LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 11 2006

battikh

J2ME+Bluetooth

Hi,
I have to write a program for a mobile phone (nokia java enabled) that can let me send characters or a string to another device via bluetooth. So for now i want to be able to send the string from my phone and catch it in hyper terminal on my pc, if i can do that for now it would be great.
For programming in general on the mobile phone, i'm having no problem, but for the bluetooth part...
So does anyone know where i can find a simple tutorial (not full of useless details) that can help me for the bluetooth part? What it should do is send a string to a specific device.
Thank you.

#2 March 17 2006

mir

Re: J2ME+Bluetooth

Sorry for the late reply
but i don't have experience programming this stuff..
i ran a small search i think the developers.sun.com would not put useless details
check this:
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mo … luetooth2/
there are also some nice links at the end of the page
i think u should find a forum specified for cell phone programing, like the nokia programmer forum
or sun, u have a better chance to learn there

good luck with ur application
what is it about ?

#3 March 17 2006

battikh

thx for the link, i already found that one, it's helpfull but not enough
i found some new informations, i'll test everything and if it works.

The project is devided in 2 parts, 1 part electronic, and teh 2nd programming.
-in the electronic part we have to make a device around a microcontroller capable of receiving commands via bluetooth and turn on and off some of its ports (later it will be used to turn on and off light, TV,...). It is built around the blu2i module. This module can be connected to a pc serial port to use blurtooth, so what we have to do with the microcontroller is mainly to replace the pc.
-in the programming part, we have to write a program for mobile phones to send commands via bluetooth to the microcontroller and tell him wich ports to turn on/off.

in 2 words, we have to controle the states of the ports of the microcontroller with a mobile phone, for use in a domotic environement (if we have enough time...).

#4 March 18 2006

mir

Hehehe...good luck with that.. :S ... sarahatan ma ba3rifsh fiyon hawdi.
mush hal2ad wasleh

i think once at the local netcafe, the guy offers also those mobile phone programs
once i asked him about some intresting programs.
he told me about something very very very similar to ur project (turn on/off tv w other devices)
u can get a bunch of programs for 5000.
so if u want, u can have it installed on ur phone.. reverse engeneer the software.. maybe u are lucky and that was a project from the open source community.. so u take a look at the code..

yalla good luck 
hope it works

Board footer