LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 16 2016

MohammedSF

Need someone to buy this game for me..

Hello geeks,

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I'm looking for someone to buy DOOM 2016 for PC from Steam "as a gift to my email or steam account" since my online shopping card has been banned due to the latest intermediary circular issued by the Central Bank.

Ready to pay acceptable fee with much appreciation..

#2 May 17 2016

ironman

Re: Need someone to buy this game for me..

i can do it bro, i don't want a fee, ill PM you

#3 May 17 2016

OdeToDeath

I've been considering getting DOOM on steam , but with my limited internet plan i can't really download the game .

If you're cool with it ,  I'd really like to get the game files from you ( i live around beirut ) and I'm ready to pay a fee for it .

#4 May 17 2016

MohammedSF

ironman wrote:

i can do it bro, i don't want a fee, ill PM you

Thanks bro, I appreciate your help but I got it already :)

OdeToDeath wrote:

I've been considering getting DOOM on steam , but with my limited internet plan i can't really download the game .

If you're cool with it ,  I'd really like to get the game files from you ( i live around beirut ) and I'm ready to pay a fee for it .

I was about to pre-order a physical copy of it but I cancelled at the last moment when I've found "accidentally" that it'll be released on a single DVD9 disc, it was about to be the must stupid thing I ever did in my life.. buying an 8.5GB disc from the U.S, paying for international shipping, vat & customs, then forced to download the rest of the game (+35GB) !

Yeah that's cool, I'm currently downloading and it's 43.8GB on steam (around 55GB unpacked), I'll update whenever it's completed..SOON :)

Last edited by MohammedSF (May 17 2016)

#5 May 18 2016

Ngel

i am sitting on a 100mbps up/down if you guys are in a hurry for it...

#6 May 18 2016

hkbazzi

Ngel wrote:

throw me a cat5 cable please! <3

#7 May 18 2016

MohammedSF

Ngel wrote:

I'm not gonna ask where did you get that cuz I'm sitting on 65Mbps too.. lol

I've downloaded 35GB last night and can't wait to get back home to resume downloading and play :)

PS: it seems like Steam throttles the bandwidth to the middle east cuz it bursts to 65Mbps but settles at 20~25Mbps whatever server you pick !

Last edited by MohammedSF (May 18 2016)

#8 May 18 2016

Ngel

MohammedSF wrote:
Ngel wrote:

I've downloaded 35GB last night and can't wait to get back home to resume downloading and play :)

PS: it seems like Steam throttles the bandwidth to the middle east cuz it bursts to 65Mbps but settles at 20~25Mbps whatever server you pick !

Long Live VPS's my friend!

BUT i never had a throttling issue...

#9 May 18 2016

m0ei

Some explanation please on how and where you're getting that internet up/down speed from?

Last edited by m0ei (May 18 2016)

#10 May 18 2016

OdeToDeath

Thanks for answering mohammedsf . 0.1 MBps kbps ( with FUP ) here :) . I'm sure those astronomical speeds ( 50 mbps+ ) aren't really affordable for any low end company and even less for personnal use here lol .

Personally , for huge games , i download them when i'm back in france ( 350+ mbps fiber ) or ask relatives living there to get me the files . No alternatives till now sadly

Edit : M0ei , they probably have a deal with a local cable company or got a dedicated line from a big ISP ( Ogero , cyberia , ect ) . Don t really know about VPSes that Ngel talked about

Last edited by OdeToDeath (May 18 2016)

#11 May 18 2016

ironman

I think VPS's are used to bypass throttling or Qos imposed by the service provider, but if you have 2 Mbps connection, it will remain a 2Mbps connection

#12 May 18 2016

MohammedSF

Ngel wrote:
MohammedSF wrote:
Ngel wrote:

Long Live VPS's my friend!

BUT i never had a throttling issue...

Do you mean no throttling from steam ?

For me it bursts to 8MB/s for 15 seconds max, then drop slowly to 2.4~3.1MB/s "2.4MB most of the time", if I pause and resume downloading it happens again... 8MB/s for 10~15 seconds :s

Downloading through IDM (Internet Download Manager) by using 16/32 connections gives a steady 8~9.5MB/s (64~76Mbps) so either steam is throttling bandwidths to the Middle East or steam app is a total crap..

m0ei wrote:

Some explanation please on how and where you're getting that internet up/down speed from?

OdeToDeath wrote:

Thanks for answering mohammedsf . 0.1 MBps kbps ( with FUP ) here :) . I'm sure those astronomical speeds ( 50 mbps+ ) aren't really affordable for any low end company and even less for personnal use here lol .

Personally , for huge games , i download them when i'm back in france ( 350+ mbps fiber ) or ask relatives living there to get me the files . No alternatives till now sadly

Edit : M0ei , they probably have a deal with a local cable company or got a dedicated line from a big ISP ( Ogero , cyberia , ect ) . Don t really know about VPSes that Ngel talked about

I don't have any deals from any company.. I'm just a poor lebanese guy living his life with a sh!tty 2~4Mbps line like everybody else :(

It's just a line that I can use on emergencies at some ISP and guess what ??

one day, I sat in front of a devil that cranks 660Mbps !! I was shocked and didn't know what to do, I was like "google... facebook..." haha

#13 May 24 2016

MohammedSF

Sorry for my late update guys :s

I've got the game and made a steam backup in 11*4.7GB folders, ready to burn on 11 regular SL-DVD's

If anyone want the game files just drop a PM

Last edited by MohammedSF (May 24 2016)

Board footer