LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 22 2005

King Killer

BF2 Online gaming

Well, I'm sick of seing fucking pings from 300 to 1000, IM PRACTICLY DOING THE MOONWALK IN THE GAME! So i decided, screw terranet, what do you think I should choose for online gaming, cyberia or Idm? also i sawlynx providing interenet, should I get that for online gaming, Im definatly getting 512kb, also are there any BAttlefield servers in the middle east, I didnt spend 3 hours generating keys to play with lag ;)

Oh and also, can someone pm the serial for world online tv plz? I googled it no luck :(

#2 August 23 2005

darkstar

Re: BF2 Online gaming

i severly "doubt" u can play any fps from the middle east, if u are able to find a decent server with tolerable pings please let me know.. I've played warcraft 3 and dawn of war online with pings of 500-1200 ms,RTS games are more tolerable with high pings unlike FPS like BF2...

Btw if u want to play BF2 we could organise a date to play together at an internet cafe such as NEO or some other place...

#3 August 23 2005

rolf

My bro tried BF2 on idm, it looked playable, although not perfect.
IDM latencies are in the 250s while terranet are in the 600s.
I dont know about cyberia and others. If you have buddies with other connections you should try them too and decide - and tell us what happens!

BTW the switch between ISP is free. Just call your "dealer" and he'll do it for you.

I'll send you the serial.

#4 September 18 2005

King Killer

Well I realised somethin, Switching isp dont work... I switched and i got the same prob, high high latencys, i even reformatted to make sure no viruses or spyware was on my pc, no luck, I waited till 3 in the mornin thinking not alot of users are on IDM. NO LUCK! So I thought, You need a fast upload speed to send the "STUFF" to the server, and you need to have a fast download speed so the server can send the "STUFF" to your pc! So, whats the cheapest and fastest upload/download speed I can find? Do they sell 128kbdownload with a high uupload speed? Like lets say 128kb upload

#5 September 18 2005

darkstar

I just wish if someone could open a business here in lebanon just for setting up dedicated servers , imagine a lebanese community of online gamers , would be awesome but too bad the pricing system is just damn high

#6 September 18 2005

mahdoum

actually if someone or a group of people had the money to get a dedicated server, I don't think you would have to charge that high a price because I know for a fact the lebanese gaming community is HUGE...

#7 September 21 2005

Padre

lol, i could provide free servers for leb ppl....but most probably they r all setted up in the US. I'll transform stros into servers for ur games, but those can go up and donw quick.
OR i can get u a really decent and FAST server for 40$ a month, a price that we all can devide (this one is legal )

#8 September 21 2005

mahdoum

interesting prices dude thats very cheap :S i pay $50 for freakin 128 broadband and i'm hating every second of it

#9 September 21 2005

rolf

OR i can get u a really decent and FAST server for 40$ a month, a price that we all can devide (this one is legal )

It wont resolve the problem of latency, we'll need to have dedicated servers connected to the lebanese backbone for that.

But $40 is cheap! I'm interested... last time I was checking the dedicated servers it was like 90 a month. Can you give me more details?

#10 September 22 2005

rolf

Padre do you have any idea how to get a cheap dedicated server in lebanon that is connected to the national backbone?

#11 September 22 2005

Padre

Hum.... i was never interested in that ....
i'll check up, but i'm sure it's NOT gonna be cheap  unless we just own one ... and that is easy

#12 September 22 2005

rolf

Hum.... i was never interested in that ....
i'll check up, but i'm sure it's NOT gonna be cheap  unless we just own one ... and that is easy

Thanks man.. dont want to do anything illegal, if that's what you're thinking ;)

#13 September 22 2005

Padre

i just payed for a VPS, gonna see the latency from different ISP in leb and see if a game server is doable, if it is i can host u a game server, but that's gonna compromise the business  so if it is u can have a trial perios of a week or 2 (i'll install the server soft ...) and then u'll have to decide how to pay for it. IT is costing round 50 per month. (the 40 offers are sold out ). Gonna report the test as soon as i can.

#14 September 22 2005

darkstar

Wow i cant beleive this project is starting to evolve !

#15 September 25 2005

rolf

i just payed for a VPS, gonna see the latency from different ISP in leb and see if a game server is doable, if it is i can host u a game server, but that's gonna compromise the business  so if it is u can have a trial perios of a week or 2 (i'll install the server soft ...) and then u'll have to decide how to pay for it. IT is costing round 50 per month. (the 40 offers are sold out ). Gonna report the test as soon as i can.

I need a server to tunnel my internet traffic with the aim of bypassing gds session limitation. So basically I need to install some tunneling server software, maybe openVPN or something else, depending on the performance. And I'll also need some of your bandwidth, on average not more then 10GB per month. Most probably just a couple of GB/month.

Of course I'm ready to pay, but not the full price of a dedicated server, since I'm just using an almost negligible portion of the server's capacity. You can do whatever you want with the server as long as you keep my server software running and online.

#16 September 25 2005

Padre

dont u think uve posted under the wrong topic?
i'll see what i can do. But i still didn't get y do u need to bypass the 10 session limitation ? to use p2p soft ?

#17 September 25 2005

darkstar

what sort of bandwidth does the server support? I just hope we get a low latency cause games like bf2 and other FPS games are extremly dependant on latency and btw if this project works we should  set the server up for other games

#18 September 27 2005

rolf

dont u think uve posted under the wrong topic?
i'll see what i can do. But i still didn't get y do u need to bypass the 10 session limitation ? to use p2p soft ?

Yeah to use p2p software like bittorrent.
With the session limitation you can hardly get bittorrent to work on 1 PC, and I want to connect 4 PCs to the internet.

#19 September 27 2005

Padre

i dont think this is possible....
i've only heard of a tunnel that tunnels multiple ports over one, but failed to see it yet
if u do find one, i'm sure i can add it to my server if ur usage is limited

#20 September 28 2005

karim soubra

well today i was lucky enough to play bf2 online but the ping was so high that i had to quit cold
that was a completly waste of time (2 days trying serials and what not)

#21 September 29 2005

darkstar

I tried that since it was released ...but ofcourse with no luck in getting good pings

#22 September 29 2005

rolf

i dont think this is possible....
i've only heard of a tunnel that tunnels multiple ports over one, but failed to see it yet
if u do find one, i'm sure i can add it to my server if ur usage is limited

You can use OpenVpn to create a VPN over an HTTP proxy or a single TCP connection.
http://openvpn.net/

I also know of another tunnel software that can multiplex but it's kind of experimental.
http://htun.runslinux.net/

OpenVpn is the best option. If you want I can read the documentation and assist you with the configuration, nat that you can't do it yourself, but just to spare you work ;)

Would you like my MSN address so we can continue our conversation?

Thanks again, btw :)

#23 October 1 2005

Padre

Ok server is UP
IP:209.152.164.113
Port: 16567

it's a dedicated server with a fukin fast connection (4MB/sec)
try it and let me know if it's playable or not.

#24 October 2 2005

darkstar

What version of bf2 are u running on the server? PLease let it be 1.0 , thanks!

#25 October 2 2005

Padre

Battlefield II Dedicated Server v1.0.2442.0(IA-32)

If you want to test the server, do that quick.... if we paid for the server it isn't for just letting it be a game server  we need to use it guys

Board footer