LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 April 4 2016

Tech Guru

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or IPhone 6s or LG G5

Well I am most certainly made up my mind :

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Gold from CTC along with the VR , But I will wait to see when the 64 GB Version will be release or I will grab soon the 32GB Version , reasons:

- A Very Versatile Phone with Great Premium Looks (Glass and Aluminium)
- I have the Exynos 8890 Octa Over the Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Very Positive Reviews (Tech Websites and You Tube Tech Channels)  comparatively with the LG G5 and the IPhone 6s 
- Real Water Resistant not a Marketing Hype (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37wmlgLAjI)
-From the Reviews the LG G5 seems innovative but a hit and miss this year with problems in the colors reproduction. 
-Lumia 950xl is very strong but is windows 10 , feels plastic"ish" , and hard to sell/trade mainly in Lebanon / Later on.
- HTC 10  seems sold , but I prefer Samsung - I will give a skim on the soon release reviews but initially (http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137182- … difference)
-Iphone 6s Pus vs S7 Edge : I will stick with Android , SD Memory , IP68

#27 April 4 2016

arached

vegetaleb wrote:
ballad wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

iphones is just simply a legend made by heavy marketing, it's really not better than other brands, now do you want a simple but boring phone like iphone or a slightly more complicated (OS) one but with so much customization,kernel,roms,mods that you won't ever get bored?

they don't only do good marketing, they do good R&D, hence they are stable

This is bullshit
iphone 6 and 6s are not more stable than Android phones, I wasted my time showing you tons of proofs for nothing apparently!
I hope you have an official warranty on your iphone or else you will have to pay very high for repair
Geez I thought we had real geeks here and not typical Lebanese robots repeating apple isheeps BS, it remembers me of Service drivers sayings: Mercedes and BMW are the best and whatever other BS about worshiped brands.

Look everyone gets it you're an die hard htc fan and i was one too but you can't go and bash the iphone because you don't like it! i've lived with both android and iphone for so long now and i can tell the iphone is FAR more stable than android. no android survived more than a year with me even the htc while the iphone 5 survived 3 years and still running like new. So you saw some iphone getting repaired? What a big deal go to a cellular shop and see how many android have to be repaired. Now i understand you like mods,etc... but like @MrClass said not everyone have the time for that most of people just want an reliable stable phone and like it or not this is what the iphone is .

#28 April 4 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

ballad wrote:
mmk92 wrote:

@vegetaleb Those are some sound eye-opening arguments you're raising there.

I'm convinced too, brb going to buy an HTC

Wow!
So isheep sayings that iphone 6 is indestructible and super stable is very scientific and  sound eye-opening arguments, yeah right! Hahahaha
All I wanted to show you based on Real experience, is that iphone 6 and 6s are not perfect and are not as stable as some isheep try to say.

@Tech Guru Mabrouk on your S7 Edge, VR is a very good gadget specially with VR adult movies ;)

#29 April 4 2016

arached

vegetaleb wrote:
ballad wrote:
mmk92 wrote:

Wow!
So isheep sayings that iphone 6 is indestructible and super stable is very scientific and  sound eye-opening arguments, yeah right! Hahahaha
All I wanted to show you based on Real experience, is that iphone 6 and 6s are not perfect and are not as stable as some isheep try to say.

@Tech Guru Mabrouk on your S7 Edge, VR is a very good gadget specially with VR adult movies ;)

No one can deny that there is some malfunctioning iphones but neither you can deny that there malfunctioning htc or any other android brand. But what matter is when you look at the numbers and see how many any android brand get's malfunction units and how many iphone gets. And some naming them isheeps because that show how biased and close minded you are.

#30 April 4 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

arached wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
ballad wrote:

Wow!

No one can deny that there is some malfunctioning iphones but neither you can deny that there malfunctioning htc or any other android brand. But what matter is when you look at the numbers and see how many any android brand get's malfunction units and how many iphone gets. And some naming them isheeps because that show how biased and close minded you are.

Well I call isheep anyone saying non-sense about iphones (close minded iphone lovers)
I never said HTC or any other Android brands are flawless, HTC M7 had purple tint camera, old HTC phones were bloated,bad 4mp camera choice on M8...
Believe me in my short training experience at istyle I saw so many iphones going to repair per day that I can't  say only a few are like Lebanese people tend to say. It's a reality, mass production = less quality whatever is the brand (again)
Saying iphones are rarely having problems is just how good marketing brainwashing effect is ;)

#31 April 4 2016

MrClass

@vegetaleb: What do you think about Android's garbage collection? Don't you think there is an optimization issue that needs to be resolved?

#32 April 4 2016

haidcar

@vegetaleb No one in this forum have ever claimed iphones are the indestructible, perfect super phoned they are!

If you are talking about some Apple fanboys who have no idea what they are talking about, that's something else, and trust me android fanboys are 100x worse, with their 4k screens 8 core processors, and 4GB of ram. As a matter of fact, i find android fans falling for this "marketing" much more than an apple fan!

Most people that buy an iphone want a solid smartphone that looks good, got excellent performance, and a phone that is reliable.

#33 April 4 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

haidcar wrote:

@vegetaleb No one in this forum have ever claimed iphones are the indestructible, perfect super phoned they are!

If you are talking about some Apple fanboys who have no idea what they are talking about, that's something else, and trust me android fanboys are 100x worse, with their 4k screens 8 core processors, and 4GB of ram. As a matter of fact, i find android fans falling for this "marketing" much more than an apple fan!

Most people that buy an iphone want a solid smartphone that looks good, got excellent performance, and a phone that is reliable.

Well here an example
''When you "level up" in life and you have a million responsibilities, you don't have time for solving these shitty issues. You need something that works anywhere and anytime.

For me an iPhone 6s or Lumia can do that.''

So I guess people who don't level up in life don't buy iphones, I think it's pretty insulting to me.
Yes I agree wit your last sentence about how Lebanese lambda people think, but what I am killing myself to explain here is that it's not true at all for the reliability part.

Last edited by vegetaleb (April 4 2016)

#34 April 4 2016

ragdoll

vegetaleb wrote:
mmk92 wrote:

Well after years working in Marketing, after seeing numerous TV documents about apple and my own experience with apple from the inside, yes I can say many people are just following myth (iphone) about the perfect, very stable phone.
Technical details so I can give some tech appeal why iphone is beaten?
Well screen resolution for example
MODS
ROMS
Kernels
Memory SD
Access to internal memory from PC without using itunes
Security is not as pain in the ass as ios, you lost your password? oh sorry you lost your 800$ phone.

As some people said in other thread, Lebanese love show-off, showing a 800$ phone (and 1400$ when just out) is part of that, other just want to be part of the ''group'', ''oh you don't have an iphone? I pity you''

See, the thing with iPhones is that they're designed to do one thing and they do it well. There is no arguing that. My sister has had her 5S for 2 years now and I've never heard her complaining about a single thing. My cousin owned the 5S, 6 and now has the 6S. He never complains either. Neither do the other iPhone owners I know. iPhones are made for people who just want to use a phone that works smoothly and has a premium feel.

Are they overpriced? Maybe. I personally think they are. I'm on a $350 phone and I'd pick it over any iPhone 10 times out of 10. No, NOT because iPhones are bad. But because they're not what I'm looking for. I want the open ecosystem and being able to root, block ads, flash custom ROMs, Kernels, battery optimization mods, etc... Some people don't want that. They just want a phone that runs the mainstream apps with ease and stability. And I say an iPhone is perfect for them.

Yes. Stability. iPhones have far fewer stability issues than Android phones. And I will claim that I have first-hand experience, like you did. You say you saw way more iPhones going for repair, yes? To what did you compare that?

"iPhone is very boring. Samsung is cheap TW." ---> Opinion.

You have a problem with realizing people have differing opinions. Not everyone likes HTC. Just live with that. You can't convince everyone to love them.

You said: "this time HTC will make you forget the M9". That was said for the M8 after the M7 (which is still the best HTC phone in my opinion) and the M9 after the M8 and the A9. I still can't forget those.

If you think people are brainwashed you should get a reality check. HTC reps must be living under your bed.

#35 April 4 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

ragdoll wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
mmk92 wrote:

Well after years working in Marketing, after seeing numerous TV documents about apple and my own experience with apple from the inside, yes I can say many people are just following myth (iphone) about the perfect, very stable phone.
Technical details so I can give some tech appeal why iphone is beaten?
Well screen resolution for example
MODS
ROMS
Kernels
Memory SD
Access to internal memory from PC without using itunes
Security is not as pain in the ass as ios, you lost your password? oh sorry you lost your 800$ phone.

As some people said in other thread, Lebanese love show-off, showing a 800$ phone (and 1400$ when just out) is part of that, other just want to be part of the ''group'', ''oh you don't have an iphone? I pity you''

See, the thing with iPhones is that they're designed to do one thing and they do it well. There is no arguing that. My sister has had her 5S for 2 years now and I've never heard her complaining about a single thing. My cousin owned the 5S, 6 and now has the 6S. He never complains either. Neither do the other iPhone owners I know. iPhones are made for people who just want to use a phone that works smoothly and has a premium feel.

Are they overpriced? Maybe. I personally think they are. I'm on a $350 phone and I'd pick it over any iPhone 10 times out of 10. No, NOT because iPhones are bad. But because they're not what I'm looking for. I want the open ecosystem and being able to root, block ads, flash custom ROMs, Kernels, battery optimization mods, etc... Some people don't want that. They just want a phone that runs the mainstream apps with ease and stability. And I say an iPhone is perfect for them.

Yes. Stability. iPhones have far fewer stability issues than Android phones. And I will claim that I have first-hand experience, like you did. You say you saw way more iPhones going for repair, yes? To what did you compare that?

"iPhone is very boring. Samsung is cheap TW." ---> Opinion.

You have a problem with realizing people have differing opinions. Not everyone likes HTC. Just live with that. You can't convince everyone to love them.

You said: "this time HTC will make you forget the M9". That was said for the M8 after the M7 (which is still the best HTC phone in my opinion) and the M9 after the M8 and the A9. I still can't forget those.

If you think people are brainwashed you should get a reality check. HTC reps must be living under your bed.

Thanks! You just helped me to show the admin how I get personal attacks and that I am not the only one to flame this thread with apple vs android war. You have problem with your eyes apparently, I never obliged anyone to like HTC, you are free to buy whatever you like but don't feel obliged to attack me if I said the truth about the poor reliability of iphones :)
Oh and guess what? I had an S6 and a G4 this year, dunno how I am a blind HTC fanboy to stay months with a LG...go figures

Last edited by vegetaleb (April 4 2016)

#36 April 4 2016

ragdoll

You're very sensitive if you think every criticism directed towards you is an "attack".

You didn't reply to anything else I said and said nothing other than how there's a "poor reliability of iphones".

You shouldn't argue if you reply to 10% of an argument.

#37 April 4 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

ragdoll wrote:

You're very sensitive if you think every criticism directed towards you is an "attack".

You didn't reply to anything else I said and said nothing other than how there's a "poor reliability of iphones".

Please continue, it's even better

#38 April 4 2016

arached

vegetaleb wrote:
ragdoll wrote:

My friend, i know it's not my fight, but no one attacked you and in fact when you call iphone users isheeps and i don't know what else, you're attacking them! Being an ex-iphone owner i was offended like any other iphone owner. We're not saying you should own an iphone to level up in life but we're saying that not everybody have the time and the energy for custom roms,etc... so they prefer a stable reliable phone like the iphone. So please stop taking everything like an insult while you're insulting other and stop being so biased toward android and specialy htc .No one saying that android and htc aren't good but you can't keep bashing the iphone just because you don't like it. Thanks for your understanding

#39 April 4 2016

ragdoll

vegetaleb wrote:

I rest my case.

#40 April 4 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

arached wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
ragdoll wrote:

My friend, i know it's not my fight, but no one attacked you and in fact when you call iphone users isheeps and i don't know what else, you're attacking them! Being an ex-iphone owner i was offended like any other iphone owner. We're not saying you should own an iphone to level up in life but we're saying that not everybody have the time and the energy for custom roms,etc... so they prefer a stable reliable phone like the iphone. So please stop taking everything like an insult while you're insulting other and stop being so biased toward android and specialy htc .No one saying that android and htc aren't good but you can't keep bashing the iphone just because you don't like it. Thanks for your understanding

Well you keep repeating the same errors about me:
-I said I called isheep people who follow blindly the iphones myth that they are perfect and won't get problems, I didn't say any iphone user. don't make me say something I didn't say.
-I said numerous times that iphones are not reliable, I am not saying android are better nor iphones are better.
I reckon most of you have iphones and felt offended by what I said, but I just said the truth about the fact iphones can be laggy,they can have problems as much as android and so they are not more reliable, if you can't accept that then I am not the only fanboy here.

#41 April 4 2016

mmk92

Can you please stop attacking me and calling me a sheep

#42 April 4 2016

MrClass

@vegetaleb: then explain why you have 8 HTC phones but still not considered a die hard?

#43 April 4 2016

haidcar

@vegetaleb Please don't take things too personally, we are nearly trying to discuss a matter here like adults.

You worked at an iStyle for couple months, and you got many iphones for repair. Istyle is among the few Apple certified service centers. It's like working at car dealership and you claim that their cars are not reliable because people keep getting their car for repair.

Are iPhones more reliable in general than iphones, yes they could be, not by using magic, but rather a combination of QC and software updates.  But that's not say iPhones are magical perfect devices that never fail.

Most of my friends are using iphones, never heard anyone complaining how unreliable iphones are, they do complain however on battery life those who are on non plus model. then again my argument should be also be taken with a grain of salt, since my friends are not a representative sample that i can base a hypothesis .

#44 April 4 2016

hussam

My technical understanding is:
Android kernel is better (a Linux kernel) but google apps are slow since they have too many compatibility APIs. Samsung seems to ship with really great cameras. ART is good in terms of speed (better than dalvik) but it is a "WindowsXP->Windows7" grade jump so only good on faster hardware.
Iphone userspace is better since native apps are objective-c if I understand correctly so theoretically perform better than Android apps if both ran identical hardware.

Last edited by hussam (April 4 2016)

#45 April 4 2016

NuclearVision

I don't understand how people buy iphones to show off, while some android devices outprice iphones.
It's just a personal taste, just like eating rice with chicken or meat хD
My experience : I used iphones and android, android is more customizable, but iphones are more stable.

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 4 2016)

#46 April 4 2016

hussam

Don't forget that Apple makes IOS so they control everything which adds integration and stability (same model as FreeBSD, etc...).
Samsung/htc/LG, etc... use AOSP and add their modification to the Linux kernel, the slap on a launcher and some vendor apps.
I've never used an iphone so most of my opinions are theoretical.

#47 April 4 2016

ragdoll

hussam wrote:

Don't forget that Apple makes IOS so they control everything which adds integration and stability (same model as FreeBSD, etc...).
Samsung/htc/LG, etc... use AOSP and add their modification to the Linux kernel, the slap on a launcher and some vendor apps.
I've never used an iphone so most of my opinions are theoretical.

That and the in-house processors they make.

#48 April 4 2016

Salloum

Its a huge advantage when the same company makes everything from top to bottom (hardware, chipset, OS). The optimization levels are very high. iPhones have dual-core SoCs and 2gb RAM but are on par or slightly higher than Android flagships with octacore chips and 4gigs of RAM  in benchmarks. Same for battery life, 2750mA on 6s+ and it outlasts the S7 edge with 3600mA. Optimization is very important, more so than specs

#49 April 4 2016

hussam

Apple userspace is natively compiled machine code thus executes faster. Android userspace is java (with the overhead of an interpreter).

Last edited by hussam (April 4 2016)

#50 April 5 2016

ironman

Why do you insist on discussing the subject?

we all got the point that NO ONE will change his opinion, iPhone haters will never like the iPhone
and iPhone lovers will never an android right?

Board footer