LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 2 2019

AVOlio

Zomato Gold

Hello
Does anyone here use, or thought about using zomato gold?

For the people who are indeed using the service, can you share your experience?

Thank you.

#2 August 2 2019

Johnaudi

Re: Zomato Gold

Definitely buy, one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Saved up over 300,000L.L so far haha.

#3 August 2 2019

AVOlio

Johnaudi wrote:

Definitely buy, one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Saved up over 300,000L.L so far haha.

Hmmm, don't temp me bro.

Can you kindly explain the terms of the 1+1 food? (not really a drinker).
And how was your experience in the restaurants you dined in so far regarding the offer?

#4 August 2 2019

Johnaudi

I usually use it at Urbanista, Divvy Mar Mikhael and Chopsticks! You and your friend grab a meal each, the second most expensive meal is free! (I advise you pick similarly priced items hence saving 50%)
For example, I order a 24,000 meal, he orders a 22,000 meal; he gets his for free, so the receipt is 24,000; each pays 12,000 + tips :)

Note that one time I was going to Tripoli and was invited at a random restaurant there, turns out they had gold so we got around 30,000 off!

Extra Note: some meals do not apply for zomato, so make sure you ask your waiter for details.

Last edited by Johnaudi (August 2 2019)

#5 August 3 2019

TheIlluminative

Is there a list of restaurants? And I searched and it's only around $30, that's the one you guys talking about? Never tried Zomato in my life before.

#6 August 3 2019

Jerome

Yeah the list can be found on the app. It just doesn't work on "shareable" meals like sushi combo or appetizer combo.

#7 August 3 2019

AVOlio

Jerome wrote:

Yeah the list can be found on the app. It just doesn't work on "shareable" meals like sushi combo or appetizer combo.

I talked with zomato support, they said everything on their menu, a la carte, is valid in the offer.
Excluded from the offer are special menus, like meals/ combos, special offers made by the restaurant for limited time etc...

Regarding sushi places, they have those big platters of sushi containing like 100 pieces or something like that, will the offer be valid on those?
Zomato support said that there is no cap on the price of the platters when it comes to the offer.

Plus, I have another question,
When we go for dine in, do we have to be at least 2 people?
Or one would be enough to be eligible for the offer?

#8 August 3 2019

TheIlluminative

AVOlio wrote:

Plus, I have another question,
When we go for dine in, do we have to be at least 2 people?
Or one would be enough to be eligible for the offer?

I can answer this, I read their FAQ and you need to be at least 2 person.

I'm reading reviews and some people enter the restaurants and the waiters tell them "Mashewe" is not included, etc...

So everytime we have to ask the waiters, what is included in the discount that we will get? It's a bit annoying everytime you need to eat in a different place.

#9 August 5 2019

MAS

i second John,
its a good investment especially if you go out regularly and like to explore new restaurants, or if your favorite restaurant is on Zomato Gold,
you can check : https://www.zomato.com/beirut/gold it contains an FAQ section, it will answer all questions you may have.

@TheIlluminative its better that you tell the waiter you have zomato gold before ordering, by that they will tell you in case any of the dishes you ordered is not included, usually the number of excluded dishes is so limited (mostly mixed mashewe and combos)

in case you want additional 20% discount than original price you can use Referral code: MISH3461 (i will benefit form an extra free month as well)

Board footer