LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 31 2019

ghattas.akkad

WoW Classic Servers

Hello

Anyone playing wow classic on us servers ?
I am thinking on subscribing and re play the game
It would be good to be with a team

#2 August 31 2019

Kazouza

Re: WoW Classic Servers

I am currently playing on EU servers, on Mograine. I don't like the time difference and ping on US servers

#3 September 10 2019

ghattas.akkad

its costly to move to EU I have my main on US and can recharge tokens! its good though the classic servers are fun

#4 September 13 2019

vengeance666

EU Ashbringer here with my friends (Horde)

#5 October 11 2019

LucciTM

EU Skullflame Alliance

#6 October 12 2019

xterm

EU - Skullfame - Horde

#7 October 23 2019

Padre

xterm! you're back to playing wow ^.^
Same on Gandling

#8 June 20 2020

DG

Anyone  ever had a problem when trying to renew their subscription?

I previously successfully used this same card to buy a 3 months sub for Wow Classic. Now, when I try to do that... I get this error: "Please wait while we take care of some business. 500: Internal Server Error. Whoops! Something went wrong. Please try again later."

My visa card is still valid and has more than the required amount.

#9 June 20 2020

Hybrid

I renewed 2 days ago for 1 month, no problem whatsoever

#10 June 21 2020

Flakk

DG wrote:

Anyone  ever had a problem when trying to renew their subscription?

I previously successfully used this same card to buy a 3 months sub for Wow Classic. Now, when I try to do that... I get this error: "Please wait while we take care of some business. 500: Internal Server Error. Whoops! Something went wrong. Please try again later."

My visa card is still valid and has more than the required amount.

Try renewing through the battlenet website not the launcher.

#11 June 21 2020

vengeance666

Are you guys able to renew from LBP credit cards without issues? And to what rate? OMT cards are more expensive than a house loan these days.

#12 June 21 2020

Hybrid

vengeance666 wrote:

Are you guys able to renew from LBP credit cards without issues? And to what rate? OMT cards are more expensive than a house loan these days.

If netflix and aliexpress are working, I don't see why wow wouldn't. Usually the rate is ~1520 for Bank audi

#13 June 22 2020

DG

I just hung up with Banque Libano Francaise (that's where my internet card was issued). They clearly explained to me that the administration took a final decision to block/stop ALL payments related to Blizzard Entertainment.

I am assuming they did this because it has a lot of subscribers which is forcing the bank to send dollars abroad (which is something they do not want as all banks are trying to hold on to every dollar they got).

Does anyone know how on earth I can pay for my WoW subscription from Lebanon ? Any banks that accept to issue a new internet card and/or is not blocking Blizzard Entertainment ?

#14 June 22 2020

vengeance666

DG wrote:

I just hung up with Banque Libano Francaise (that's where my internet card was issued). They clearly explained to me that the administration took a final decision to block/stop ALL payments related to Blizzard Entertainment.

I am assuming they did this because it has a lot of subscribers which is forcing the bank to send dollars abroad (which is something they do not want as all banks are trying to hold on to every dollar they got).

Does anyone know how on earth I can pay for my WoW subscription from Lebanon ? Any banks that accept to issue a new internet card and/or is not blocking Blizzard Entertainment ?

You have to buy battle.net cards from OMT. But of course you won't be paying on 1515. It's probably around 3800 per USD. Private servers are our future honestly. I can no way afford to pay 50.000 LBP for a WoW sub every month.

#15 June 22 2020

DG

Do all OMT branches in Lebanon sell Battle.net cards ? And what exactly are those Battle.net cards ?

#16 June 22 2020

vengeance666

DG wrote:

Do all OMT branches in Lebanon sell Battle.net cards ? And what exactly are those Battle.net cards ?

Yea all of them. They are like steam cards, google play cards. It comes with a predetermined amount in it (20$, 50$, 100$ etc). You add it to your battle.net balance and then can use the balance you added to buy anything available in blizzard store (gametime, expansions, store mounts etc).

#17 June 22 2020

DG

Well glad to know there's a way at least ! I will keep this thread free of cursing and big words as I never believed my bank would block WoW transactions as long as I was providing them with fresh money.
Even PCandParts is not selling any game time code anymore.

**Edit: Just called OMT who said they are not selling any WoW game time cards right now.

Any other way to get Blizzard Balance to be able to both buy the new expansion and/or buy game time ?

Last edited by DG (June 22 2020)

#18 June 22 2020

vengeance666

DG wrote:

Well glad to know there's a way at least ! I will keep this thread free of cursing and big words as I never believed my bank would block WoW transactions as long as I was providing them with fresh money.
Even PCandParts is not selling any game time code anymore.

**Edit: Just called OMT who said they are not selling any WoW game time cards right now.

Any other way to get Blizzard Balance to be able to both buy the new expansion and/or buy game time ?

Sadly no. Your only way is to farm ingame gold and buy tokens. You can also buy the expansion with gold. That's what my friends playing retail did. I heard some banks are still allowing payments with a monthly limit around 50$. My friend is still paying for netflix on Bank Audi debit card, and my other friend still paying for netflix from a fransabank card. Credit Libanais for example has blocked it. Try to find some people with different banks than yours, try to buy from their cards the most you can and pay them up. Use that time you got to farm gold like a madman in game to buy alot of gametime upfront from tokens and keep doing that every time your subscription is close to end. Because eventually, all banks are going to block it and for whoever who don't have a running sub to farm gold, they are screwed and will be forced to play private servers if they wanna keep playing WoW.

#19 June 22 2020

samer
Admin

Your only way is to farm ingame gold and buy tokens.

That's what people do in Venezuela. Sadly it's not to be able to pay for WoW itself, but for them to make a couple of bucks to live on. Here's an article about it on The Economist: http://archive.is/YW3Ql

#20 June 22 2020

DG

I never thought the situation in Lebanon would get to such a low point.
I mean why would the bank block Blizzard Entertainment if I am providing them with fresh money to refill my internet card ?

#21 June 22 2020

Aly

DG wrote:

I never thought the situation in Lebanon would get to such a low point.
I mean why would the bank block Blizzard Entertainment if I am providing them with fresh money to refill my internet card ?

Probably it is the opposite, Blizzard blocking a Lebanese bank as our banks reputation is garbage now, but they wont tell you that and claim they blocked Blizzard.

#22 June 22 2020

NuclearVision

DG pm me, i may be able to help you if its small amounts. ( for a small fee )

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 22 2020)

#23 June 22 2020

Hybrid

If you have fresh money, just give it to someone with a USD card and let them buy it for you

#24 November 6 2022

ghattas.akkad

Been a while since I was here , I am playing on public servers
Warmane and wow freakz
I do not see it worth paying for anymore

Board footer