LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 17 2016

jad594

Two users, one apple ID

My brother and I have separate APPLE ID's. I recently made a new Apple ID so I can download Pokemon GO and all was well, I signed out of the new Apple ID and went back to my own Apple ID and it worked perfectly (note: Pokemon GO has a different G-MAIL for everyone). The next day, my brother went onto the Apple ID that I created new yesterday and downloaded the APP as well and then logged back on to his account. At the moment we are both playing Pokemon GO, there will be an update next week; can we both log onto the APPLE ID that I made and update the app? Or can the update only work on one phone?

Original: I have a concern, I recently made a new gmail account in order to make a apple ID in a new country so I can download Pokemon GO - recently my brother found out the details and he signed into the account I made on his phone and downloaded the application as well. When the time calls for an update for the app, are we both allowed to update the application on our different phones or will it cause problems?

Thank you very much,
Jad594

Last edited by jad594 (July 17 2016)

#2 July 17 2016

MrClass

Re: Two users, one apple ID

You should be fine. A single Apple ID can service up to 5 devices. Though also whatever extra apps you download will also be installed on his device.

Just create a gmail and apple ID for him. Literally take 5 minutes and is free of charge

#3 July 17 2016

jad594

MrClass wrote:

You should be fine. A single Apple ID can service up to 5 devices. Though also whatever extra apps you download will also be installed on his device.

Just create a gmail and apple ID for him. Literally take 5 minutes and is free of charge

Thank you for your reply. We do both have separate Apple ID's, but I made the new Apple ID in Australia because the game is not available in Lebanon. And I cannot make a new account for him because Apple decided to terminate new account openings only for Pokemon and are giving error messages, tried it all day today morning.

Last edited by jad594 (July 17 2016)

#4 July 18 2016

NuclearVision

I don't see where the problem is.
You're being too "cautious".
In a nutshell, you won't face any problems. I've used the same apple id on a dozen of devices,  simultaneously. And yes, US ones.

Board footer