LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 29 2006

mir

il Mondial !

hello guys and girls !

So who is a football fan here ? (who is not )
do u guys watch the mondial and take a side

So i think it will be nice to know min ma3 min w why

Io sono una Tiffozeh dela teameh del calcio italiano and I am wondering who is  a fan of the Italian Team.. everybody seems to be ma3 il brazil or germany...donno y :(

Last edited by mir (May 29 2006)

#2 May 29 2006

battikh

Re: il Mondial !

for the ones who are with brazil, it's obvious, they enjoy watching great football. The quetsion is why would people be with germany? do they have sadistic problems? who the hell enjoy loosing?
for the italians, it or girls or gay that support them...but at least 3andon sabab

Last edited by battikh (May 29 2006)

#3 May 29 2006

mahdoum

germany & italy  wala kilme ya battikh

#4 May 29 2006

mir

battikha .. obvious u are with brazil..
mahdoum.. halla2 ma fhimt.. inta ma3 germany w italy

halla2 for the italian team... i think they play great defense tactics
if u do 1 million try and score 1-2-3 goals.. that is not great play
but when u receive 1 million try and they don't score. . that is a good play

hala2 i enjoy watching brazil when they are not playing against italy lol
and c'mon , it is not only for the guys    ...
the brazil guys are charming.. lol ... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ..

#5 May 29 2006

mahdoum

eh lol, I support germany but I also like the way Italy play

Never supported Brasil, don't like to be like everyone else

#6 May 29 2006

battikh

you all say that everyone is with brazil, but i seem to be the only one....
mir, u don't like the brazilian guys? ronaldinho's teeth are'nt sexy?

#7 May 29 2006

mezin

battikh wrote:

for the ones who are with brazil, it's obvious, they enjoy watching great football. The quetsion is why would people be with germany? do they have sadistic problems? who the hell enjoy loosing?
for the italians, it or girls or gay that support them...but at least 3andon sabab

well it was obvious to me from your post that you have zero football knowledge....

first of all we don't enjoy loosing, whatever that means, if you meant losing then certainly we don't. To tell you the truth back in 2002 i never would've thought that germany would make it to the final since they had a relatively weak team that hasn't been together for a lot of time. however this year is different we have new stars that are about to shine and pretty soon you'll know their exact names (just remember lukas podolski).

as for brazil i have no doubt that they are a strong team but that doesn't make them gods and it's highly probable that they wont score their 6th win this year.

italy is what confuses me. technically they haven't achieved a thing since 1994 and in 2002 their team was way better than it was today. yet in 2002 they didn't achieve a thing. yet people still support them and a majortiy even think they are better than germany for example or netherlands or sweden or even ukraine for that matter. i really don't understand why someone might think that they can win. however i still respect their opinion

#8 May 29 2006

mahdoum

italy play stylishly  but Germany still kicks ass

#9 May 29 2006

karim soubra

brazil

#10 May 29 2006

karim soubra

download this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … layLang=en

it will help you with the schedule and scores plus it has rss support

#11 May 29 2006

mahdoum

nice program btw i liked it more then the yahoo widget one
omg.jpg
notice anything weird above^ lol

Last edited by mahdoum (May 29 2006)

#12 May 30 2006

samer
Admin

Germany 8-) - with Jurgen Juergen Klinsmann as their new coach, my hopes are high ^^

#13 May 30 2006

mir

lol mahdoum..
i noticed ur 837 KB/s  .. umm...

#14 May 30 2006

mahdoum

lol i guess aub likes microsoft.com  (not photoshopped) I think thats the fastest internet i've been on ever

#15 May 30 2006

battikh

by the way, anyone heard about the television re-transmission thing of teh world cup games?
i heard on LBC's news that no TV will retransmit the games for free neither locally, neither on the dish coz medreh ayya channel bought the rights and sells the rights to take teh games from them to hotels, restaurants, ....
anyone has info about that? which channels will out the games, ....?
sory, but monopolising the market like that and making people pay to watch football is sh**!!!!

#16 May 30 2006

mahdoum

yeah but its like that in many sports

#17 May 30 2006

battikh

bass enno football is the sport for the people. enno in lebanon, the mondial is teh only thing these days that lowers the tension between people and let them forget about politics. screw them

#18 May 30 2006

mezin

you'll all know 4 days prior to the first match wether your cable guy will put a channel or not

#19 May 31 2006

mir

i heard on LBC's news that no TV will retransmit the games for free neither locally, neither on the dish coz medreh ayya channel bought the rights and sells the rights to take teh games from them to hotels, restaurants, ....
anyone has info about that? which channels will out the games, ....?
sory, but monopolising the market like that and making people pay to watch football is sh**!!!!

first .. are u sure about it.. or is that a rumor
ashou....no  tv will retransmit the games ..... [self control] ...Where is that company located, going to blow the headquarters.
ano football gets all the nations of the world into one big event.. it has a deep value
it is the sport where only humans compete without the technology..
monopolising the market is more than shit

yeah but its like that in many sports

F1 fhimna..bass football :@ .. that is not a reason to be happy about it.. completely agree with battikh

you'll all know 4 days prior to the first match wether your cable guy will put a channel or not

I hope he does.. he has better

Last edited by mir (May 31 2006)

#20 May 31 2006

Rexus

I go for Brazil most of the times. They're artists of the soccer ball and I never get tired of their magic tricks. I won't side with a team just to veer off normalities like some dolts are doing these days. The other day I asked my friend like, "Meen la7tshajje3 hal mondial", and he was like, "Toga", and then I was like, "rabbak meen toga?" etc. Fun stuff.

#21 May 31 2006

samer
Admin

The other day I asked my friend like, "Meen la7tshajje3 hal mondial", and he was like, "Toga", and then I was like, "rabbak meen toga?" etc. Fun stuff.

hehe, mni7a

#22 May 31 2006

mahdoum

Just confirmed that you will have to pay extra to be able to watch the world cup. Just call up your cable provider and see what he can do for you (but you will have to pay). I mean I don't mind just hope that the commentators aren't speaking arabic (I hate arabic commentators for soccer).

Still trying to find out the price though ;)

#23 May 31 2006

samer
Admin

here's an article in Albalad newspaper: http://albaladonline.com/new/modules.ph … =0&thold=0

#24 May 31 2006

karim soubra

^^
that sucks

#25 May 31 2006

samer
Admin

It does, lek malla ekhra we'll have to stream in over the net.

Board footer