LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 25 2019

VincentKeyboard

Silent/quiet mice.

Hello. Can anyone recommend any computer mice that don't make any sound? The ones I own have built in spring sheets under the left and right click mouse buttons and they tend to make a lot of sound (especially the Microsoft 1000 mouse).
Is there any such thing as a silent mouse to begin with? If so, where can I get one?

#2 March 25 2019

rolf

Re: Silent/quiet mice.

True I like MS mice because of their size and shape, but they are loud CLICK CLICK SCROLL. By the way the rubber scroll wheel gets very gunky, sticky, disgusting.

What about an external touchpad? One that does not click when you press on it. So you can tap, that should be quiet.

You can also get an Apple Magic Mouse which basically has a touchpad on the back, so you can tap instead of clicking, which is totally quiet.

Last edited by rolf (March 26 2019)

#3 March 26 2019

ironman

Logitech M330 Silent Plus

#4 March 26 2019

xazbrat

I have an inexpensive TnB wireless mouse I got from Malik's I think---I didn't realize until now how quiet it was until I was reading this thread.  It is a little small for my hands, but I have big hands, so it is almost a given I would have this issue.

#5 March 26 2019

VincentKeyboard

xazbrat. I had that TnB mouse. I sadly accidentally threw it away while cleaning last summer. I can easily say it was the best mouse I had ever used both in sound and durability. It lasted a whole year of heavy use.

#6 March 26 2019

rolf

VincentKeyboard wrote:

It lasted a whole year of heavy use.

"Heavy use"? What exactly do you do with your mice?

#7 March 26 2019

VincentKeyboard

Incessant clicking. I played a lot of solitaire and a first person shooter game. I believe the latter had the most impact though.

Board footer