LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 28 2020

infiniteloop

Lebgeeks Dark mode

Hello
Please Lebgeeks admins can you give us a Dark/night mode for the forum?
It's kinda too white at night, it would be great to give us an option to invert the colors to a black background

#2 August 28 2020

xazbrat

Re: Lebgeeks Dark mode

I second this, but I do this sort of ---there is an extension called Dark Reader and it makes the web pages have a dark background and works mostly well on Firefox and chrome.  It does the job but haven't tried to use it or if it works on a phone.

#3 August 28 2020

Adnan

There is already a dark mode.

Go to Profile > Display > Styles and choose Mercury or Cobalt

Last edited by Adnan (August 28 2020)

#4 August 28 2020

rolf

You can change the skin indeed however the whole look changes.

I had a look at the CSS for Lebgeeks. It's about 2000 lines long and the word "color" is referenced 60 times. It should be doable to just change colours into a dark theme, keeping everything else the same. It should take less than 2 hours.

If one wants to mess with the CSS, it would be worth looking into making the theme responsive.

What does Samer think about it, and would he be willing to add user-submitted themes?

#5 August 28 2020

samer
Admin

As Adnan mentioned, there are two dark themes already being provided. If someone from the community can create a convincing dark variant of the LebGeeks theme that gets automatically toggled through the prefers-color-scheme media query, that would be a great contribution.

#6 August 28 2020

VincentKeyboard

Oxygen theme seems to be a good compromise between dark and light.

Board footer