LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 November 11 2016

caligula

Re: Moving to Canada Process

hi there

anyone have an idea if "Ecole Technique des Sciences Touristiques et Commerciales" Dekwaneh have academic transcripts for all their programs , and if they issue it in Arabic we should translate it right ? and this form "http://www.wes.org/ca/required/internat … equest.pdf" must be filled in and send alongwith academic transcripts?

thanks

#27 March 1 2017

GreenM

I got my ITA today! My score is 435.

#28 March 2 2017

user

Congrats, I got my ITA too I was at 438

#29 March 2 2017

GreenM

Congrats! Did you fill the permanent residency application?

user wrote:

Congrats, I got my ITA too I was at 438

#30 March 2 2017

user

Online you mean? I was planning to fill the new fields this weekend. I got my work experience proofs ready and other stuff like IELTS and wes ready...

#31 March 3 2017

Hybrid

Congrats user & GreenM

#32 March 3 2017

user

Thank you

#33 July 23 2017

Red7

Congrats to those who got accepted !
Thanks for those who shared their experience. People are afraid of the bureaucratic tasks and feel that it is hard to escape but we should show that it is not hard.

Please keep us updated. I didn't apply because of health issues requiring that I stay for doctor visits and take medications (and maybe get refused if they ask health files?), and I still need to have some work experience and a masters.
But I might one day and my friends are getting more and more interested in traveling with everything that is happening in this miserable country (tax hikes etc.)

Last edited by Red7 (July 23 2017)

#34 July 26 2017

rolf

Red7 wrote:

But I might one day

Highly unlikely because i you keep looking at misery and the negative aspects of things, you will also see negative aspects in the visa and travel process and also find misery in other countries so you will most probably end up not traveling for the same reasons that you want to travel.

If you just want to run away from misery then you will find misery in other places too and will be likely to be discouraged and not travel anymore.

Be positive my friend!

Don't worry, I also have the same problems but in other areas of my life. I am not happy with a situation but cannot move because I am not happy with the other options either!

Be positive.

Good luck!

#35 July 28 2017

Red7

rolf wrote:

Be positive.

Good luck!

Thanks ! But that’s the thing, positive for what ? Don’t misunderstand me I’m still positive but shouldn’t one attainthe best level of comfort he can ?

I am one of those who a few years back didn’t think anything could change but I have been very active for a year now in the civil society and youth groups because I believe that negativity will not save us but actions will.
However it is possible that we will still be governed by the same oligarchs and we should be ready to move on to a better country.

#36 July 28 2017

rolf

Red7 wrote:
rolf wrote:

Be positive.

Good luck!

However it is possible that we will still be governed by the same oligarchs and we should be ready to move on to a better country.

I hate seeing these faces plastered all over the country, they are a reminder of how rotten the fish is from the head. Every day that I don't have to see them is a blessing, even if I have to pay 40% taxes for that.

So I understand you, don't worry.

Setting yourself a goal and doing that. Seeing all the nice things about it (whatever it is). This is being positive.
I have had it pretty easy, it makes me ashamed of admitting how easy I have had it, just through luck. Nobody is judging you.
However the same principle applies to those who are fortunate and those who are less fortunate.
In the end we are all fortunate and/or skilled in particular areas.

I have to say, lately, I am rarely applying what I just preached.
That's the idea, though. I believe it can help you reach your goal.
Whether your goal will make you happy (and how happy) that's another topic too.

Just looking around and seeing the nice things to do, to see, or just nice things is also "being positive".

It's (relatively) easy for me to lecture you, I know, sometimes it is hard to "be positive".

Last edited by rolf (July 28 2017)

#37 March 25 2018

ali_m3

Hi Guys

Glad that i was able to find this thread. Need to know if the police certificate issued by Lebanon needs to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I know it has to be t ranslated to English but not sure about attestation. Input from experienced people is appreciated. Thanks

#38 March 25 2018

Ziad87

ali_m3 wrote:

Hi Guys

Glad that i was able to find this thread. Need to know if the police certificate issued by Lebanon needs to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I know it has to be t ranslated to English but not sure about attestation. Input from experienced people is appreciated. Thanks

Nope, no need. I didn't do it and many others didn't and we never received any complaints from IRCC. The translation must be from a certified (sworn) translator and it must show the translator's details like address and contact info. In addition, there should be some sort of stamp or official signature on the translation. Remember to upload the original Arabic copy too.

There's a WhatsApp group for Lebanese applicants. Most of us have applied a long time ago but there are several new applicants. We usually complain about the long wait time  but also help newer applicants and answer any questions. If you're interested to join, PM me and I'll send you the link.

#39 March 25 2018

ali_m3

Thanks for your reply. Very valuable.

I'm sitting at 452 and awaiting ITA anytime soon. Getting my docs ready in advance. Police certificates from leb are all what is left i beleive

Ziad87 wrote:
ali_m3 wrote:

Hi Guys

Nope, no need. I didn't do it and many others didn't and we never received any complaints from IRCC. The translation must be from a certified (sworn) translator and it must show the translator's details like address and contact info. In addition, there should be some sort of stamp or official signature on the translation. Remember to upload the original Arabic copy too.

There's a WhatsApp group for Lebanese applicants. Most of us have applied a long time ago but there are several new applicants. We usually complain about the long wait time  but also help newer applicants and answer any questions. If you're interested to join, PM me and I'll send you the link.

#40 March 25 2018

ManOwaRR

excuse me  for entering this subject  but i would like to know something related to canada

for example if someone don't have any degree   nor he is a student  , just he has  the potential to open business  in their country , is there anything related to that , to simplify the question whats the amount of money required to move there  ?

thank you  .

#41 March 25 2018

Ziad87

ManOwaRR wrote:

excuse me  for entering this subject  but i would like to know something related to canada

for example if someone don't have any degree   nor he is a student  , just he has  the potential to open business  in their country , is there anything related to that , to simplify the question whats the amount of money required to move there  ?

thank you  .

Their requirements are always changing. You can see the available programs here. The two programs that might be applicable to businesses are start-up visa and Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program.

#42 March 26 2018

ali_m3

@Ziad87

Hi,
I was going through the thread and saw that you previously mentioned that birth certificates must be translated. To my best knowledge, I don't have any unless that is equivalent to the sijil 3adli. Again I haven't got the ITA yet so cannot know what specific documents will they ask for so I am not sure if birth certificates are even required. On CIC website, it says that they are only required for children. See below

Mandatory documents (if applicable)

The following documents are mandatory if applicable (i.e., based on the personal circumstances of the applicant and their dependents).

When applicable, applications that do not contain the following documents will be rejected as incomplete and fees will be refunded.

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document

Purpose

To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents

Document requirements

•This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
•The document must be one of the following: ◦birth certificate;
◦equivalent document from the birth country; or
◦letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

•All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

#43 March 26 2018

Ziad87

Hey, I just checked, it seems that is correct. The birth certificate is only required for children. Anyways when you get your ITA and you submit your final application, you will get a document checklist. If your certificate is required (most probably it won't be), it will be listed.

For my case, my consultant/law firm asked for it as part of their regular procedures. They specifically said for all members including principal applicant. However, I think their document was written before the new Express Entry and they forgot to update that part.

Also for my specific case, I actually ended up needing the certificate since my passport back then didn't have the full date of birth because I'm a Palestinian refugee.

#44 March 26 2018

ali_m3

Thanks Ziad. Much appreciated. I will get back to you with updates and if there is any info I need as you seem to have had good experience with this :)

Have a good day/.

#45 March 28 2018

thegodfatherdany

ali_m3 wrote:

I'm sitting at 452 and awaiting ITA anytime soon. Getting my docs ready in advance. Police certificates from leb are all what is left i beleive

Ali, when did you receive that score? Did you already have this score while the latest draws were done? Minimum score accepted was around 441 for the last couple of draws. Just wanted to know if you were part of them and did not get accepted.

Last edited by thegodfatherdany (March 28 2018)

#46 March 29 2018

ali_m3

I entered the pool in January with a score of 392. Retook IELTS in Feb and improved my score (minimum CLB9 on each category). That gave me a score boost to 452. Missed March 14 draw by a few points but eventually got the ITA this Monday (minimum CRS 446).

Completed my online application. In the process of uploading the documents required.

@Ziad87 - no birth certificates were required not even for my child, but only maybe because he is Canadian.

thegodfatherdany wrote:
ali_m3 wrote:

Ali, when did you receive that score? Did you already have this score while the latest draws were done? Minimum score accepted was around 441 for the last couple of draws. Just wanted to know if you were part of them and did not get accepted.

#47 March 29 2018

Hybrid

I got my PR through Express Entry in 2016. Birth cert is not required.

I'm not sure why you are using a law firm, you can do it all online, it's easier than becoming a lebgeeks member

Last edited by Hybrid (March 29 2018)

#48 March 29 2018

ali_m3

Hybrid wrote:

I got my PR through Express Entry in 2016. Birth cert is not required.

I'm not sure why you are using a law firm, you can do it all online, it's easier than becoming a lebgeeks member

Indeed the express entry system had made it easier for many people. I found it to be fairly simple so far. I think some people are still under the impression that they need a law firm or certain assistance with documentation to have a strong file or maybe they just don't have time to fill out forms. I know a friend who has paid $2k to a law firm but we have almost identical cases and he regrets paying that amount as he had seen how simple the EE system is.

#49 March 29 2018

Ziad87

Congrats ali_m3! Hopefully you get your PPR soon.

#50 March 29 2018

thegodfatherdany

Recent draws targeted applicants who entered the pool between a certain duration of time which is quite short. What if someone applied last October and is still in the pool? Will he ever get a chance to be picked?

Board footer