LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 10 2016

Marduk

The perfect pc game

Hello everyone, as the topic says, im searching for the perfect game, as i dont know and havent tried many games, what im currently playing: mostly LOL, sometimes csgo but its getting a bit boring
The thing is ive tried a couple of fps singleplayer games like crysis 2(abit boring and short), crysis 3(nice and short), far cry 3(very nice but short),  and multiplayer games like lol, csgo.....
I want to play a game that feels endless(multiplayer games like lol feels endless but csgo doesnt), but please if you know a single player game that feels endless please do tell. So if you know a very nice (single/multiplayer, online/offline) game that feels endless please do tell.
Ps: if you know a survival game( like survival from zombies....) please do tell too.

#2 August 10 2016

Totoro

Re: The perfect pc game

Most of the games I enjoy and still play are the type of games you're looking for I guess.

I like big worlds with endless quests and things to explore, especially when they're accompanied by amazing lore.

Offline: Witcher 3 and Skyrim - Hands down these two are on top of the list in this genre for me.
Online: World of Warcraft - There's always something to do in this game.
           Wildstar - Not that big of a world compared to WoW but still an okay game
           Guild Wars 2

#3 August 10 2016

Die_Kapitan

The perfect PC game? any Football Manager. End of discussion.

#4 August 10 2016

Marduk

I forgot to mention, I really hate football games(and anything related to them), I feel that its a bit stupid to watch and play it , while you can actually live it.

#5 August 10 2016

tiny fx

Marduk wrote:

I forgot to mention, I really hate football games(and anything related to them), I feel that its a bit stupid to watch and play it , while you can actually live it.

yuck football games are the worst, seriously who plays those?

I have to agree about the witcher and skyrim those are your best bets for endless single player games. GTA V probably fits in that category as well.

can I suggest something else? something that isn't endless,but is really fun and different?

try AAA puzzle games. I'm talking about Portal and the Talos principle (still playing it no spoilers) they are both cheap now and oh man they will mess with your head. One moment your playing a game, the other you are doubting everything in the real world. They may not be endless, but they are a refreshing change, and very cheap too, they are a no brainer. So few people play them in this part of the world, they have no idea what they are missing. Buy them, and if you don't like them, blame me!!
A word of warning though, finishing another game will never feel as satisfying again. Also the talos principle will really really mess with your head, don't play it if you don't like that, if you don't know whether you like that or not, go for it

Last edited by tiny fx (August 11 2016)

#6 August 10 2016

Marduk

yeah gta v is a nice game, I actually have it on my xbox 360 and finished the story so yeah.....ive actually heard about portal but never tried it, I might probably try it, since I like to play such games while I update a game or doing a process that takes time.( unfortunautley the games that I play while I'm updating.... is minesweeper(never won it) and spider solitaire)

Last edited by Marduk (August 10 2016)

#7 August 10 2016

Totoro

You must win at least one minesweeper game dude! I was addicted to that game for like 5 years until I removed it from every PC I ever touched.

#8 August 10 2016

tiny fx

Marduk wrote:

yeah gta v is a nice game, I actually have it on my xbox 360 and finished the story so yeah.....ive actually heard about portal but never tried it, I might probably try it, since I like to play such games while I update a game or doing a process that takes time.( unfortunautley the games that I play while I'm updating.... is minesweeper(never won it) and spider solitaire)

yea do try them, I usually play them when I need a break from all the multiplayer games. Half an hour to an hour playing a game like that is almost therapeutical after hours of matchmaking online. Needs a completely different state of mind to play. its like you hit a restart button in your brain. I can't recommend them enough. portal is made by valve by the way and is probably connected to the half life universe. The talos principle, well there is no way in hell I can describe that one.

#9 August 10 2016

MohZz

Hello there Marduk :)

Here's a list of games that you might like ^_^

Survival (Online):
-DayZ
-Miscreated
-Shattered Skies
-Rust
-Dying Light
-Arma 3
-Arma 3 Battle Royale (If you ask me I would wait for PlayerUnknow's standalone Battle Royale game [called BattleGrounds] still at very early development stages but in my opinion it'll be worth)
-ARK: Survival Evolved
-Life is Feudal: Your Own (I would also wait for this one as the MMO version of it is being worked on to be released)
-Gloria Victis (In development)
-Das Tal (In development)

(Offline):
-Elder's Scroll Skyrim (If you buy the Legendary/Add-Ons Bundle [you can find many places that offers pretty cheap prices for it] and you'll recieve the special remasted edition free, release on October 28, 2016)
-Fallout 4
-Witcher 3
-Farcry 4 and Primal

MOBA:
-Heroes of the Storm (HotS, by blizzard)
-Paragon
-SMITE
-Dota 2
(there are many others but I don't think they are worth mentioning ;p )

Shooter:
-Overwatch (tons of fun ;) )
-Team Fortress (I think there's a story mode being worked on at the moment but needs more time)
-Evolve: Stage 2 (Now free to play)
-Escape from Tarkov (Still Alpha)
-Battlefield 4
-Battlefield 1 (release date October 21, 2016)
-Day of Infamy
-Insurgency
-Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (if you're into this kind of games, casual yet funny has multiplayer and missions and stuff)
-Gigantic (In development)
-LawBreakers (In development, Alpha)
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

MMO:
-WoW (Obviously)
-Guild Wars 2
-RIFT
-Crowfall (In development)
-Chronicals of Elyria (In development)
-Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (In development)
-Camelot Unchained (In development)
-Albion Online (In final Beta, release is soon)

That what comes to my mind for now.

Tell me if you liked any of them ;)

Have funs ^_^

Last edited by MohZz (August 10 2016)

#10 August 10 2016

mmk92

Try out Superhot

#11 August 10 2016

MohZz

tiny fx wrote:

try AAA puzzle games. I'm talking about Portal and the Talos principle (still playing it no spoilers) they are both cheap now and oh man they will mess with your head. One moment your playing a game, the other you are doubting everything in the real world. They may not be endless, but they are a refreshing change, and very cheap too, they are a no brainer. So few people play them in this part of the world, they have no idea what they are missing. Buy them, and if you don't like them, blame me!!
A word of warning though, finishing another game will never feel as satisfying again. Also the talos principle will really really mess with your head, don't play it if you don't like that, if you don't know whether you like that or not, go for it

Hey tiny fx :)

I do agree on these games.

I've played Portal and Portal 2. These are decent games and you'll have fun with them.

I'm still playing The Talos Principle too  (Nice to find other people who does! )
This game has so much philosophy into it, and needs reading (and analysis sometimes) and patience (and actually use your brain ). So if you're not into such things I don't recommend it as tiny fx said ^_^

#12 August 10 2016

tiny fx

MohZz wrote:
tiny fx wrote:

Hey tiny fx :)

I do agree on these games.

I've played Portal and Portal 2. These are decent games and you'll have fun with them.

I'm still playing The Talos Principle too  (Nice to find other people who does! )
This game has so much philosophy into it, and needs reading (and analysis sometimes) and patience (and actually use your brain ). So if you're not into such things I don't recommend it as tiny fx said ^_^

yea man 100%. BTW I added you in overwatch

#13 August 10 2016

MohZz

tiny fx wrote:

yea man 100%. BTW I added you in overwatch

That's great!

But I think you added me on NA?
Because I didn't get the friend request O.o
I play only on EU ;p

#14 August 10 2016

tiny fx

MohZz wrote:

That's great!

But I think you added me on NA?
Because I didn't get the friend request O.o
I play only on EU ;p

no I'm on eu as well

#15 August 10 2016

MohZz

tiny fx wrote:

no I'm on eu as well

Well, I didn't recieve the friend request ._.
If you'd like you can pm me your Battle.Net ID and I can try to add you.

#16 August 10 2016

Marduk

MohZz wrote:

Hello there Marduk :)

Here's a list of games that you might like ^_^

Survival (Online):
-DayZ
-Miscreated
-Shattered Skies
-Rust
-Dying Light
-Arma 3
-Arma 3 Battle Royale (If you ask me I would wait for PlayerUnknow's standalone Battle Royale game [called BattleGrounds] still at very early development stages but in my opinion it'll be worth)
-ARK: Survival Evolved
-Life is Feudal: Your Own (I would also wait for this one as the MMO version of it is being worked on to be released)
-Gloria Victis (In development)
-Das Tal (In development)

(Offline):
-Elder's Scroll Skyrim (If you buy the Legendary/Add-Ons Bundle [you can find many places that offers pretty cheap prices for it] and you'll recieve the special remasted edition free, release on October 28, 2016)
-Fallout 4
-Witcher 3
-Farcry 4 and Primal

MOBA:
-Heroes of the Storm (HotS, by blizzard)
-Paragon
-SMITE
-Dota 2
(there are many others but I don't think they are worth mentioning ;p )

Shooter:
-Overwatch (tons of fun ;) )
-Team Fortress (I think there's a story mode being worked on at the moment but needs more time)
-Evolve: Stage 2 (Now free to play)
-Escape from Tarkov (Still Alpha)
-Battlefield 4
-Battlefield 1 (release date October 21, 2016)
-Day of Infamy
-Insurgency
-Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (if you're into this kind of games, casual yet funny has multiplayer and missions and stuff)
-Gigantic (In development)
-LawBreakers (In development, Alpha)
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

MMO:
-WoW (Obviously)
-Guild Wars 2
-RIFT
-Crowfall (In development)
-Chronicals of Elyria (In development)
-Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (In development)
-Camelot Unchained (In development)
-Albion Online (In final Beta, release is soon)

That what comes to my mind for now.

Tell me if you liked any of them ;)

Have funs ^_^

isn't that a bit too much  , I might try far cry 4 and primal, elders scroll, witcher 3, dayz and ark(but I don't know much about these ones), overwatch for now, btw haven't anyone tried dead island, is it good???
but of course before I try any of these I need to finish mission impossible, code name: MINESWEEPER

#17 August 10 2016

MohZz

Well ... I tried to cover most of the trending games, so you can check them yourself ;)

Nice choices there by the way :)
Just a note about DayZ (it's a very demanding game, unless you have a high end gaming PC don't buy it as for now ;) )
Instead, you could try Miscreated, Shattered Skies or Gloria Victis (if you're into Medieval Era games).

Yeah man, you gotta do what you gotta do ... Minesweeper for life

#18 August 10 2016

tiny fx

you are playing overwatch too? we really should get a team going, we have enough people. totoro and mohzz seem to play and so do I, with you that's 4 players 2 more and we have a full team. NO n00bz plis. git gud or git rekt. joking obviously...or am I?

Last edited by tiny fx (August 10 2016)

#19 August 10 2016

Tech Guru

Perfect Single Player PC Game:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Perfect MP PC Game:

Battle Field 4

PS: Capable Hardware , will leverage the experience of visual fidelity (144hz , Direct X , Ultra Settings , Global Illumination etc..)

#20 August 10 2016

Marduk

tiny fx wrote:

you are playing overwatch too? we really should get a team going, we have enough people. totoro and mohzz seem to play and so do I, with you that's 4 players 2 more and we have a full team. NO n00bz plis. git gud or git rekt. joking obviously...or am I?

Well no, im not playing overwatch yet, but im planning on getting it, but i dont know when....

#21 August 10 2016

Marduk

MohZz wrote:

Well ... I tried to cover most of the trending games, so you can check them yourself ;)

Nice choices there by the way :)
Just a note about DayZ (it's a very demanding game, unless you have a high end gaming PC don't buy it as for now ;) )
Instead, you could try Miscreated, Shattered Skies or Gloria Victis (if you're into Medieval Era games).

Yeah man, you gotta do what you gotta do ... Minesweeper for life

Dont worry, i think my rig can handle this piece of cake.
True, true, Minesweeper for life

#22 August 10 2016

mohammadk97

It was said before, but definitely Skyrim and The Witcher series are the best games ever to release on PC (Well at least for me).
Portal 2 and Talos principle are great too, but they are not very long.

Currently re-playing Deus Ex Human Revolution until the next Deus Ex gets released at the end of this month. A great game and I recommend trying it out.

Oh, and there is also No Man's Sky, which is to be released in a couple of days.

Last edited by mohammadk97 (August 10 2016)

#23 August 10 2016

Marduk

mohammadk97 wrote:

It was said before, but definitely Skyrim and The Witcher series are the best games ever to release on PC (Well at least for me).
Portal 2 and Talos principle are great too, but they are not very long.

Currently re-playing Deus Ex Human Revolution until the next Deus Ex gets released at the end of this month. A great game and I recommend trying it out.

Oh, and there is also No Man's Sky, which is to be released in a couple of days.

yes no mans sky, totally forgot about it, my friend told me that there a lot of planets in the game(simply endless) and a lot to discover, good thing someone pointed this out.

#24 August 10 2016

Nemesis-301

are you a graphics whore?

#25 August 10 2016

AliAhmad

Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
These are the best games i have played,game play and graphics wise.Haven't played the Witcher 3 yet but I will.

Last edited by AliAhmad (August 10 2016)

Board footer