LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 16 2006

battikh

Google Earth

google earth have finally updated it's maps and lebanon is finally in better resolution. now i can see my home

here are some nice places from lebanon:

Downtown:
downtown.jpg

Baalbeck:
baalback.jpg

Rawcheh:
rawche.jpg

Madineh el riyadiyeh:
cite_sportive.jpg

USJ (faculte d'ingenieurie, that's where i study):
(left is usj, right is Waves)
usj-fi.jpg

and finaly, my house:
home2.jpg

yalla, send your house's picture too

yiiiii, talking of google, i totally forgot, we had a conference at university with georges harik, the ex-director of googlettes (the research department of google, so he's the one who was responsible of teh development of gmail, gtalk, google video, pikassa, ...), i forgot to go  it could have been interesting. screw me and my stupid memory!!!!

#2 June 16 2006

rolf

Re: Google Earth

thanks!!
last time i was deceived about the resulution

youpi :)

#3 June 16 2006

mahdoum

yay lets have a bit more fun with this

#4 June 17 2006

samer
Admin

halelluja

#5 June 17 2006

battikh

a cool thing that could be done is some cool games with that. for example, i hide a cd in some place in lebanon, and i post the satellite picture of that place. 1st one to find the cd and send the content of it wins. enno that's just an idea, a whole website could be done for that.

#6 June 17 2006

mahdoum

lol thats a very interesting idea

#7 June 17 2006

mezin

battikh wrote:

a cool thing that could be done is some cool games with that. for example, i hide a cd in some place in lebanon, and i post the satellite picture of that place. 1st one to find the cd and send the content of it wins. enno that's just an idea, a whole website could be done for that.

the prize had better be something kick ass to search lebanon for it

#8 June 18 2006

mahdoum

well you'd search google earth first

#9 June 18 2006

cyber_lady

battikh wrote:

yiiiii, talking of google, i totally forgot, we had a conference at university with georges harik, the ex-director of googlettes (the research department of google, so he's the one who was responsible of teh development of gmail, gtalk, google video, pikassa, ...), i forgot to go  it could have been interesting. screw me and my stupid memory!!!!

I couldn't go either, but my friend went and it was a total waste of time. Seems like we didn't miss out on much

#10 June 19 2006

mir

could everyone go to that conference or only uni students

for next intresting events. u guys post about it.. and i remind u ..  i will even drive u from home.. just post about it lol

yalla i am googling for my place

#11 June 19 2006

cyber_lady

mir wrote:

could everyone go to that conference or only uni students

for next intresting events. u guys post about it.. and i remind u ..  i will even drive u from home.. just post about it lol

yalla i am googling for my place

it was only for usj students, and you had to reserve your place.

Board footer