LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 25 2005

samer
Admin

Google Talk

yep it's here!

After days of speculation, Google has officially launched Google Talk!
Google Talk enables you to call or send instant messages to your friends for free–anytime, anywhere in the world. Google Talk is simple and intuitive to use. There's no clutter, no pop-ups, no unnecessary software to install. Talk also features some interesting VoIP features like Skype. Google Talk uses the Jabber protocol however instant messaging members of other clients doesn’t appear to be supported.

There's no Linux or Mac client yet, but there are guides to connecting to the protocol on iChat, Gaim, and Trillian.

http://www.lebgeeks.com/tech-read-2-1124994760.html

#2 August 25 2005

mahdoum

Re: Google Talk

Been using it the day it came out  pretty cool but the voip didn't seem to work :S. I like the simplicity of the program.

#3 August 25 2005

mezin

some1 add me !!! i want to try it !

#4 August 25 2005

rolf

Way too simple. MSN has webcam, whiteboard, games, etc... skype has nice voice features and user search... but this thing, it has nothing but type or talk... it's like MSN five years ago.
Plus it doesnt even connect... dont ask me why...

#5 August 26 2005

mahdoum

what i like is the way a conversation is held, whereby if i keep typing it only puts down my nickname once, not like msn every msg has bala bla bla says

#6 March 19 2006

dancejam85

maybe most consumers prefer the simplicity

#7 March 19 2006

samer
Admin

exactly, .. it's beautiful by it's simplicity!

#8 April 14 2006

zis

I'm a bit late on the topic.. but the great thing about google talk is that it's using the jabber standard.. Which practically means anyone can write an im client and be compatible with gtalk.. putting an end to the im incompatibilites... an old dream..

Board footer