LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 15 2016

Ngel

Re: Pokemon go

I really advice against spoofing. takes away all the fun off the game, and change the whole purpose of it.

#27 July 15 2016

maulader

MrClass wrote:

you need an apple id with US region; changing stores isn't enough

Just tried doing so, for some odd reason when making a new Apple ID, clicking none on payment info gives me an error. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait for official launch.

Still having insane issues on my android mobile though, I have grand 2, could the issue be that my phone isn't powerful enough? I've played it fine for the first day however.

#28 July 15 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Be ready for 100x more car accidents

#29 July 17 2016

NAM

i cant download beirut area for offline maps! any ideas ?

#30 July 17 2016

jad594

: My brother and I have separate APPLE ID's. I recently made a new Apple ID so I can download Pokemon GO and all was well, I signed out of the new Apple ID and went back to my own Apple ID and it worked perfectly (note: Pokemon GO has a different G-MAIL for everyone). The next day, my brother went onto the Apple ID that I created new yesterday and downloaded the APP as well and then logged back on to his account. At the moment we are both playing Pokemon GO, there will be an update next week; can we both log onto the APPLE ID that I made and update the app? Or can the update only work on one phone?

#31 July 17 2016

MrClass

i told you back in your in your post. each apple id supports up to 5 devices. you can update it just fine

#32 July 17 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Servers are overloaded, though perhaps they figured how to block Lebanon users as it's not official here yet

#33 July 17 2016

Ngel

vegetaleb wrote:

Servers are overloaded, though perhaps they figured how to block Lebanon users as it's not official here yet

Good one  but no
http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go
live status of pokemon go servers around the wolrd

#34 July 18 2016

NuclearVision

It's working in lebanon, before 6pm.
But the nature of our country, makes it hard to play for people who live in the mountains.
It really is a city game.

#35 July 20 2016

jad594

Salutations.

I have a question about evolving certain pokemon. I have a Golbat with a CP of 242 and has two sets of attack with (10,15) power respectively. I also have another Zubat with CP of 105 but with a attack set of (10,25). Which one should I evolve? I am confused between whether to prioritize attack sets or CP for evolution. Thank you!

#36 July 20 2016

MAS

Evolve the one with higher CP, since the attack sets may change after evolution.

jad594 wrote:

Salutations.

I have a question about evolving certain pokemon. I have a Golbat with a CP of 242 and has two sets of attack with (10,15) power respectively. I also have another Zubat with CP of 105 but with a attack set of (10,25). Which one should I evolve? I am confused between whether to prioritize attack sets or CP for evolution. Thank you!

#37 July 20 2016

AVOlio

jad594 wrote:

Salutations.

You cannot evolve Golbat further anyway, your only option is to power him up.

And you need to focus always on Powering up every pokemon first, before evolving them.
Or you just wait until you catch a higher cp pokemon, and then evolve that one.

Last edited by AVOlio (July 20 2016)

#38 July 20 2016

Ngel

AVOlio wrote:
jad594 wrote:

Salutations.

You cannot evolve Golbat further anyway, your only option is to power him up.

And you need to focus always on Powering up every pokemon first, before evolving them.
Or you just wait until you catch a higher cp pokemon, and then power that up.

so wrong, on so many levels

#39 July 20 2016

AVOlio

Ngel wrote:

Enlighten me.

#40 July 20 2016

MrClass

AVOlio wrote:
Ngel wrote:

Enlighten me.

Yes please explain

#41 July 20 2016

Ngel

Powering up anything, before at least level 27-30 is completely useless and waste of precious stardust
you might waste an ammount X of stardust on a pokemon, only to find him in the wild, a couple of levels later on with a higher CP than the one you spent Stardust on.
You will need stardust in the BULK in the end-game.
So what you do for now? you evolve all the low-end low-candy pokemons, and use them as power-leveling tools. that's it. before level 27-30, the game is practically a grinding game.
Around 27-30, the CP of the wild pokemon found will plateau, and it is then that would will need Stardust. and the higher the CP, the more stardust u'll need to power up.

#42 July 20 2016

NAM

Ngel wrote:

Powering up anything, before at least level 27-30 is completely useless and waste of precious stardust
you might waste an ammount X of stardust on a pokemon, only to find him in the wild, a couple of levels later on with a higher CP than the one you spent Stardust on.
So what you do for now? you evolve all the low-end low-candy pokemons, and use them as power-leveling tools. that's it. before level 27-30, the game is practically a grinding game.
Around 27-30, the CP of the wild pokemon found will plateau, and it is then that would will need Stardust. and the higher the CP, the more stardust u'll need to power up.

I agree with ngel .. most youtubers that i saw playing the game regret using stardust early on .. even evolving pokemon (the rare ones) is a bad idea before level 20

#43 July 21 2016

AVOlio

Ngel wrote:

I have a couple of 550 eevees that I've powered up,  and I'm waiting to power them up till 700-800 maybe until I evolve.
Finding an eevee with 700-800cp in the wild, is that even possible, even for level 27-30?

I'm level 20 now btw,red team.
Also, you are mangeloco in the game right, I saw some of your Pokémon, in hamra and aschrafieh.
Looks like you go out on hunts daily or something like that,  if you need a Co pilot, I'm in,  I'm familiar with most pokestops in Beirut (from ingress).

#44 July 21 2016

Ngel

AVOlio wrote:
Ngel wrote:

I have a couple of 550 eevees that I've powered up,  and I'm waiting to power them up till 700-800 maybe until I evolve.
Finding an eevee with 700-800cp in the wild, is that even possible, even for level 27-30?

I'm level 20 now btw,red team.
Also, you are mangeloco in the game right, I saw some of your Pokémon, in hamra and aschrafieh.
Looks like you go out on hunts daily or something like that,  if you need a Co pilot, I'm in,  I'm familiar with most pokestops in Beirut (from ingress).

I am level 25 at the moment. and i am getting 600-700 eevee's....

Just dont waste stardust ^.^ quite easy

Euhmm you should join our Telegram group for team valor. PM me for info

#45 July 25 2016

jad594

Dear pokemon trainers,

I am level 15 in Pokemon-Go. I caught yesterday a Poliwhirl with CP 471. I have a Poliwag with CP 281 as well, which when evolved becomes a Poliwhirl. Should I power up my poliwhirl or evolve my Poliwag? This is really confusing.

Thank you!!

#46 July 25 2016

haidcar

they are about the same. check this website if you want to know the CP of your evolutions.
http://pogotoolkit.com

#47 July 26 2016

NuclearVision

Hm i'm bad at this game.
I get bored way too fast, that I never encounter a pokemon.
I caught a pikachu though!

#48 July 26 2016

MAS

where do you play(which area) and you joined any team yet?

NuclearVision wrote:

Hm i'm bad at this game.
I get bored way too fast, that I never encounter a pokemon.
I caught a pikachu though!

#49 July 26 2016

NuclearVision

just under level 5
I play in chouf district, sometimes beirut.

#50 July 27 2016

MAS

Try playing near PokeStops u'll find more Pokemon there, area with multiple PokeStops is the best place to play, try DT and Jbeil

NuclearVision wrote:

just under level 5
I play in chouf district, sometimes beirut.

Board footer