LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 25 2006

patrick

Guide for n00bs ?

i am a n00b , can you post some kind of guide faq about php codes, html , java scripts, exploits , xss attacks, telnet , bios ....

Tried understanding some , got lost in the end :S ....

It could help you guys save some time , and make your community larger by helping out newbs

#2 April 25 2006

samer
Admin

Re: Guide for n00bs ?

hehe, first one of the many things you mentioned and stick w/ it. Let's say HTML. then check out these sites:

- www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
- www.davesite.com/webstation/html/
- www.google.com

good luck ^^

#3 April 26 2006

mir

Hello patrick...

what are u intrested in :
Programming ?
Security?
Doin fun stuff with ur computer ?with other ppl computer
or you just wanna be a geek

u can't just go reading tutorials.. u must like something, or want to do something and read about...

I would suggest that you read couple of stuff about the command line utilities,there are fun stuff to be done with it ---
use /? -- that is all the tutorial u would need
or go to system32 and start all those applications w start messing around in a scientific way
or learn how to crack ur frnds high scores in games .. find a way to change the high scores or find bug in games

when u set what u wanna do.. u won' get lost.. and u will have motivation to read

#4 April 26 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Patrick,

I will give you one general advise: "Learn first how to CREATE, then - how to DESTROY".

Using hacking programs does not make you a hacker. At all. First, you need to spend lot of time learning TCP/IP  :)

#5 April 27 2006

mir

it is about learning not becoming some...hacko wacko

i think it is easier to learn to destroy and probably more intresting for lot of ppl ...
so if u learn how to destroy..at the same time u will be learning how stuff was made so u can destroy it.
and u can learn how to build strong stuff ..
trust me some system are so complex.. they are not easy to bring down!

so my approach is learn how to destroy. so u see all the things that ppl tried to do and how they were broken or how they can be broken
then start creating strong stuff
like that you won't have to start from zero

remember to destroy ur own stuff.. so u don't end up in trouble

Last edited by mir (April 27 2006)

#6 April 27 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Lot of people = stupid people (yes, they are really a lot of).

Trust me, I have tried both ways. The way to create is the right one. It also makes pleasure (to clever people, of course).

if everyone starts destroying, there won't be anything to destroy?

Your access to Internet is supported by people, who know how to create and maintain, not to destroy.

Sorry, no offense, but your way of thinking is childish and hostile, and trust me, from my experience, it will not lead you to anything good.

If all the people were busy with destroying, we would still live in caves.

#7 April 27 2006

mir

u want to make something... a secure login (very easy example)
u just go and code it .. make the same mistake other ppl made
or you look around.. see other log ins.. see how they were made.. if they were broken..try to break them ...
u will probably learn about advanced technologies and u will develop ur application in a way that it will be harder to break than the other applications

another thing, if there was not security threads.. no one will be intrested in learning about security
in the worst things u can see a bright side

my point of view led me to be a programmer.. not a destroyer .. lol

oops.. that was lot of off-topic.. patrick if u are intrested in batch programming i can send u a tut i wrote a while ago for a website.. it is funny, simple and powerful
tell me specific subject so i can help u with 

Last edited by mir (April 27 2006)

#8 April 27 2006

patrick

no one mentioned "hacking " it is protection i seek , security , the power to create , i run a free hosted forum , but i don t know how it works , i want to become like you guys, i want to understand how eveyrthing works .  by the way that html site was helpfull thx samer !!!! And guys i appreciate your help , and mir, what s that tut about , i didn t undertsand what you said

#9 April 27 2006

mahdoum

I'd like to see that batch programming tut mir

#10 April 28 2006

samer
Admin

patrick, hacking and security come along. for example to make sure a webserver is secure, you'll have to pen-test it, thus "hack" into it.

#11 April 28 2006

darkstar

mahdoum wrote:

I'd like to see that batch programming tut mir

Yeah same here...

#12 April 29 2006

mir

patrick, hacking and security come along. for example to make sure a webserver is secure, you'll have to pen-test it, thus "hack" into it.

Exactly! 

well i will search my gmail account.. i probably forwarded it to someone., if not i will look at home, it sure there
PM ur e-mails guys so i can forward it

Board footer