla2 if you want to pay $20/month only... it's your problem

mir wrote:

hahaha
no way

Rolf.

"No VISP is good" or

"No, VISP is good".

A single small comma makes a biiiiiig difference :)

#12 December 17 2006

rolf

you may add the comma ;)

#13 December 17 2006

teodorgeorgiev

:)
The comma is added.
Come next week to show you the best way to solve your TC troubles --> Call of Duty + Warcraft 3

#14 December 17 2006

rolf

ok :) i'll pass by thanks

#15 December 17 2006

karim

teodorgeorgiev wrote:
karim wrote:

Nope. It is a pure marketing trick. We sit all the day on the Internet and during the gaming pauses we browse for cool el33t words on google like --> ADSL, MTBF, NOC, broadband, QoS, firewall and put them on our website. They just sound really cool.

you're funny. you should think of a career in stand up or something.

now for fuck's sake, if i were to call visp on monday and tell them i want adsl at home, how long would it take them?

#16 December 17 2006

teodorgeorgiev

24 hours max.

Now, you call a place, where a bunch of second-hand people (who would die from starvation, if they have to earn their salaries with honest work) sit and do nothing, and ask them - how much time it will take to place the line between our facilities and your home.  Get the answer and add it to the above 24 hours. It will take that long.

Btw, fucking is not that simple as you think ;)

#17 December 17 2006

karim

That's what i was referring to. the government didn't deploy the required infrastructure yet. which is why i was intrigued by your answer.

teodorgeorglev wrote:

Btw, fucking is not that simple as you think wink

you don't know me, so don't get into the details of what i know or think ;)

Last edited by karim (December 17 2006)

#18 December 17 2006

teodorgeorgiev

There is no government.

Read in google what are the duties of a government. One of them is to work for the country economics improvement and "prosperitete". Shortly said - to make the life of their citizens easier, not harder (giving equal rights and privileges, protecting the citizens from abusive and hostile monopoly structures and etc)
Since the current government's only goal is to find ways to abuse their monopoly state and to plunder money from its citizens (consider these money being distributed inbetween a closed high-level group of government officials), then it is not a government, but a regular commercial company - Ltd. , Inc. or Co. or whatever else.

Read what is the structure, methods and goals of a commercial company. Compare them :)

The Leanese have to start calling the things with their real names.

Examples:

1. Fiber is really fiber - information transmission media, built from silicon-structured (no, no, not THAT silicon) core and plastic/cevlar cover. Light is used to transmit information through this media.

Terrestrial line is really a terrestrial line, might be a fiber media, might not be a fiber media.

So, if you have a low latency link, this is not fiber. It is just a terrestrial link (in opposite to satellite links).

2. ISDN is not ISDN, not just E1. I was astonished when Ogero engineers told me that they will connect our dial-up with ISDN link (ISDN in the Middle East -wowwwwww, progress we call it). I configured everything - no luck. After some time spent debugging I saw that the link has nothing to do with ISDN, it is R2.
I called them. The answer was
"Well, yes, it is R2 signalling. But we call it ISDN here".

(Well, sir, then you maybe call your 5cm pee-pee - a *dick*).

3. Government is a government. It works towards protecting the country and all of its citizens from any kind of unfair actions. It works towards providing them with a good and equal chance to create wealth, infrastructure and social environment.
Structures that try to abuse their power by thinking on how to find a way to plunder more money (which money
sink into the pockets of the high-level members of these structures) are called commercial organisations (companies). Commercial companies who hold a monopoly state in a specific area and who abuse that monopoly state are considered of commiting a crime.

that is.

(all of the above is my personal opinion).

P.S. My girlfriend has a black cat, but in no way I am reffering to it as a "Panther". It is just a cat.

#19 December 17 2006

mezin

teodor is 100% right

Board footer