LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 28 2006

xcoder

Closing The Subject

i was reading back the thread i wrote about fastnet days ago.
and i found that the only person seen as a liar was me.
i just wanna add some replies once for all i m leaving this forum after.
first you won't get the extra speed without proxy so when you called fastnet they told you about the normal speed without proxy which is 192kbps
and here's a video capture from connecting to download to upload.

http://vcoderz.com/fast_connect.rar

Enjoy, and stop calling others liars without even having a clue abt it, kermelkon.
if you can't believe your eyes try to get to a computer using fastnet and try it instead of talking in the air and trying to be seen as 'geeks' :)
peace out!

Last edited by xcoder (July 28 2006)

#2 July 28 2006

nuclearcat

Re: Closing The Subject

By proxy u can get fast speed if file is in cache :)
This is what we heard.

#3 July 28 2006

xcoder

when it's cached it goes up to 350kb/s
teb the upload is cached kamen
in bad days down speed is about 70kb/s

Last edited by xcoder (July 28 2006)

#4 July 28 2006

samer
Admin

and i found that the only person seen as a liar was me.

If every time you argue with somebody (see: fiber optic) you get pissed off, that does not mean the entire forum is made of anti-social ubergeeks waiting for their next prey. In the contrary, we strive for an open forum with sociable people to create a friendly community. Have a nice day.

#5 July 28 2006

drevil

Internet is not how many KB per second you can download. many companies use proxy servers to make this downloads get faster. we don't blame them to save some money.
I just like to know, how many minutes to open a page such as cnn.com. LOL

#6 July 28 2006

xcoder

cnn open in 3 seconds ;)
not forgeting the 5 terabyte FTP they got.
hehehe what's the next excuse to say fastnet is bad. i can't wait the next episode.
since most of who are attacking me are on VISP.
i would like to know how many times you get disconnected from FTP to upload 1 mb file and how much time does it takes.

Last edited by xcoder (July 29 2006)

#7 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

xcoder, people who need to upload to ftp from end-user account, it is less than 1% of our customers.
I prefer to set in QoS more priority for services demanded by MOST of the customers, chat's, browsing, WoW(and other online games).
So FTP upload not argument of quality for me at all.
Corporate customers have dedicated bandwidth and manage it how they want. I am planning to do for them personal QoS on my side, which can be customized by them, so they can have decent quality even on 100% load of their bandwidth.

And we are not attacking. Just because we are another company serving in same country, we do not agree, that there is "best" ISP. Each ISP have his pluses and minuses.

#8 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

Regarding screenshots. Dear geeks, do you need screenshots of same actions what did xcoder, done on VISP?
Sure i will do on my type of account, because on any kind of account results will not show ISP capacity, just it will show limits of account.

By the way xcoder, i check ur accounts at our system and fastnet.
At us: 512K/48K, u paying as u told $40, but 100M
Fastnet: 144K/24K, u are paying as u told $44, but as u told 750M (official i found accounts only 50/500/1000, urs is 500)

But seems fastnet leave "hole" for purprose or by mistake, open bandwidth for streams accessing proxy, thats how you are getting high speeds. This is how u are uploading FTP files with speed more than u buy :)

Last edited by nuclearcat (July 29 2006)

#9 July 29 2006

xcoder

no there are no bugs
that's what i thought first.
but i uploaded 1.6 gb to my website in the last few days.
about saying that fastnet is not focusing on what most of users use.
we can voice chat on every single software.
msn, skype , yahoo , paltalk...
and note that when you're downloading or uploading it won't affect your browsing speed or sending file speed.
i don't know how fastnet is providing this great connection. i actually don't care what i know is that this is the best connection i've ever seen in my life.
webcam is real fast as well.
the speed you taked about (144kbps) without proxy and i never use my connection without proxy. while posting this post i downloaded about 52 mb through p2p (bearshare).
it's not that i want to argue with you.
i just wanted to inform people who are looking for fast connection.
and also i used to have the 512kbps account on visp which is 100mb/day and upload speed 4kb/s and i was paying 55$/month.
now i m paying 44$/month getting upload speed up to 60kb/s through http and 40+ via ftp.
are you visp managers?

#10 July 29 2006

nuclearcat

Well, account 512k/48k 100m/day cost which you are using it is $40, not $55. Seems it is not official VISP account.
Yes, i am VISP technical manager.

About "i dont care how i am getting", well, i have different point of view. I must give to customer what he buy, not less, and not more(except official promotional things), it is professional way of doing business.

I will give an example. Customer sued some ISP, who was offering "quota" accounts, because account type was advertised as 128K/128K, and ISP forgot to set shaper. As result, monthly quota of user was finished in 1 hour, when he did download, and didnt look to PC for some time. This is why speed limit must be same as in account description.

Board footer