LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 16 2020

Geoleb

PC store that accepts USD check payments?

Hello,

The architecture firm that I work at is looking to purchase a new rendering desktop for our work.

The specs are something like the Render build section from pcandparts (https://pcandparts.com/custom-built-com … n-lebanon/) with cost around 3000 usd. I contacted pcandparts and they said they only accept cash payments.

Do you know of any store that offers similar deals and accepts usd check payments? With delivery to Tripoli-North.

Thank you.

#2 June 16 2020

wollyka

Re: PC store that accepts USD check payments?

Sorry i can't help you with that. But if you find one, then probably you will pay much higher by using checks.
e.g. the price won't be 3000 USD. It will be around 7,900 USD (3000 USD x 4000 LL / 1515).
Traders consider USD checks as Lira.

Last edited by wollyka (June 16 2020)

#3 June 16 2020

chosen2k

wollyka wrote:

Sorry i can't help you with that. But if you find one, then probably you will pay much higher by using checks.
e.g. the price won't be 3000 USD. It will be around 7,900 USD (3000 USD x 4000 LL / 1515).

It doesn't make sense considering they can now withdraw the money at 3000 l.l rate from the bank.

#4 June 16 2020

jsaade

chosen2k wrote:
wollyka wrote:

It doesn't make sense considering they can now withdraw the money at 3000 l.l rate from the bank.

They can withdraw LBP but would need to pay USD to their supplier abroad, so you are asking them to lose 1000LL in every USD.

#5 June 16 2020

potato

#6 June 16 2020

wollyka

chosen2k wrote:
wollyka wrote:

In addition, they can only withdraw a certain amount (small amount) at 3,000 LL and the other at 1500, so they are loosing more.

#7 June 16 2020

Aly

I doubt you will find any, because a 3000$ cheque is barely worth 1500$ in cash nowadays, no business is willing to loose of course ...

#8 June 17 2020

Geoleb

More than double difference! Will ask the boss if he's willing to up his budget then.
Thank you all!

#9 June 17 2020

Geoleb

Thank you will check it!

Board footer