LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 14 2016

Tech Guru

Moving to Canada Process

I am interesting to move to Canada ( with out a Job Offer and through the Skilled Worker Visa). My education , Experience , Age , etc.. makes me eligible to apply. I will go through the process alone (without paying any fees to a lawyer/consulting company) since I have good research competences.  Yes I am a governmental employee and I get paid well +benefits and stability , but frankly the Canadian Citizenship and relocating in a more " mind peaceful" target is a major plus. In addition , on the new system for Express Entry 6 months most likely receive the ITA (1st Pool of chosen applicants) , you need 60 days to complete the online profile (so a person must be prepared with all Language Tests Scores , Degrees Assessed by WES (World Education Services)  ... before hand) 

I have thorough research and I came on this step by step procedure written by some one in the forum on Canadavisa.com

Forum Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigr … 928.0.html

It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … /index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/ … charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … ssment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … rofile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from  your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/emplo … basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ … /funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/informatio … /index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio … s-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.   

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.

I will follow this steps, but additional input / discussing from previous immigrants in this forum are very welcomed to discuss. I have some question in mind now:

1- Are High Schools  Grades Required to Assessed or only the Lebanese Baccalaureate or the University Degree /transcripts  are enough? 

2- Is anybody aware of a Province nomination procedure  ,a province sending  a nomination   will add  very good points on the profile of the Express Entry.

3- What are the chances of getting a job offer from there (blind CV sending through LinkedIn) and you are in Lebanon without a Canadian PR?

4- What are the best provinces to live at (to secure a balance of finding a job in a relatively good time period  living standards including how to deal with people , and living costs?

5- Will finding a job there troublesome  upon arrival (will they help when you touch the their land there) , sure I will register in job Bank and apply thorough LinkedIn. The Canadian Government has all the details upon arrival including my experience / academic qualification will they help a person find a job (jobs centers , job posts etc.. )?   

6- How much time is need to change the Express Entry Visa to a PR - Permanent Residency after a person touch down , will  immediately  finding a job there  a core requirement for that.

7- The Canadians requires 10,000 USD CAD for singles , will that be enough to rent a home and living expenses until I find  job there?

8- Will the PR makes me eligible to travel to the USA without a VISA and to go to Lebanon marry the girl I love and bring her in?

9-Is there a time period in which a person will find a job , and after this period (deadline) he he requested to go back to his home country?

Thank You

#2 October 14 2016

Ziad87

Re: Moving to Canada Process

1- Are High Schools  Grades Required to Assessed or only the Lebanese Baccalaureate or the University Degree /transcripts  are enough?

They only require the assessment of post-secondary (everything after High School) degrees.

2- Is anybody aware of a Province nomination procedure  ,a province sending  a nomination   will add  very good points on the profile of the Express Entry.

All provinces have different ways of inviting people. So you should check the provinces that interest you. The less popular ones like Manitoba and Saskatchewan seem easier to join and they holding draws regularly but I have no idea if they're currently accepting candidates. I'm in the Ontario program. I got invited last December and I'm still waiting for my nomination. they are swamped with applications from last year so they paused inviting new candidates earlier this year.

3- What are the chances of getting a job offer from there (blind CV sending through LinkedIn) and you are in Lebanon without a Canadian PR?

Very hard. Don't expect anybody to reply to you. I sent my CV to lots of firms and none of them even bothered to reply. A company found my profile on a job networking site and contacted me. The first thing they asked for was if I have PR.

4- What are the best provinces to live at (to secure a balance of finding a job in a relatively good time period  living standards including how to deal with people , and living costs?

Depends on your experience and skills. I went with Ontario (Toronto) because of my experience (software development), language skills (not French educated), and I prefer the city lifestyle. British Columbia (Vancouver) is also a good similar option. 

5- Will finding a job there troublesome  upon arrival (will they help when you touch the their land there) , sure I will register in job Bank and apply thorough LinkedIn. The Canadian Government has all the details upon arrival including my experience / academic qualification will they help a person find a job (jobs centers , job posts etc.. )?

No idea. The Job Bank is currently useless because of poor matching (for some reason I always get matched to random jobs in retail and nothing related to IT) and companies never reply. I'm not sure but I don't the government has an active role in helping immigrants find a job. 

6- How much time is need to change the Express Entry Visa to a PR - Permanent Residency after a person touch down , will  immediately  finding a job there  a core requirement for that.

Pretty quickly; within a couple of weeks. No job required in fact you need to have your PR before getting a job.

7- The Canadians requires 10,000 USD CAD for singles , will that be enough to rent a home and living expenses until I find  job there?

I don't think so.

A bachelor/studio apartment (no bedrooms) ranges from 900 - $1,400 (if you want something close to the subway lines which is highly desirable for transportation then expect to be closer to that upper limit).

Phone plan 50 - $80

Cable Internet 50 - $100

Monthly Transportation Pass ~ $130

So that's easily $1,500 CAD per month excluding food, groceries, shopping, and entertainment.

8- Will the PR makes me eligible to travel to the USA without a VISA and to go to Lebanon marry the girl I love and bring her in?

You will still need a visa for the US.

9-Is there a time period in which a person will find a job , and after this period (deadline) he he requested to go back to his home country?

Nope. Once you get PR you can stay as long as you want. I'm not sure but I think you may have to renew it after 5 years. However, by then you will most likely already be a citizen.

#3 October 15 2016

Tech Guru

Ziad87 wrote:

They only require the assessment of post-secondary (everything after High School) degrees.

All provinces have different ways of inviting people. So you should check the provinces that interest you. The less popular ones like Manitoba and Saskatchewan seem easier to join and they holding draws regularly but I have no idea if they're currently accepting candidates. I'm in the Ontario program. I got invited last December and I'm still waiting for my nomination. they are swamped with applications from last year so they paused inviting new candidates earlier this year.

Very hard. Don't expect anybody to reply to you. I sent my CV to lots of firms and none of them even bothered to reply. A company found my profile on a job networking site and contacted me. The first thing they asked for was if I have PR.

Depends on your experience and skills. I went with Ontario (Toronto) because of my experience (software development), language skills (not French educated), and I prefer the city lifestyle. British Columbia (Vancouver) is also a good similar option. 

No idea. The Job Bank is currently useless because of poor matching (for some reason I always get matched to random jobs in retail and nothing related to IT) and companies never reply. I'm not sure but I don't the government has an active role in helping immigrants find a job. 

Pretty quickly; within a couple of weeks. No job required in fact you need to have your PR before getting a job.

I don't think so.

A bachelor/studio apartment (no bedrooms) ranges from 900 - $1,400 (if you want something close to the subway lines which is highly desirable for transportation then expect to be closer to that upper limit).

Phone plan 50 - $80

Cable Internet 50 - $100

Monthly Transportation Pass ~ $130

So that's easily $1,500 CAD per month excluding food, groceries, shopping, and entertainment.

You will still need a visa for the US.

Nope. Once you get PR you can stay as long as you want. I'm not sure but I think you may have to renew it after 5 years. However, by then you will most likely already be a citizen.

Appreciated  Mate ,  You seem keen about the immigration process.  Concerning Question 2 and your answer:

Is anybody aware of a Province nomination procedure  ,a province sending  a nomination   will add  very good points on the profile of the Express Entry.

I think when you receive a province nomination you will get automatically 600 points on the Visa Express Profile , which greatly Increase the chances for migration invitation. In case I did not apply for a province nomination , which many do , and directly went and fill an Express Visa Profile in correspondence to the IELTS grades , experience , qualifications assessment etc .. What are the chances to receiving an Invitation to Apply for permanent residency.

By the way what were your IELTs scores (per component and your overall score) and your preparation strategy is month good using the IELTS books from the British Council   , what assessment agency you have chosen for your degree (WES or another one ) , on WES site that have mentioned for Lebanon (High School Assessment and Highest Education that were I got lost).

#4 October 15 2016

Ziad87

I applied to the Express Entry program in May 2015.

I have the following IELTS scores:

Listening: 8.5 ; Reading: 9 ; Writing: 7.5 ; Speaking 7.0 ; Overall Band Score: 8 ; CEFR Level: C1.

I believe I should have scored better on the speaking and writing. Unfortunately, both tests can be very subjective when it comes to the scores. I remember looking for samples of perfect scores for speaking and writing and I believe I definitely met those standards. Though I'm not sure of the source since nothing is listed in the official IELTS websites. I can repeat the tests but I don't really see the point in doing so since I did my best. In addition, the test is only valid for 2 years. You also cannot mix and match scores from different trials. To prepare for the exams, I did some sample exams (my immigration lawyers provided me with a free month trial from some website). The samples are helpful for preparing you to the exam format. It was helpful for me especially for the listening part since time management and multitasking is crucial.

I got my assessment from WES. I only sent my Bachelor's degree. If you have graduate degrees, you also need to send them.

My score is 438 in the Express Entry. Back in May of last year, everyone was claiming that the minimum score for ITA (Invitation To Apply) would drop. It eventually reached 450 at its lowest. So when I got a chance to apply for Ontario in December, I took it. For Ontario's program, you have to be already in the Express Entry program. Ontario regularly (not anymore though) send invitations to candidates based on certain criteria (one of them being a score of at least 400). They now paused sending invitations because they invited lots of candidates back when they invited me a year ago. They could not keep up with the volume of applicants. The promised timeline for the nomination was around 3 months I think. Then they pushed it to 3 more months. Recently, they removed all mentions of a promised time line. They just recently started giving nominations to December candidates (I'm in that group). They still have to finish up the December, January, and February applicants. After they finish the nominations they will probably go back to inviting candidates.

So if you're in a hurry to apply, it might be a better idea to check out other provinces.

As for getting the ITA without a nomination from a province, it's a bit hard. I'm not sure, you can search for calculators online (not sure if those are accurate) but you definitely need IELTS scores similar or better than mine, 6+ years of relevant work experience in you NOC, younger than 30 years old, and hold an accredited Master's degree. I have a Bachelor's degree, a desirable NOC (2174; Software Developer), 6+ years of experience, and younger than 30. Yet I still managed to only receive 438 points. So to get more points you need to have a Master's degree and possibly higher IELTS scores (not sure if overall Band 8 is the maximum for points). Even with all that it's not guaranteed since draws are now taking around 480 minimum points these days. I have a feeling the points aren't going to decrease by a lot any time soon. There are many candidates applying to provinces and receiving nominations right now. So this creates a greater demand for ITA and as a result, the average Express Entry points will increase.

#5 October 18 2016

user

I applied to express entry as well. Ironically in my IELTS I did perfectly in everything except reading(got 7.0 in reading, I am still surprised) So your exact opposite, still, score 438. Scores WILL drop soon, they did give a reason to why they have been high this year, they have legacy applications from the old system dating back to 2013-2014 and they are focusing on finishing them off to take all applications from express entry only. And they said they would be done by November, so we should start seeing a score decrease soon.

The legacy system has been providing Canada with the majority of immigrants in 2015 and 2016, once it dries out, express entry will be taking more people than ever and it might go below 450.

#6 October 18 2016

Ziad87

That's the same exact thing they said last year. Also, last year many of the Provincial programs were still not operational. From what I understand, they also opened up (or will open up) immigration for Syrians again. So now you have a similar amount of backlogs but this time it's mainly for provincial nominees. There are already thousands of applicants like me waiting for Ontario to issue us nominations. So I have a feeling the scores will not drop below 450 at least not before the end of 2017.

Anyways, I hope I'm wrong and hopefully you will get your ITA soon, good luck!

#7 October 19 2016

user

Well, I am studying french to do the TEF test which can score me up to 24 points(really I just need another 12) And repeating the IELTS is always on the table... Goodluck to all of us.

Last edited by user (October 19 2016)

#8 October 19 2016

GreenM

user wrote:

Well, I am studying french to do the TEF test which can score me up to 24 points(really I just need another 12) And repeating the IELTS is always on the table... Goodluck to all of us.

I'm doing the same now, but studying a language takes a while. I have been thinking that I might have to repeat the IELTS too. It's worth it tho. We need luck here, hehe. I actually need 15 points :/ I'll have to score really high, middle of level C1

https://www.centredelanguefrancaise.par … CANADA.pdf

Guys, what about TCF? I heard some people are sitting for the TCF to immigrate to Canada. Are there alternative channels?

#9 October 19 2016

user

I know that the TEF is recognized for french, I don't think anything else is accepted anymore, that is of course for express entry, maybe some provincial nominations accept other things?

There was a draw today, they took in a record 1800 people, the highest number of people ever picked in one draw(previous max used to be around 1500) which is consistent with them deciding to start lowering the score and taking more people. Score dropped to 475 which is still high, but understandable since it had been bottling up for 7 month.

I have a base in french, I am building on it. I watch a bit of France24 live stream on youtube, the first couple of times I didn't understand ANYTHING. But it gradually got easier and now I understand rather well. I also recommend the channel "Francais Authentique" on youtube, the channel maker makes french videos with subtitles, so you can read as well and PDF documents of the transcript(all french, you can always try google translate for help) his speaking speed varies, first few videos were slow then he gradually becomes faster. I also bought his packs which is basically even more content, but he has plenty of youtube I don't think buying anything is necessary.

#10 October 19 2016

GreenM

user wrote:

I know that the TEF is recognized for french, I don't think anything else is accepted anymore, that is of course for express entry, maybe some provincial nominations accept other things?

There was a draw today, they took in a record 1800 people, the highest number of people ever picked in one draw(previous max used to be around 1500) which is consistent with them deciding to start lowering the score and taking more people. Score dropped to 475 which is still high, but understandable since it had been bottling up for 7 month.

I have a base in french, I am building on it. I watch a bit of France24 live stream on youtube, the first couple of times I didn't understand ANYTHING. But it gradually got easier and now I understand rather well. I also recommend the channel "Francais Authentique" on youtube, the channel maker makes french videos with subtitles, so you can read as well and PDF documents of the transcript(all french, you can always try google translate for help) his speaking speed varies, first few videos were slow then he gradually becomes faster. I also bought his packs which is basically even more content, but he has plenty of youtube I don't think buying anything is necessary.

Thanks for the suggestions. I listen to Tanguy on Light FM (the morning show)  Good luck for both of us :) I hope the scores will drop below 450...

#11 October 20 2016

user

I just realized that if I get selected I will need to provide a translated police certificate ("لا حكم عليه") in english or in french. I wonder who is qualified to translate something like that... Can I request it in an alternative language?

#12 October 20 2016

Ziad87

I never heard of anyone getting a Police Certificate in English. However, don't worry about the translation. They only require the document to be translated by a "certified" translator. I just took my documents to a local translator in my neighborhood and my lawyer told me that it was fine. Basically the translator's name/company must be clearly visible in the translated document. Their contact details must also be present. In addition, the translator stamped the document using his personalized stamp.

I wasn't required to verify any documents by any ministry or external source. Since most of our documents are in English or French, the only documents that are required to be translated are the Police Certificate and the Birth Certificate (not sure if the ones issued in Lebanon also have English/French translations).

#13 October 20 2016

Tech Guru

Colleagues, 

What will be my points increase from having a Bachelor of Science and an MBA , since I have an MBA from LAU with High Distinction.

#14 October 20 2016

user

I think around 20 to 30 points! because it will either be counted as a masters degree or as "2 or more university certificates" which is around just as well. But don't get your hopes up before you submit it to WES and get your evaluation...

#15 October 20 2016

rolf

BTW, if you want to move to Canada, the English-speaking part, the title should be:
"The process of moving to Canada"
Or maybe "Moving to Canada: the process".

#16 October 21 2016

Tech Guru

user wrote:

I think around 20 to 30 points! because it will either be counted as a masters degree or as "2 or more university certificates" which is around just as well. But don't get your hopes up before you submit it to WES and get your evaluation...

WES Part (sending each grade transcripts sealed through the university and & orginal copy of the degrees by the applicant -  is the easiest process to complete in the whole process mainly MBAs from accredited Business Schools from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business's (AACSB) which are 182 around the world (including AUB & recently  LAU) are accredited easily . AUST MBA (not AACSB) is recgonized a friend of mine get it from WES from a while. The crucial part in the process is the IELTS when that is done with a minimum 8.0 on each of the four parts (Average) 8.0  which increase the chances of ITA to tip a commulative score of 430 -450 points  without an offer letter from there or a province nomination (which are hard to get -  offer letter a mere chance of 1 % to get or a relative/close who has been  living there for couple of years may sent one from his connections).

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 21 2016)

#17 October 21 2016

Tech Guru

rolf wrote:

BTW, if you want to move to Canada, the English-speaking part, the title should be:
"The process of moving to Canada"
Or maybe "Moving to Canada: the process".

Didn't understand what do you mean mate , may you clarify.

#18 October 21 2016

rolf

I was correcting your English and pointing out that improving it might be a good idea if you emigrate.
Please forgive me if it came across as slightly unfriendly. It is nothing personal.

Last edited by rolf (October 21 2016)

#19 October 25 2016

Hybrid

I got accepted by the Express Entry earlier, with a score around 469, I'm in Canada right now.

Tech Guru wrote:

Thank You

1- Use WES, only university degree, masters will give you a better chance with a higher score. Your uni will have to send the transcripts sealed, and you will have to send a certificate by mail (Double check this, it's been a while since I did it). I graduated from AUST, and it cost around $60 to send it, they sent it using DHL. Process was easy, the uni knew what to do. This entire process usually takes around 3~4 weeks to complete.

2- Don't go for province nominee unless you can't get your ITA (low score, below 450). ITA is way better, cheaper and easier process.

3- RTP (user in here) once mentioned that it took him around a month to find a job. My uncle who previously immigrated took him around a month to find a job as well. Both in IT. I personally didn't apply yet, I'm going back to Lebanon soon. I'm having fun volunteering however, good for your resume.

4- All people are friendly in here. I've been all over Ontario, Ottawa, Toronto, Etobicoke and  Mississauga, and Montreal in Quebec. It depends on your major and experience, but usually Toronto is the best. Small cities are good as well, from what I've heard, but don't expect a high salary or a perfect position.

5- They won't help you find a job, at least not your dream job. There are some Canada office that will help you find "a" job, not "the" job. You have to go job hunting for yourself. They will help you more if you are a refugee, ironic I know. Job bank is crap, use indeed or monster. You will need at least 1 year Canadian experience to land a great job or so I heard.

6- If you land in Toronto Pearson airport, it will be the moment you land. If you land somewhere else, you will have to visit a Service Canada Office to get your SIN. You need the SIN and CoPR to work, you will have the CoPR before you land. PR takes around 2 months to be processed and mailed. You will need a residential address btw.

7- Depends where you rent. If you rent in downtown, furnished studio, it will be around 1800 CAD, if you rent somewhere outside of Downtown, it will be cheaper. Food price is almost the same as lebanon. I landed with 4000 CAD and wired the rest. When I landed, They didn't even check for my PoF or if I will wire or anything, they just asked how much I have in hand (BUT DON"T RISK IT and bring a POF). Mobile plan cost around 40CAD, if you're bringing your phone, make sure the frequency band is compatible with whoever carrier you choose in Canada.

8- No you can't enter the US. No you can't bring your wife, she has to apply for PR, or just visit or visit and find a job, which will be hard.

9- Nope, no deadline, however if you can't find a job, the government will help you find one. I wouldn't recommend taking money from the government to live however, you will end up kissing your citizenship a goodbye.

Tech Guru wrote:

Colleagues, 

What will be my points increase from having a Bachelor of Science and an MBA , since I have an MBA from LAU with High Distinction.

Use an online tool to calculate, but it will most probably add 50 points if you have good IELTS score (CLB 9+)

user wrote:

Scores WILL drop soon, they did give a reason to why they have been high this year, they have legacy applications from the old system dating back to 2013-2014 and they are focusing on finishing them off to take all applications from express entry only. .

It already is dropping, They are doubling, even more than doubling the intake applications this month and last month.

user wrote:

I just realized that if I get selected I will need to provide a translated police certificate ("لا حكم عليه") in english or in french. I wonder who is qualified to translate something like that... Can I request it in an alternative language?

Yes you will need it in English or French. it Will cost you around $35, you have to translate it, and stamp it from "Ketib 3adeil, kharjiyeh and I think dekhliyeh", the translator will do this for you. The translator has to be "Mou7alaf"

Tech Guru wrote:

The crucial part in the process is the IELTS when that is done with a minimum 8.0 on each of the four parts (Average) 8.0  which increase the chances of ITA to tip a commulative score of 430 -450 points

You only need 8 on listening. 7 on Reading writing and speaking. Anything higher won't give you any additional point

If I missed any questions, please re-ask :)

PS: If you guys apply for Express Entry, and want to join a whatsapp group made mostly of Lebanese, PM me your phone number, and you will be added. Basically there are many knowledgeable people that can answer your questions if you have any.

Last edited by Hybrid (October 25 2016)

#20 October 25 2016

Hybrid

I think you have to add "Express Entry" in the title, so people don't confuse it with the Quebec immigration system

#21 October 25 2016

Tech Guru

Dear Hybrid ,

Thank You - Very Helpful hints indeed. I will register for the IELTS soon at the British Council. Any help hints on how you prepared for it will be appreciated it. I did Email you my Number to add to to the Whatsapp Group (very help full in sharing hints and thoughts).

Is the British Council IELTTs book is enough ; or shall I go with some additional samples too on Cambridge IELTS. Is 1 month good for preparation.

About the experience , you fill the forms on the Express Entry Profile Stage or when ?

Before I open an Express Entry Profile I need to:

Have the IELTS Scores
Have My Degrees Assessed by WES
Have My Experience Filled (?)
Any Other Steps (?)

You did the whole process alone right without a Lawyer or a Consultation office.

Thank You

#22 October 25 2016

Hybrid

Tech Guru wrote:

Dear Hybrid ,

Thank You - Very Helpful hints indeed. I will register for the IELTS soon at the British Council. Any help hints on how you prepared for it will be appreciated it. I did Email you my Number to add to to the Whatsapp Group (very help full in sharing hints and thoughts).

Is the British Council IELTTs book is enough ; or shall I go with some additional samples too on Cambridge IELTS. Is 1 month good for preparation.

About the experience , you fill the forms on the Express Entry Profile Stage or when ?

Before I open an Express Entry Profile I need to:

Have the IELTS Scores
Have My Degrees Assessed by WES
Have My Experience Filled (?)
Any Other Steps (?)

You did the whole process alone right without a Lawyer or a Consultation office.

Thank You

IELTS tests are good, but I relied more on ieltsliz.com, great info there. 1 month is good, depends on your english, but if you're average, then I suggest you study daily for 1~2 hours. There is a way to write an essay for example, and you need to use synonyms a lot. Also, try to finish essay 1 in 20 mins and essay 2 in 40 mins or less. Reading in general IELTS should be easy, you need 8 on listening which is equal to 5 or less wrong answers out of 40. As for speaking, they don't care if you're a slow talker or don't have an accent, just use some advanced english words or phrases. Also practice WELL for the 2nd speaking question, ieltsliz provides good insight on that.

I submitted my 2nd stage application on December 2015 (After receiving the ITA)
The first part was probably in October 2015 or November

I don't remember all the required documents, it's written there in the application. Should be straightforward.

Yes, all alone, no lawyer or anything else. just if you get stuck on some paper or have doubts, search canadavisa forum and ask around.

Last edited by Hybrid (October 25 2016)

#23 October 26 2016

user

Thank you Hybrid for the all information. But I would like to point out that the required for reading is 8.0 score. I got a 7.0 and lost 3 points in the CRS score. Also, even though they "doubled" intake since the previous month, it doesn't really count as doubling yet since the previous month were exceptionally low, and you'd have to be a bilingual PHD to get in. Last draw was above the regular average of 1500 by being 1800. It is looking much better for the future. I am concerned however that the more they take in, the more people will apply, and so the competition may still be tough.

In any case, I am studying french, hoping to take the TEF and get an additional 12 points which could kick my score up to 450 where I would feel safe (now at 438) I might repeat the IELTS in may (a year after I originally took it) to refresh its life on one hand and to try and improve my reading score on the other and get that missing 3 points, but it will depend on how I do in the french.

Honestly, I feel that for a Lebanese(given that we don't have holiday visa programs and no way to get Canadian experience which grants more points) You NEED to either have a masters or have a good french score, it doesn't seem like there is another option.

EDIT: By the way, I found this site that has been very well reviewed called CurrencyFair The idea is to pay them with your internet card from your lebanese bank account, and they can wire the money to a Canadian bank account for much less fees than a regular bank wire transfer and (again I think) faster processing time. Anyone has any idea about those services?

Last edited by user (October 26 2016)

#24 October 31 2016

thegodfatherdany

Sorry for breaking the thread but i heard from alot of people that going there using a Student Visa ( study there) and then finding a job in a 3 months period and after that applying for PR works? Can anyone confirm that? This is the fastest way to land in Canada ( however not with PR on arrival).

#25 November 1 2016

user

Currently being a student is not a very good thing. There is no advantage for Canadian International students yet(I heard rumors that they will change the system) and there are no guaranties you'll get a job or at least the kind of job that gets you a PR(not all jobs count, there are rules and restrictions) And I keep hearing about people graduating from Canadian universities having to pack up and leave the country because they could get get a PR.

Board footer