LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 7 2021

infiniteloop

Who's adventuring on the roads from Beirut to the mountains?

Anyone could drive from Beirut to the mountains and back without problems with the ''daraks'' ? and if a roadblock was there, which kind of permission did you show?
I am planning to go hiking alone at Faraya, without passing by any shop, so zero contact with anyone, but which road should I take and which permission to use? Or I just forget about it for the 2 coming weeks?

#2 February 8 2021

john

Re: Who's adventuring on the roads from Beirut to the mountains?

Don't think there is a "legal" way to do it.
I asked for a permission to go check on the "dayaa" house & garden, and to harvest some stuff from the garden and they refused.
Its unfair when you play by the rules and the others are not.

#3 February 8 2021

arached

Most people are trying to scam the system by selecting the hospital option and to go wherever they want. But after the lebanese like always flooded the system with their scams, new regulation are now made to make sure that you're taking the permission for the needed reason. I don't know how will they handle the hospital option, but for the supermarket for example you now have to scan your barcode at the supermaket to notify them that you really went there.

I hope more regulation are made to stop these joke as people are now going out and in groups more than before while we are here still playing by the rule in hope that this period pass with the least damage.

#4 February 8 2021

tmash2

-

Last edited by tmash2 (February 21 2021)

#5 February 8 2021

arached

tmash2 wrote:

Lockdowns should be full and only for 2 weeks to cut off the peak.
The current partial lockdown has doubled carpooling...

That's our issue here, we're not implementing a full lockdown to begin with. The first 2 weeks it was the mefrid mejwiz system which increased the carpooling while everyone kept going out and after that it was the permissions system which everyone took advantage of it and use it to go out. Both system failed miserable and it shows in the number as they remain the same as the beginning of the lockdown even after a full month. We need to enforce the laws and have strict actions against anyone who violated and take advantage of the system.

#6 February 8 2021

tricky

if they dont close the airport, this is just a waste of time and wishful thinking... and they are just gona lower the numbers a little but it keep on going... the odd/even is the most stupid solution i have heard in my life and i have lived a good amount.

#7 February 9 2021

beezer

Even if you did it legally, it all depends on the jack ass who's checking your paperwork. I work at a beverage manufacturer and have an ID from the stupid ministry of industry with my picture on it, and am exempt from the lockdown. Haven't had any problems but once this jack ass drilled me for a good 5 minutes trying to find anything to give me a ticket. He asked for my ID, asked for proof of employment, asked what my phone number was, where I lived, where I was going (it was 8AM and you could see the factory from the checkpoint), then again asked me for my phone number and to prove I lived where I said I lived. I was calm until he said "layli min shoof wayn saken"
That's when I started yelling asking if he's threatening me and told him not to wait until night time, let's go right now. (The confidence a dash cam gives you).
When I started getting loud he told me to go on. Piece of shit.

So to answer your question. Fuck the system. I get stopped and they say "3indak tisrii7" and when I say "eh" they just wave me on. That's IF they stop me.

Last edited by beezer (February 9 2021)

#8 February 10 2021

Salloum

tricky wrote:

if they dont close the airport, this is just a waste of time and wishful thinking... and they are just gona lower the numbers a little but it keep on going... the odd/even is the most stupid solution i have heard in my life and i have lived a good amount.

The airport has nothing to do with the spread of Covid in Lebanon. It doesn't even account for 2% of the cases. The reason for this disaster are the morons that live in Lebanon.

#9 February 10 2021

rolf

I heard that there are occasional roadblocks and even saw one. I'm not sure which area you mean by mountains. I drove up Hazmieh to Bhamdoun on the Damascus road and saw no roadblock. I had an approval for (imaginary) "funeral formalities" which you can use for 8 hours. Anyway I don't think these restrictions are in place anymore now.

I think it's OK to cheat once or twice especially for a good reason which is not covered by the system.

There are worse ways to spread Covid then driving around.

I mostly stay at home these times because I know that the Covid situation is bad, not because I am afraid.

Last edited by rolf (February 10 2021)

#10 February 10 2021

infiniteloop

The problem is that whole regions are outside the Law and they didn't close a single day their shops or even coffees

#11 February 11 2021

xazbrat

The new setup is so restrictive now that I only use for places that require it (supermarkets, banks, etc) and scan you in and out.  If I run into a roadblock, I can use the time stuck in traffic to fill out the form and go from there.  They went from being too loose to too restrictive which will probably make more people NOT use the app----honestly, the person(s) responsible for the forms are not 'ordinary' citizens---either in the army or very privileged.  Makes little or no sense.

#12 February 11 2021

arached

Yesterday I've filled a request to go to the supermarket and they didn't even take my number, just my name. I don't know how will they be able to link this request to me and I bet a lot of people gonna take advantage of this.

#13 February 11 2021

nuclearcat

arached wrote:

Yesterday I've filled a request to go to the supermarket and they didn't even take my number, just my name. I don't know how will they be able to link this request to me and I bet a lot of people gonna take advantage of this.

They simply use bureaucratic routines to reduce the number of people hanging around and boring roaming the supermarkets.
Nothing else really works

#14 February 11 2021

infiniteloop

I used it yesterday for supermarket, I thought we would be like max 10 customers, but to my surprise there was more people  than it should, like 80

#15 February 13 2021

rolf

This system enables the Government to modulate the volume of commute by approving or denying requests either randomly or according to criteria.

Last edited by rolf (February 13 2021)

Board footer