LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 November 8 2019

AVOlio

Re: 17th of October Lebanon Revolution

rolf wrote:
xerxes wrote:
rolf wrote:

I disagree.
Besides this sounds like vague fear to me, I am not convinced.

what is vague fear?

It means fear without a clearly defined object.
You say the worst is coming, but what exactly would that be?

-It will be the continuity of all the corrupt politicians taking their places again and screwing the country on a bigger scale. Since the people didn't stop them the first millionth times, no one can stop them for the millionth and one time.
-It will be the Physical Threats and security and welfare of all the people who revolted against the militias and their za3im. And when indeed the revolution fails, those militias and za3ims will not forget those people who revolted, you can conclude the end result.

Someone else continue the list for me.

#52 November 8 2019

Joe

Without concrete demands and actual Lebanese unity, it's safer for the protests to stop (momentarily) and roads to open, than to continue a blindly chaotic movement of obstruction. Over time, the movement would've lost sympathy from the masses, and political parties would've taken it over and turned it back to a sectarian struggle.

We're in a much better position now that we got the resignation of the government, pressured the president to come up with a new solution, and started multiple constructive (and not destructive/obstructive) efforts to solve the solution.

Unfortunately the solutions to the Lebanese problem won't happen overnight, even with the best intentions and most competence in the world. It will take time. If we spend this whole time blocking and obstructing, we won't reach anything, quite the contrary, we'll be turned into the villains. People will need to be protected from us.

Let's wait for the new Prime Minister/Government to be appointed. If we don't like what we see, we'll block the street again. Most of us have nothing better to do anyway. If we had jobs and projects, we wouldn't be revolting to begin with.

#53 November 8 2019

rolf

Joe wrote:

Let's wait for the new Prime Minister/Government to be appointed. If we don't like what we see, we'll block the street again. Most of us have nothing better to do anyway. If we had jobs and projects, we wouldn't be revolting to begin with.

This has been my opinion as well. Use our power wisely!

However sadly it seems that the Lebanese population lacks self-confidence as a force capable of defending its interests and securing it's own future. Fear is pushing people into an all-or-nothing struggle.

#54 November 8 2019

rolf

AVOlio wrote:

-It will be the continuity of all the corrupt politicians taking their places again and screwing the country on a bigger scale. Since the people didn't stop them the first millionth times, no one can stop them for the millionth and one time.
-It will be the Physical Threats and security and welfare of all the people who revolted against the militias and their za3im. And when indeed the revolution fails, those militias and za3ims will not forget those people who revolted, you can conclude the end result.

Someone else continue the list for me.

There is no need to be afraid, as long as we remember how many persons descended and protested and said 'no' and 'enough', and we will do it again if we have to.

Last edited by rolf (November 8 2019)

Board footer