LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

Lebanese ISP is under attack

As i am seeing, someone use massive botnet to attack lebanese ISP's. Seems DDoS targeted not for specific ip, as i see they are attacking all ip's. It is just few gigs of flood to all ISP's ranges with random sources. There is no known way to block such attack. Because of specific structure of VISP network browsing can be restored as service. And for now our backbone able to resist attack.
It is sad to say, but russian hackers worst criminals in such business. Current botnets owned by some russian hacker groups able to push down even Tier-1 ISP, it was proven few month ago with story related to "BlueFrog", if someone heard that.
So guys, be prepared. If Israeli government paid for that, we are in deep shit.

#2 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

Re: Lebanese ISP is under attack

They are "probing" not only VISP btw.

#3 July 29 2006

xcoder

i think there are israeli attacks against lebanese websites and ISPs.
i read an article few weeks ago about epetition.net and had 200 000 signature against the israeli attacks.
there was lot of israeli hacking attempts to that website.
days after i tried to enter the website and i couldn't.

Edit: website back :)

Last edited by xcoder (July 29 2006)

#4 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

Our website sustain about 50 attacks. They tried DDoS, SQL injection, syn flood, all known apache/php/... exploits. Till now everything is ok. I think other *.lb websites have the same kind of attacks.

#5 July 29 2006

xcoder

i actually hacked 3 israelis websites.
personal ones.
i prefer not to name them.
they're messing with the wrong people!

#6 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

Personal ones will not hurt their government, who is doing all this messy war. It will make just civil people angry.

#7 July 30 2006

samer
Admin

exaclty, its kinda useless to "hack" civilian websites, just like it is useless to kill civilians.

#8 July 30 2006

mir

Our website sustain about 50 attacks. They tried DDoS, SQL injection, syn flood, all known apache/php/... exploits. Till now everything is ok

Looks like you have been doing your job lately  :)

any info on some websites that went down?
anyone planning to do something about it?I know lot of Lebs got the Skills

Samer did u do that Back Up

http://www.highbeam.com/library/docFree … :106732244
an intresting link on CyberWar

Well i think CyberWar is actually important and can have a big Impact
Its Importance will become bigger in the future

#9 July 30 2006

nuclearcat

If u want to do something painful to any enemy, you have to not just deface website. For example you have to get sensitive information, or silently change something in their code to ruin the business. Destroy/deface is not a way, most of the hostings have backup's. It is max 1 day job to restore site.

#10 August 3 2006

Padre

defacing is surely NOT the way to do it.
The things i got access to are most of them far away from the webserver and deep into the company/bank/ISP whatever network.
I, personally, aint gonna do anything against IL. i dont have access to any Mil information anyway.
about the botsnets. A nice thing to do , is to "take over" the botnets, it's a really really nice thing we did couple of times. Surely it will take some work, but depending on the way the botnet is set and what "bot" they are using, it could turn out to be simpler then u think.

#11 August 3 2006

nuclearcat

Best way to find infected PC, run sniffer, and to c how owner of bots managing them. Then... sniff his pass, pass to channel, and do the same :)

Board footer