LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 27 2006

battikh

Bored

i'm at work, and there is nothing to do, it's so boring...
the past 2 days were so boring, nothing happenned, no problems, what am i supposed to do? stay hours doing nothing?
i think i'll sneek in tonight and cut some wires, mess up with the switches and patch panels, delete the configuration of the router,... hayk tomorow i'll have some fun.

#2 September 27 2006

rolf

Re: Bored

Nothing to do? No computer to disassemble and cut your hands on?
No blue screen on the server to stay overtime all night long?
No user calling you to find this very important file that he had saved "somewhere" and that somehow "disappeared"?

That's very weird man, I feel something bad is going to happen very soon... watch out...

In the meantime, enjoy, this is an IT admin's dream... you can now play warcraft, or mess with the users, here are some idea:

Make a screenshot of the users desktop with the windows open and everything, then put is as screen background and kill explorer though the task manager. When he comes back, he will be clicking all over the screen and wondering why nothing happens.

Use "net send" to send popup messages from the kind "This is the boss, my god what have you done! Come into my office immediatly!". Note if you have a linux box somewhere, you can do that using samba and you will be able to spoof the "From:" part of the popup messages, so that the user will read "From:Mr. Boss"

Any other ideas?

#3 September 27 2006

battikh

none of all this!!!!!
what kind of network is this? there are like 50 companies, and no one has a single complaint. Since when lebanese don't nagg? since when networks are being reliable? where are the attacks? wlek we have a crappy internet connection, crappy electricity, crappy everything, and the last 2 days, my 1st 2 days, NOTHING!!!

for the screenshot thing, it really cool  ehehehe. I tried it when i went to class, we had lab, but then i could'nt start explorer again, i did;nt have enough privileges, so i had to reboot

#4 September 27 2006

mahdoum

how bout putting a program that allows you to control users on the network?

#5 September 28 2006

samer
Admin

play some MMORPG, post on lebgeeks , read some whitepapers...

#6 September 28 2006

battikh

for MMORPG i decided not to get in these stuff anymore few monthes ago, fore the others, done and done
but yaaaay today 2 ports 7tara2o 3al switch, so i had to remove the cable and plug it in another port. that was such a great experience...

#7 September 28 2006

rolf

battikh wrote:

but yaaaay today 2 ports 7tara2o 3al switch, so i had to remove the cable and plug it in another port. that was such a great experience...

yaaaaaaaay

#8 September 28 2006

samer
Admin

... Battikh, PM the name of the company you work for, (eza ma bedak t7ota in public).
anyway, plenty of stuff to read on howstuffworks and wikipedia

#9 September 28 2006

samer
Admin

oh also, there's always the george costanza way of dealing with work (Like with the Pensky files )

Mike: All right, it's 808 right down there. Meanwhile, I'll get you the Pensky file, you can start working on that.

George: Yes, yes of course. The Pensky file. Ho ho, can't wait to sink my teeth into that. Wow that

Pensky. Well we'll straighten him out.

George walks into his office. He sets down his briefcase and coat and sits down. He quickly flips through

the folder, then drops the folder on his desk with a big thud.

Camera shot at the clock on his wall. The clock says 9:00.

A moment later, the clock flips to 5:00.

George puts the folder in his briefcase. He picks up the briefcase and his coat and he walks out.

read full episode

#10 October 2 2006

mir

well hope that today you get plenty of work
and that all the computers of the world crush on you today
and that you spend all ur time running and answering the ringing phone

lool sheyif .. 3am bid3eh 3leik  .. you are supposed to be happy for that
(but of course hope none of this happens :S )

#11 October 2 2006

battikh

thx for teh help mir
but after i told samer where i work, the next day when i cam to work all was screwed up (i don't know of it was just a coincidence...). no one had my number at work, i don't know from where they got it, but it did'nt stop ringing. it was a hell of a day, running from floor to floor, from switch to switch, from office to office, rje3et 3al bayt kelneh m3addal.
anyways, thx for helping

Board footer