LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 February 9

AvoK95
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

honestly i am avoiding pc and parts.
I found other better dealers.

Just a question regarding AmD I've been reading that it has problems when non 3200mhz ram is used?
Also people report lower core speeds
Anybody who is running ryzen 3000s can enlighten us?

Just because a person on the internet faced a problem with a product doesn't mean you'll have that problem.

The problem that person is facing is from using a weird Biostar motherboard. Which he resolved by resetting his BIOS, meaning the CPU was irrelevant to his problem.

Offline

#52 February 10

DNA
Member

Re: First custom pc

nosense wrote:
DNA wrote:

legally if you pay is usd vat should be at 1500 i wonder what decision are they talking about there is no such thing. if you pay LBP then yea you will pay vat at market rate

there is such a thing

https://ibb.co/ZJfMhkH

That is an illegal decision based on the governments rate, what a shit country we live in

Offline

#53 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

Guys quick question!
I bought a case wwhich comes with 2 fans.
The back fan has a 3pin connector, from which emerges a second connector (molex).
The front fan only has a molex connector and no 3 pin.
My psu has a molex cable but i intend not to use it.
Can i plug the back fan 3 pin in the mobo and daisy chain its molex connector with the front fans molex connector to power the front fan?

Last edited by NuclearVision (last month)

Offline

#54 last month

bobo619
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

Guys quick question!
I bought a case wwhich comes with 2 fans.
The back fan has a 3pin connector, from which emerges a second connector (molex).
The front fan only has a molex connector and no 3 pin.
My psu has a molex cable but i intend not to use it.
Can i plug the back fan 3 pin in the mobo and daisy chain its molex connector with the front fans molex connector to power the front fan?

3pin means they are DC fans and not pcm your m/b should have a header for those and many cases now has a fan hub as for daisy chaining molex it should work as molex only supply power.

Offline

#55 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

what do you mean by case header?
I am confused.
The fans are not identical, one has a 3pin connector And a molex connector ( emerging from the first 3 pin connector).
And the other only has the molex connector (no 3 pin).
I don't know wether i should power them using a molex psu output
Or could i power the first one using 3 pin and power the second one by daisy chaining it to the first one molex connector (no molex psu needed)

Last edited by NuclearVision (last month)

Offline

#56 last month

AvoK95
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

Guys quick question!
I bought a case wwhich comes with 2 fans.
The back fan has a 3pin connector, from which emerges a second connector (molex).
The front fan only has a molex connector and no 3 pin.
My psu has a molex cable but i intend not to use it.
Can i plug the back fan 3 pin in the mobo and daisy chain its molex connector with the front fans molex connector to power the front fan?

Yes you can, it will work in the same speed as the 3pin fan.

what I think bobo619 was referring to is some fans are 3 pin while others are 4 pin, 4 pin fans are PWM fans meaning the power is sent in pulses. PWM fans are better for more sensitivity control over the RPMs and better suited for CPU and GPU fans most of the time.

DC fans just change the voltage in order to change fan speed and are not as sensitive as PWM. For example, a PWM fan possibly be made to run at 1431RPM exactly as the PWM is more manipulative that way, while a DC fan can run at 500 1000 1100 1200 etc etc. So it's more of an interval type.

Back to your question, yes you can plug your molex to the 3pin fan and have them both work together, it's fine.

Offline

#57 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

thanks

Offline

#58 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

Are ups supposed to make buzzing sound when on  battery?
I've had this ups for a week and it started makimg this buzzing sound when electricity goes off.
I've done some googling and it says its ok, wanted your opinion.
Mine is a prolink interactive ups.

Offline

#59 last month

Flakk
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

Are ups supposed to make buzzing sound when on  battery?
I've had this ups for a week and it started makimg this buzzing sound when electricity goes off.
I've done some googling and it says its ok, wanted your opinion.
Mine is a prolink interactive ups.

Yeah that's completely normal, don't worry about it.

Offline

#60 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

Okayyy.
Thank you flakkk!

Offline

#61 last month

kareem_nasser
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

Are ups supposed to make buzzing sound when on  battery?
I've had this ups for a week and it started makimg this buzzing sound when electricity goes off.
I've done some googling and it says its ok, wanted your opinion.
Mine is a prolink interactive ups.

buzzing and fan turning on when on battery is normal. This also is the case if EDL provided electricity weakens for some reason.

By the way, consider undervolting your CPU.

Offline

#62 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

Why do you suggest undervolting ?
In fact i was just reading about this 2 hours ago....
today i was messing with HwInfo
It seemed to me that every time my 3600x is turbo boosting from 3700 to 4200 the voltage is 1.4v
I read about it online and the opinions are pretty mixed.
It seems that the cpu is turboboosting even when idle (not doing demanding things) every 1 second or so, the outcome is more than 50% of the time on 1.4v
I tried changing the powerplan to windows balance (current is ryzen balanced) and voltage did drop, but my cpu clock became fluctuating between 2200 and 4200 which is not optimal? Voltage dropped to 0.9 to 1.4 ( with ryzen balanced min was 1.025v)
I decided, 2 hours ago, to let it at ryzen balanced, I am no expert and it seems that it was designed this way, but i hope this won't damage the cpu..
Your advice is appreciated.

Offline

#63 last month

Kazouza
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

Why do you suggest undervolting ?
In fact i was just reading about this 2 hours ago....
today i was messing with HwInfo
It seemed to me that every time my 3600x is turbo boosting from 3700 to 4200 the voltage is 1.4v
I read about it online and the opinions are pretty mixed.
It seems that the cpu is turboboosting even when idle (not doing demanding things) every 1 second or so, the outcome is more than 50% of the time on 1.4v
I tried changing the powerplan to windows balance (current is ryzen balanced) and voltage did drop, but my cpu clock became fluctuating between 2200 and 4200 which is not optimal? Voltage dropped to 0.9 to 1.4 ( with ryzen balanced min was 1.025v)
I decided, 2 hours ago, to let it at ryzen balanced, I am no expert and it seems that it was designed this way, but i hope this won't damage the cpu..
Your advice is appreciated.

The same thing happens on my 2700x, I'm just keeping it on windows balanced since it does the job.

Offline

#64 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

yes but it doesnt under clock?
i mean it could reach 2000mhz..
Would this 1.4v consistent voltage damage the processor?

Offline

#65 last month

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

reddit wrote:

The CPU is working as intended. When you check to see it at 1.4v, does it consume 90-100w of power? I assume not, because it's still idling. Ryzen shifts voltage and power hundred/thousand times a second. Let the CPU do its thing

TDP is a measure of the amount of energy the cooling system of the CPU is designed to dissipate. Is you're running a full Prime95 with heavy AVX, it will pull more than 65w of power.

If everything is at stock, the CPU will easily outlast your own lifespan in this world. There's been immense changes to CPU architecture in the last 6 years. When you read 1.45v on your monitoring system, it's for maybe one millisecond. Monitoring software cannot detect the context for these rapid switches in voltage, so it will show 1.45v as max, even if it's only for a millisecond. But you see '1.45v, holy shit!' Your 4770 was much more 'dumb', than current CPU architectures. It had a stock voltage, and then a voltage for a turbo boost that it could maintain. This is simplified of course, but Zen has so many more 'states' for the CPU to be in, that just looking at monitoring software, seeing 1.45v and thinking the CPU is faulty is a very wrong way to look at it.

Here is a redditor contribution on an old thread.
I frankly believe that this is a feature by design, and people are just looking at values out of context, would they really sell a product that misbehaves at stock settings??
I did the same to be honest, i googled voltage, found that 1.4v is high and panicked. It could be that the processor is designed to work as such... Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm new to this field.

Last edited by NuclearVision (last month)

Offline

#66 last month

kareem_nasser
Member

Re: First custom pc

In my case i did it on a laptop and noticed more consistent frequency boosts.

You need to test your configuration and in general the max issue you will go through if you undervolt is freezing (under load) and the pc should restart back to normal. I did say consider it because it varies a lot even within the same series, something called silicon lottery is at play here.

Offline

#67 4 weeks ago

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

hey guys, as a continuation to this post, I made a mistake and didn't buy a graphics card at the time of buying my pc, I waited, but things got just worse, pretty much got to a dead end, being the picky person i am, buying stuff from olx during the mining craze is a nono.

My budget is 300$, initially it was 200, but halas

The only options i could find are the following, I appreciate if you help me choose. As i said, i won't be playing ultra games anytime soon, but i may involved in that in the future so i'd rather buy a good card now.

1-rx570 4gb 200 usd
2-1650 4gb for 250 usd afox....
3-rx5500xt 4gb for 300 usd.

I am leaning towards 5500xt but at 100$ less 570 seems to be the better option.
Any card with '60' as 2 last digits is being sold at 500$, so out of question.
I don't want to spend on a slow card ie 1050 which is not cheap by the way, and then trash it to upgrade.
Another options is waiting, but wait for what? the prices are just going up, i could buy the 1650 for 150dollars 2 months ago

edit: i was considering shipping one from abroad using shopandship, but apparently our prices are more reasonable XDD

Last edited by NuclearVision (4 weeks ago)

Offline

#68 4 weeks ago

RandomMemory
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

hey guys, as a continuation to this post, I made a mistake and didn't buy a graphics card at the time of buying my pc, I waited, but things got just worse, pretty much got to a dead end, being the picky person i am, buying stuff from olx during the mining craze is a nono.

My budget is 300$, initially it was 200, but halas

The only options i could find are the following, I appreciate if you help me choose. As i said, i won't be playing ultra games anytime soon, but i may involved in that in the future so i'd rather buy a good card now.

1-rx570 4gb 200 usd
2-1650 4gb for 250 usd afox....
3-rx5500xt 4gb for 300 usd.

I am leaning towards 5500xt but at 100$ less 570 seems to be the better option.
Any card with '60' as 2 last digits is being sold at 500$, so out of question.
I don't want to spend on a slow card ie 1050 which is not cheap by the way, and then trash it to upgrade.
Another options is waiting, but wait for what? the prices are just going up, i could buy the 1650 for 150dollars 2 months ago

edit: i was considering shipping one from abroad using shopandship, but apparently our prices are more reasonable XDD

I have a used 1060 3g if you're interested

Offline

#69 4 weeks ago

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

the 570 seems to have way better value.
But i'm guessing it will be obsolete very soon.

What would you guys choose?
other suugestions in the price range are also welcome !

thanks everyone!

Offline

#70 2 weeks ago

NuclearVision
Member

Re: First custom pc

Hey guys!
I installed a new gpu in my system
Whenever i turn thr system on, a fan ( i dont know which) turn super fast with a big noise for 1 second when pc is powered on.

Is this normal?

Offline

#71 2 weeks ago

AvoK95
Member

Re: First custom pc

NuclearVision wrote:

Hey guys!
I installed a new gpu in my system
Whenever i turn thr system on, a fan ( i dont know which) turn super fast with a big noise for 1 second when pc is powered on.

Is this normal?

Some cards have a feature that makes the fans turn the opposite side full blast to prevent any dust to get stuck inside the heatsink. It's probably that

Offline

Board footer