LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 9 2006

nuclearcat

Jtag

Anybody know, where i can get tools like 14-pin JTAG? Which can be compatible with linux, and if possible gdb. Or there is nothing like this in leb?

#2 April 10 2006

rolf

Re: Jtag

Uh what the hell is a JTAG?

#3 April 10 2006

nuclearcat

#4 April 11 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Hi Nuclearcat, Jtag stands for Joint Action Test Group, and it uses 14 pins , so it is an interface that allow Ur system to run independently of another computer that is running it, so the 14 pins really all it does is shrinks the width of UR  data bus, so If U have a memory interface that is 256 bit wide, what U can do is put the Jtag infront of that interface then U will be dealing with only 14 bit data bus.
I hope that will help U.

Ps. I am curious on what R U doing with this Jtag? and what do U do for Living? and finally" Now I am going to Piss MIR off by asking this question":),  R U a Hardware Guy???
Chips IMR

#5 April 16 2006

nuclearcat

Building my own solution for SOHO and ISP's based on Linux and IXP420 (or similar).
There is a boards for my development, there is 14-pin JTAG, but there is no JTAG cable. Sure, i can spend 1 week, and assemble cheap LPT based one, there is a lot schematics and even PCB layouts, but i dont have free time, especially 1 week.
I gonna order it from some outside company seems.
Anyways, i have in TODO list building some kind of "embedded" system for my routers and proxies, with powersaving features and thermal control. I am preparing everything for hot lebanese summer :)

#6 April 17 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Hi nuclearcut,  is'nt there  a PLC " Programable Logic Controller" that already does that, I thought they do already exists :)
Chips IMR

#7 April 18 2006

nuclearcat

Well, i already choose a platform for such things, it is ARM board, possible with FPGA offloading engine.

Board footer