LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon

You are not logged in.

#1 May 16

VipModz

Should I switch from IDM to Ogero?

Hello everyone,

My parents own a small apartment in the mountains next to the central, according to Ogero Speed Test:
the potentially attainable speed is 23Mbps

Last summer I was subscribed to IDM unlimited 8Mbps but the actual speed I received was 3Mbps, for 3 months IDM kept blaming the slow speed on the line and didn't bother do anything

I initially went with IDM instead of Ogero because they offered a free modem which later I found out that it doesn't even support setting up a Guest Network

Switching from IDM to Ogero I would lose the 1000GB FUP, ability to pay by USD and recharging pause up to 3 months

But it would be worth it if I can guarantee that Ogero Open Speed can reach at least 15Mbps without directly connecting the copper line to the modem

What should I do? your feedback is highly appreciated

#2 May 17

Space

Re: Should I switch from IDM to Ogero?

Can you provide the DSL stats?

#3 May 17

VipModz

Space wrote:

Hello Space, hope you're doing well

Do you mean the Data Rate and Max Rate? I only live there in the summer and I will be visiting on Sunday to check

My friend recommended me to stay with IDM but switch to 220GB OpenSpeed plan and change the modem to TPLink Archer VR300 AC1200

But I guess what actually matters is checking the stats before doing anything else

Last edited by VipModz (May 17)

#4 May 19

GeorgeN

You can't go near IDM/Cyberia's unlimited plans. They are capped on speed even before you use the internet and if you download a lot in a single day it gets much worse. I think Ogero's unlimited plans are better but for IDM you will always have to get the open speed plans.

#5 May 19

VipModz

GeorgeN wrote:

You can't go near IDM/Cyberia's unlimited plans. They are capped on speed even before you use the internet and if you download a lot in a single day it gets much worse. I think Ogero's unlimited plans are better but for IDM you will always have to get the open speed plans.

On the IDM app they say unlimited /1000GB, I thought they meant that they cap the speed at 1000GB unlike Ogero which cap at 400GB for the same plan, I guess if someone reaches 1000GB the internet would stop?

Space wrote:

At first the downstream was 2.7 Mbps

2.7 Mbps

I contacted IDM support

chat

They told me to remove the phone splitter, the downstream became 4 Mbps

4 Mbps

but it's still far from 20 Mbps

Board footer