LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 2 2016

elchebib

New Call of Duty Infinite Wars trailer

I don't care about the series that much anymore. I used to play them up until modern warfare 3 and then meh.

Anyways, I found it interesting that the trailer for the latest game has the Lebanese flag strapped to the arms of a bunch of soldiers that you control. There was a british flag so I guess its part of the character customization.

I wonder what made them choose the Lebanese flag among others. It did show up several times and it is quite clear.

The trailer is up at IGN. I guess its available elsewhere too

Check it out

#2 May 2 2016

Adnan

Re: New Call of Duty Infinite Wars trailer

https://youtu.be/ENkfuzeBdRE 2:14

I watched the trailer merely because you said it has the Lebanese flag, lol.

#3 May 2 2016

arached

Actually it shows up 3 times and it's the only flag that i've  noticed other than the british. It got me wonder why the lebanese flag and why on a women soldier. All i know it's a nice move from activision to advertise the game but they can dream of faccing battelfield specialy a ww2 battelfield ;)

#4 May 2 2016

elchebib

Yeah. Will see how battlefield will pan out.

I don't know how Battlefield and Call of Duty will be able to sustain interest given the number of competitive first person shooters out there on consoles, let alone the PC world. But it will be inter sting nonetheless.

#5 May 3 2016

port80

I am guessing a Lebanese dev working on the game got a chance to choose the flag and chose his own

#6 May 3 2016

elchebib

port80 wrote:

I am guessing a Lebanese dev working on the game got a chance to choose the flag and chose his own

Thats my guess too. Because even the 30-seconds ads they are running includes the shots with the flag.

#7 May 3 2016

ballad

it looks like it has been made in 12minutes, last 3 cod releases are all the same

#8 May 4 2016

Johnaudi

Let's hope it's actually the Lebanese flag meant to be, not just some developer searched for a flag with a tree to give make a team of tree-planting soldiers...

#9 May 4 2016

bermudapineapple

I noticed that as well yesterday. That footage is campaign footage so it seems Lebanon plays a role in the campaign. Strange.

#10 May 4 2016

Johnaudi

I think it's an important role too, in the trailer, the woman who has the Lebanon flag also goes mourning the dead soldiers with her seargant suit. Seems quite important to me.

#11 May 4 2016

LifeEngineer

Yeah maybe has something to do with the Lebanese Army conflicts with ISIS on our borders. Just guessing...

#12 May 4 2016

bermudapineapple

LifeEngineer wrote:

Yeah maybe has something to do with the Lebanese Army conflicts with ISIS on our borders. Just guessing...

ISIS in space? This is a whole new level of terrorism.

#13 May 4 2016

elchebib

Not to burst your bubble or anything but I think its just part of the character customization. You choose your character gender, body type, etc and some type of insignia and I guess the flag is part of that too.

#14 May 4 2016

Anthony2000

elchebib wrote:

Not to burst your bubble or anything but I think its just part of the character customization. You choose your character gender, body type, etc and some type of insignia and I guess the flag is part of that too.

nah man that woman will be a main character in the story, she appeared in multiple cut scenes

#15 May 5 2016

LifeEngineer

tt400 wrote:

ISIS in space? This is a whole new level of terrorism.

Well why not!? After all the game is futuristic and sci-fi; so maybe a scenario of what could happen if let's say ISIS kept growing and expanding...

Board footer