LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 22 2006

xcoder

Fastnet

Hello there,
i was reading some of ur posts and noticed that most of you are waiting the DSL...
actually with what's happening in lebanon right now the DSL will be delayed for years most probably.
eventhought they were thinking to provide us 512kbps limitation 3gb/month for 40$ so it's not worth it.
anywayz, the good thing is that you don't have to wait the DSL to get a good connection you can simply contact fastnet which i am connected 2 and really satisfied so far.
my download speed goes up to 300kb/s at 3am and the average is about 120-130kb/s with upload speed average 30-40kb/s via http and 30kb/s via FTP not to forget that they have a huge FTP server about 5 terabyte of MP3s Movies... and gaming server linked to VISP gaming servers as well.
in another meaning they are the best internet providers in lebanon.
note that to reach that extra speed you need to set fastnetproxy to the program u're using otherwise u will get the 144kbps speed.
the limitation is 750mb/day which i never crossed YET since i am connected to fastnet (5 months).
and 44$/month.
i ll post some screenshots later.

Adonis, Bldg. 36, Street 63, Sector 2
Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon

Support Lines:
Tel/Fax: +961- 9-216347 / +961-9-216351
Mobile: +961-3481297
Email: support@fastnetonline.com

Regards,

#2 July 22 2006

mahdoum

Re: Fastnet

who on earth created that website? Its soo bad lol and they've stolen images from other websites and photoshopped it to fit their needs. Ekh.

#3 July 22 2006

xcoder

it doesn't matter as long they provide the best internet in lebanon ;)
and at least they have a forum to stay in touch with their customers.

Last edited by xcoder (July 22 2006)

#4 July 22 2006

samer
Admin

Hello xcoder, you seem affiliated with these guys.
Has anyone else tried them?

#5 July 22 2006

Padre

do they provide a real ip ?

#6 July 22 2006

Ragnar78

How the heck can anyone accept limitations when you get DSL?
Its so f****' ILLOGIC

#7 July 22 2006

xcoder

i m actually satisfied.
i used to be connected to globalproof (visp) 55$ for the 512kbps account and limitation 100mb/day.
for example i uploaded to my new website 340 mb yesterday
no they don't provide real IP.
the good thing is that you can change in the service. if u ask for a specific service they provide it.
for example they were limiting the bandwidth to 500mb so we asked them to increase it and they did 50% to 750 mb.
and you're able to contact the main manager of company.
the p2p is great download speed about 30-60kb/s depending no the senders of course...
download:
111ur0.jpg
upload:
2222he6.jpg

#8 July 23 2006

rolf

Is that Kilo Bytes or Kilo Bits???

#9 July 23 2006

battikh

it's capital B so it should be bytes

#10 July 23 2006

xcoder

yes kilobytes.
they're the best in lebanon. They Rock!

#11 July 23 2006

samer
Admin

let's hope they won't hit them :O

#12 July 23 2006

xcoder

hehe yea,
they're having some upload problems lately because of the israeli warships...
but the down link is still strong.

#13 July 24 2006

lubnan

xcoder
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's 9 pm i m not even able to upload 80 kb file :S
browsing is working great bass no upload at all!

hahaha!

I using visp now, and all perfect. No warships, nothing, all perfect now. Maybe they have fiber everywhere  I was with fastnet, each day he have problems. Now i am with Zaher, VISP representative. Much much better. I dont care about gigaz and megaz, more important stable internet. fastnet always problems, attacks, interferezne, cache damaged, power problems , and at peak time bad browse even.

#14 July 24 2006

xcoder

i switched to VISP when fastnet were installing the fiber obtic.
then i switched back again
it's much more stable now
i hope you enjoy your 2kb/s up and 15kb/s down

hehe yea,
they're having some upload problems lately because of the israeli warships...
but the down link is still strong.

up link fixed. uploading at 45kb/s via ftp

Last edited by xcoder (July 24 2006)

#15 July 24 2006

teodorgeorgiev

I was trying to keep myself away from such threads, but lying and bullshitting is what makes me very upset sometimes.

I will say my words in a very clear manner: STOP ABUSING AND OVERABUSING the word "FIBER OPTIC".

You have read it somewhere on the newspapers and since then start using this word. You have seen fiber optic only in your dreams and on Internet pages.

There is almost no fiber in Lebanon except the interconnected PSTN exchanges of Ogero and the international link to Cyprus (which is out of Lebanon).

And NO - the wash-line rope of your mommy is NOT made of fiber.

Terrestrial leased line is NOT FIBER. It is 2Mbps copper line.

I am pretty sure  also, there is no single fiber splicing machine in Lebanon (nor fusion, neither mechanical one).
And I am pretty sure as well, there is noone who knows to work with a fiber splicing machine.

I have a pretty sure method to make you (and everyone else who keeps abusing the word "fiber") stop lying.
We can do a small bet. $500 for you, if you show me the WORKING fiber link (more than 200m long, otherwise it is just a small patch cable). Then, I will ask someone of VISP to bring you to the core network office and show you inside the pipes 2 x 150m multimode 850nm + another 50m of multimode fiber between the core switches. This is the expensiver multimode fiber with a core made of pure glass. 650nm is the cheaper one, with a core made of sheer plastic. The cover is made of pure kevlar. The same used to make bulletproof vests.   

Then we will sit face to face (no google and books) and will start explaing what fiber is and how does it work. And since we have spare fiber links, we will show each other how fiber optic connectivitity is troubleshooted.

And after this, if you have some dignity on you, you should change your name to xliar.

Before it was modern to brag about sex and how many girls you have slept with (they have no idea, though... hahahaha). Now it became modern to lie about fiber optic.

P.S. The above offer is valid to all other who abuse the word "fiber".

P.S. Lubnan, no offense, but:

1. I am not aware of such a reseller with a name "Zaher".
2. Noone knows where a bomb will hit. It is a pure luck we have not been hit so far. And I do not wish this to any Lebanese ISP (besides one).

#16 July 24 2006

rolf

xcoder wrote:

yes kilobytes.

Bullshit Alert

#17 July 24 2006

xcoder

loool, ana shou khesran.
i was only trying to help it seems you're so attached to your slow connections.
some people can't even believe it.
ino shou be3mol b7et video capture. i won't. i m not a reseller or anything for fastnet if you don't wanna believe it, your problem :)
ok VISP are great but they provide shit connection so what's the point?
i've been using VISP for 3 years and i know what they are.
good luck.

Last edited by xcoder (July 24 2006)

#18 July 24 2006

teodorgeorgiev

rolf wrote:
xcoder wrote:

yes kilobytes.

Bullshit Alert

Rolf, on his screenshots it is Kilobytes per second, in my opinion.

#19 July 24 2006

mahdoum

anyway  who cares there is no good legal internet in lebanon (good as in comparable to other countries that have decent internet)

#20 July 25 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Xcoder,

looks like you ran away from my proposition.

I am waiting for your reply - do we bet on $500 or not ?

#21 July 25 2006

xcoder

teodorgeorgiev wrote:

Xcoder,

looks like you ran away from my proposition.

I am waiting for your reply - do we bet on $500 or not ?

i am not runing away from anything khaye.
and i  don't wanna play silly games.
either they have a fiber or not i don't give a shit!
after they said they are installing it i had a connection 15 times faster than VISP.
i am satisfied anyway.
in another meaning i trust them much more than globalproof does.
at least i can contact the administration.
not when i call VISP bi2oulo ogero meshye 3al 7atab el meshkle mesh men 3ina.
can anyone close this topic?
i was just trying to help and amo 3laye 3anjad geeks!

#22 July 25 2006

teodorgeorgiev

It is not about playing silly games. It is you have to defend your words, to stand with them. This is what people who open their mouth for a good purpose do. These who do not defend their words and run away are called nothing but cowards / liars :)
This is what small kids do - throw a stone and run away to the maximum ability of their legs :)

I do not argue on your opinion on VISP (or anything/anyone else). It was about the words you said. Since you do not value your own words I doubt there is any sense do keep such a discussion. Lets really close it.

#23 July 25 2006

rolf

xcoder wrote:

loool, ana shou khesran.
i was only trying to help it seems you're so attached to your slow connections.
some people can't even believe it.

I cant believe it... coz i called fastnet and they told me the fastest connection is 256kbits up and 512 kbits down unlimited and it costs $300/month, and it's not dedicated.
So I'm not attached to any slow connection, but show me how to do to get 3mbits download and 512 kbits upload like in your screenshots and I'll buy it.

Last edited by rolf (July 25 2006)

#24 July 25 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Rolf,

maybe his test was done deep at night? Might be (other ISP do like this) - when there is plenty of unused bandwidth, it is shared among the customers without considering their speed limitation.

#25 July 25 2006

samer
Admin

xcoder wrote:

can anyone close this topic?

teodorgeorgiev wrote:

Lets really close it.

thread closed, xcoder you may reply to Rolf's question via Private Message.

Board footer