LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 18 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Warcraft III any fans ?

Hey,

are there any real fans of Warcraft 3 around?  That is so far one of my top 3 favorite games, but its community is shrinking badly :(

Which race do you play with?

Last edited by teodorgeorgiev (April 18 2006)

#2 April 18 2006

battikh

Re: Warcraft III any fans ?

I only play the hero maps like 3 coridors. I also like the tower defence maps.

#3 April 18 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Ouffffff Battikh, I was talking about the race --> Humans, Orcs, Night Elves, Undead =)

Indeed, a lot of the War3 maps are good. The issue is - noone to play with :(

#4 April 18 2006

mir

well i know a net cafe at rawda
called solnet cafe .. owned by Imadovich (imad)
there are minimum 6 - 7 ppl playing warcraft at that place in any time of the day
sometimes they stay up till the next morning..

maybe u should go and hang out there with the guys .. lol
if u want i can send u the nbre so u can talk with the guy lol
y not start something for the lebanese gamers

Last edited by mir (April 18 2006)

#5 April 18 2006

teodorgeorgiev

This "something" for the Lebanese gamers is long ago started (3 months already).

Our network supports CS 1.6, Quake 3, Warcraft 2/3, Starcraft, Diablo 1/2, Call of Duty.
And we are ready for BattleField 2/1942, WoW, C&C Generals/Zero Hour... ... ...

95% of the gamers are playing nothing but CS. Whilst the CS servers are full, the other are just collecting dust... Really a shame... ...

Yes, please, pass me their details.

P.S. Indeed, I was askinmg if there are any fans here on the forum :)

#6 April 18 2006

battikh

teodor, yes i knew you were asking about races, but in my case, races are'nt that important, it's more about what hero you choose.
can't we play these maps on visp's servers? i came many times on the servers for warcraft, but it's always empty :(

#7 April 19 2006

darkstar

Teodor, If there is any RTS that I have been addicted to since 2002 until now is Warcraft ROC and now TFT ( The expansion).
A while ago ( before WoW even appeared) we used to have tournaments in Domnet (which is a netcafe in mansourieh), we also organised clans which added to the fun. The community at that time was HUGE but now unfortunatly as you stated the community is shrinking. My younger brother is really good at it , and most of my friends still play this game. Teodor you should browse warcraft community websites and see what the warcraft community is made off. Take a look at sites such as : http://www.wcreplays.com or http://www.replayers.com. Every week they have a tournament up and running which continues to attract players.
And to answer your question my favourite race is Orcs ;).

#8 April 19 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Battikh,

yes the servers are really empty most of the time (and at the same time, the Counter-Strike servers have 12-13-14 people playing like mad).
We will however try to overcome that. As a start, to spread 200-300 copies of Warcraft 3 among the gamers and to organize soon a Warcraft 3 tournament :)

IMHO, the race is much much much more important for the game outcome, than the Hero. The Heroes have mainly two type of magics - to summon some creature or to hit from a distance. My favorite race is the Humans. However I have to admit that the Undead are the strongest race I have ever played with. I hate them, but they are really very strong. They give you a recovery ability (canibalism, the green spots, burrying into the ground) too soon. To get a similar healing ability at the humans, you need to build an Arcane Santrum and produce priests (with their healing ability).

For me, the strongest race is the Undead. And Orcs are the weakest (or at least I can not get used to them).

Battikh, until you are waiting for the Warcraft 3 community on our servers to get stronger, come here, grap a CD with CS 1.6 (+ the needed patches) and join. Better than nothing :)

P.S. And attach your microphone. Team voice-chat is enabled ;)

#9 April 19 2006

battikh

i have cs 1.6. i played on ur servers, but my lag is kind of high, like 100ms at it's minimum, and i have nothing else taking bandwidth. and to tell u the truth, there is always this same map that i hate...
and cs is'nt as much fun as before... but i still hang there from time to time even though the lag is kind of messy with me...

#10 April 19 2006

teodorgeorgiev

There are 3 servers, loaded with different set of maps :)

CS1 playing now --> cs_assault
CS2 playing now --> cs_beirut (yes, this one is ugly)
CS3 playing now --> de_aztec

:)

Btw, how much is your upload? You could get a "game-only" account, which will allow you access (when you use it) only the gaming-servers cluster, but with high speed, which will give you close to excellent latency (less than 50).
However if your LAN is bad, then nothing helps :( :( :(

#11 April 19 2006

darkstar

Teodor could you elaborate more concerning the "game-only" account.

#12 April 19 2006

battikh

i'm a terranet user, i use broadband, so i have maximum 4 kbytes/s (that's not for saying less) so 32kbps max

#13 April 20 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Well, here is the story with a "game-only account" - most of the customers have limited upload bandwidth, which could be not enough for acceptable playing on FPS. Instead of asking the guy to upgrade his Internet connection (which is costly, it would be a dirty thing to force the customers to upgrade), we are giving away game-only accounts. It is a symmetrical account (like let say 128/128, this is pretty enough for CS, CoD, BattleField, Quake, GTA), but it allows access only to VISP game/chat servers.

So, the guy wants to play - he switches to a game-only account. He wants to use Internet back -> he switches to his regular account.  Much better than paying something like $30-$50 (I am not good with the prices) for better Internet capacity. Consider that 90% of the gamers are schoolboys and are just unable to handle such an amount...

The issue is, this will be available only to VISP customers. We can not force other ISPs to do that...

#14 April 20 2006

samer
Admin

I play DotA all'stars :)  (im in italy!!!)

#15 April 20 2006

darkstar

We too play dota here .

No wonder we havent heard much from you lately Samer ;) .

Oh yeah enjoy the fast internet there.

Last edited by darkstar (April 20 2006)

#16 April 21 2006

teodorgeorgiev

What is the difference between War3 TFT and Dota ?

#17 April 21 2006

darkstar

War 3 TFT(The frozen throne) is the expanstion for Warcraft reign of chaos.

Dota (Defenders Of The Ancients) is a custom map made by Warcraft fans.

You play DOTA (The map) from inside War 3 TFT .

For more info about dota head to: http://www.dota-allstars.com

#18 April 21 2006

battikh

it's the map i have been playing the past 2 weeks. But i have'nt played it much, to the point that i did'nt realise we could craft new items...
i'll try to do that right now

#19 April 22 2006

darkstar

Yes battikh there are recipes that you buy from the acolyte,wisp,peon, and peasant. Just hover your mouse over a given item and it will state all the requirements needed in order to craft it.

Board footer