LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 24 2017

tiny fx

help choosing a new router with good range

Hi everyone, the router back home got busted. The house is pretty big so I need decent range. What should I do with the router after buying it? should I send it to ogero? Does ogero have routers other than the small default one?

#2 October 24 2017

semaan

Re: help choosing a new router with good range

TP-Link Archer AC1900, and buy it from the dealer -> Top Technoligies - Dawra

#3 October 24 2017

tiny fx

also, if I have to send it to ogero, can I take it to any ogero location? I live in hamra

#4 October 24 2017

xazbrat

tiny fx wrote:

also, if I have to send it to ogero, can I take it to any ogero location? I live in hamra

I think you have to take it to "menaa al housn"??  so pretty close in any case (whatever one is near the Bank Med headquarters)

#5 October 24 2017

tiny fx

xazbrat wrote:
tiny fx wrote:

I think you have to take it to "menaa al housn"??  so pretty close in any case (whatever one is near the Bank Med headquarters)

any idea if the central in sa2iet el janzeer is ok too? or does it have to be a main headquarter or something?

#6 October 24 2017

xazbrat

tiny fx wrote:
xazbrat wrote:
tiny fx wrote:

any idea if the central in sa2iet el janzeer is ok too? or does it have to be a main headquarter or something?

I don't know, but I live just outside of Beirut and they told me to go to that branch to get it reprogramed.  In any case, once you decide on a new modem, give them a call and then wait two weeks for them to reprogram it.   

I kid--it took me 1/2 hour, but I have heard of others having a much more difficult time.

#7 October 24 2017

tiny fx

xazbrat wrote:
tiny fx wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

I don't know, but I live just outside of Beirut and they told me to go to that branch to get it reprogramed.  In any case, once you decide on a new modem, give them a call and then wait two weeks for them to reprogram it.   

I kid--it took me 1/2 hour, but I have heard of others having a much more difficult time.

Thank you!
Any particular router you recommended?

Board footer