LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 22 2016

Hosni

Digital vs physical copy

Hello guys, i recently got a PS4 with a bunch of games, where i live i trade game for game and pay a difference (assasing creed unity for black ops 3 ill pay 40$ difference) so i am asking you guys is it worth to upgrade my ogero 2mb/40gb to 2mb/unlimited and actually buying digital copy, and is it dangerous to buy games using that temporary account thing?

#2 May 22 2016

elchebib

Re: Digital vs physical copy

I don't understand what you mean about the temporary account thing.

But whether or not to buy digital vs physical is up to you. Even with the unlimited package from Ogero, such a speed will take ages to download the newer games. Some games are close to 20 GB and others are even more than that. In addition, you have to deal with the quality of the connection and the possibility of the internet going down during the middle of the download forcing you to start all over again. I remember one time I tried downloading Borderlands: The Pre-sequel and it took me one week to get it started. It took a lot of time to download. In addition, I had to restart the download several times because of error messages while installing the game.

In my opinion, in countries like Lebanon, go buy a physical game. At the very least, you can play the game as soon as you get it and would not have to wait for several days to play it. In addition, you'll have the advantage of selling it later on to recuperate some of the costs that you put in for the game.

In countries with decent and stable internet connections, buying digital is a viable option where you can preload the game on your system and play it as soon as you come back home from school/college/work. Until Lebanon gets anywhere near that in terms of connectivity, I say go for the physical copies.

Last edited by elchebib (May 22 2016)

#3 May 23 2016

rolf

If you buy a game like COD, then every update is a trazillion gigabytes and you will have to download that anyway.

Last edited by rolf (May 23 2016)

#4 May 23 2016

elchebib

Thats right. But instead of downloading the game and the update, you will only have to deal with the update if you have a physical copy of the game. This way, at least you will have something to play if the downloads keep breaking up.

Board footer