LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 7 2017

Nizaryos

best dsl provider in lebanon for online gaming

hi

what is the best dsl provider in lebanon for online gaming like battlefield 4

Last edited by Nizaryos (December 7 2017)

#2 December 7 2017

vengeance666

Re: best dsl provider in lebanon for online gaming

Ogero hands down.

#3 December 7 2017

Nizaryos

vengeance666 wrote:

Ogero hands down.

anything but ogero   which you recommand i was told cyberia and sodetel are good

i think 4 Mb is good for me but the problem is the ping latency

#4 December 7 2017

dio

Ogero.

The reason it should be Ogero is due to the fact that you can actually turn off Interleaving with them, as opposed to other ISPs. I heard they dont let you do that.

#5 December 7 2017

Nizaryos

dio wrote:

Ogero.

The reason it should be Ogero is due to the fact that you can actually turn off Interleaving with them, as opposed to other ISPs. I heard they dont let you do that.

what is Interleaving and does it affect the ping

#6 December 7 2017

Nizaryos

the problem ogero has no limit once you get pass your fee you have to pay extra

#7 December 7 2017

dio

Interleaving cuts your ping by 30-40 ms at the cost of stability. If your line is stable, it should have no negative effect on it.

I play online with European servers at a ping of 63ms.

Quota can be managed, you can take the 200gb quota, try to manage it, but it's worth the gaming experience.

#8 December 7 2017

AVOlio

Ogero, nothing but Ogero.
Don't even consider other ISPs, especially Sodetel.
The person who recommended you of Sodetel is clueless.

You can learn to manage the quota, with a router with bandwidth control for example.
You can set the download speed to other members of the family for example at 2mbps with a guest wifi network.

Theres always a solution for quota, and soon fiber optics will start to implement so expect increase in the quotas that will add an extra 100Gb to be at 300Gb of the current highest plan which is 200Gb.

Also, hit me up if you wanna play Bf4 (on pc) if you wanna play a couple of rounds, you'll see my ingame ping aswell with Ogero.

#9 December 7 2017

anayman_k7

Personally I settled with IDM, its not the best but I can benefit from Paid Unlimited Night option, and my line is not stable (far from Central) and I still manage to get around 8mbps, ping is around 100ms

#10 December 7 2017

Toufic

For online gaming ==> OGERO no question about it
If it's directly from the source, it'll be much better than any other ISP.

As for quota, it's manageable... you just need to set priorities in terms of download/streaming videos/updates etc.
(A friend of mine does all his downloads at work and he never pays an extra $)

But if you're in a remote area.... or you're too far from the central... that might affect the kind of speed you could receive.

Nonetheless, ogero will still be better for your end gain and for the future

#11 December 7 2017

kfc

Toufic wrote:

As for quota, it's manageable... you just need to set priorities in terms of download/streaming videos/updates etc.

But if you're in a remote area.... or you're too far from the central... that might affect the kind of speed you could receive.

Your friend is lucky that they allow him to download at work!!

#12 December 8 2017

Toufic

kfc wrote:
Toufic wrote:

It's funny you should say that because many others complain that they can't... What's the deal with that ? (i can also download all i want but i'm with IDM and with the unlimited night traffic doesn't really matter... but still, let workers use the internet as they please)

#13 December 8 2017

kfc

Toufic wrote:
kfc wrote:
Toufic wrote:

It's funny you should say that because many others complain that they can't... What's the deal with that ? (i can also download all i want but i'm with IDM and with the unlimited night traffic doesn't really matter... but still, let workers use the internet as they please)

in my work, they monitor internet usage of employees!! any heavy work-unrelated use will not go unnoticed.

#14 December 8 2017

Nizaryos

AVOlio wrote:

Ogero, nothing but Ogero.
Don't even consider other ISPs, especially Sodetel.
The person who recommended you of Sodetel is clueless.

You can learn to manage the quota, with a router with bandwidth control for example.
You can set the download speed to other members of the family for example at 2mbps with a guest wifi network.

Theres always a solution for quota, and soon fiber optics will start to implement so expect increase in the quotas that will add an extra 100Gb to be at 300Gb of the current highest plan which is 200Gb.

Also, hit me up if you wanna play Bf4 (on pc) if you wanna play a couple of rounds, you'll see my ingame ping aswell with Ogero.

ok bade adim 3ala 5at telephone ma3 oger 150Gb mafrod yekon heke momtez

#15 December 10 2017

Hybrid

Nizaryos wrote:

hi

I have access to terra wise cyberia idm and ogero Adsl. Luckily I never stumbled upon Sodetel.

Ogero is constantly stable, if you want to game without lagging and rage, go for it, learn to manage your quota, its not as hard.

Cyberia, they used to be good when the quota was 4GB, it seems their technology couldn't keep up and they are now shittier than a pigeon crap in a dumpster.

Idm is stable before 5pm, then it goes downhill after that, at least in achrafieh area.

Terranet, not stable, sometimes its super fast, sometimes its not, though its also slow at night during peak time.

Wise, same as cyberia but with friendlier support.

Bottom line is, if you want to game for hours, go with ogero, if you want to download, choose IDM or Terra.

kfc wrote:

in my work, they monitor internet usage of employees!! any heavy work-unrelated use will not go unnoticed.

Your workplace sounds very stressful.

#16 December 10 2017

Toufic

Hybrid wrote:
Nizaryos wrote:

hi

I have access to terra wise cyberia idm and ogero Adsl. Luckily I never stumbled upon Sodetel.

Ogero is constantly stable, if you want to game without lagging and rage, go for it, learn to manage your quota, its not as hard.

Cyberia, they used to be good when the quota was 4GB, it seems their technology couldn't keep up and they are now shittier than a pigeon crap in a dumpster.

Idm is stable before 5pm, then it goes downhill after that, at least in achrafieh area.

Terranet, not stable, sometimes its super fast, sometimes its not, though its also slow at night during peak time.

Wise, same as cyberia but with friendlier support.

Bottom line is, if you want to game for hours, go with ogero, if you want to download, choose IDM or Terra.

kfc wrote:

Your workplace sounds very stressful.

I second that :
"Bottom line is, if you want to game for hours, go with ogero, if you want to download, choose IDM or Terra."

And start the process to save up on waiting (depends where you live)
In case you feel it's dragging or you are not getting what you need, go on twitter and communicate to the chairman of Ogero personally, the guy is amazing and he'll cc his staff to initiate the process

#17 February 15 2018

jad594

For me, its Terranet.

I get around 50-60 ms (VERY STABLE) on CS GO, although that's the only game I play now with my current set up ...
4mb plan.

Board footer