LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 23 2015

Ngel

Streaming on Twitch every night

Hey guys!

After a lot of struggle, I managed to pull a decent upload connection, and now am streaming every night, on Twitch.

My first stream was the 1st of December, and till now, I have 280 followers and over 800 views.

I mostly stream CS:GO, Dota 2, and some SMITE.

Stream quality is 720p30fps, clean and stable.

I would definitely love the local support.

Hope to see you there guys. Drop by, say hello, show some love on the chat :) And of course, always open for comments!

See you there!

Link to my stream: www.twitch.com/mangeloco

#2 December 24 2015

NAM

Re: Streaming on Twitch every night

Can you tell us about your connection and how you got it ? all of us are struggling with upload here

#3 December 24 2015

TheStunMan

NAM wrote:

Can you tell us about your connection and how you got it ? all of us are struggling with upload here

I've heard about a new company installing satellite connections with 20mbps upload speed in dekwane-achrafie. Dunno if its the same company he got the connection from. But seriously what is the idea behind twitch... we used to have friends that we play together, with today's technology this trend has dangerous side affects in my opinion.

Last edited by TheStunMan (December 24 2015)

#4 December 24 2015

Ngel

@NAM i just made a deal with a local internet provider. costs me a hefty price, but i need that upload

@TheStunMan it is illegal to sell upload internet if it does not come from Ogero...

#5 December 24 2015

Joe

This is great. Good traffic you got there.
I'm interested in Dota 2 streaming. What's your MMR? What types of heroes do you play?

Most importantly what time do you usually stream?

#6 December 24 2015

RoyNm

-

Last edited by RoyNm (3 weeks ago)

#7 December 24 2015

Ngel

nice to see so much interest :)

I stream mostly every night, from 8-9pm till 11-12pm
I do regular giveaways for CS:GO skins usually the whole weekend.

Hope to see you guys there :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

#8 December 26 2015

Ngel

Already 620 followers and 1300 views :)

Streaming SMITE now and CS:GO in a bit!

Getting some local love and support would really be nice!

Hope to see you guys there!!

www.twitch.tv/mangeloco

#9 December 27 2015

Silentcontrol

Joe wrote:

I'm interested in Dota 2 streaming. What's your MMR? What types of heroes do you play?

He's good, and his friends are great too. Especially go_ofy

Last edited by Silentcontrol (December 27 2015)

#10 December 28 2015

Ngel

Joe wrote:

Joe i haven't played rank since the early ranked system, so my rank was left around 3300, but you would be up for a treat seeing me play now :)

Getting more and more Lebanese viewers everyday! You guys are awesome! Thank you!

#11 December 30 2015

Cpt.Majed

Nice stream man , i was watching the giveaway tonight and i really liked the energy and the hype.

It's nice to see a Lebanese gamer stream

#12 December 30 2015

Silentcontrol

Cpt.Majed wrote:

Nice stream man , i was watching the giveaway tonight and i really liked the energy and the hype.

i agree and people are watching from everywhere fun people like a really fun group

#13 December 30 2015

Ngel

Glad that you liked it :)

All comments and critics are welcome guys! I really could use it!

BTW, Streaming Rainbow 6: Siege now! :)

Cpt.Majed wrote:

#14 December 30 2015

RoyNm

-

Last edited by RoyNm (3 weeks ago)

#15 December 31 2015

Ngel

RoyNm wrote:

Really loved the stream! Would def. recommend

Thanks a lot Roy! Glad you are enjoying it :)

Looking forward for all the local support i could get!

P.S: I would be doing a New year eve stream, for whoever is staying home and unable to go anywhere ^^

Happy new year everyone!

#16 January 6 2016

shaybuss

Hey man gratz on being the first twitch streamer in Lebanon! Unfortunately I can't watch your stream because you only have one quality avaiable(720p) and I can only watch on mobile or low. Are you forced to stream at 1080p to get the other qualities available?

#17 January 7 2016

Totoro

shaybuss wrote:

Hey man gratz on being the first twitch streamer in Lebanon! Unfortunately I can't watch your stream because you only have one quality avaiable(720p) and I can only watch on mobile or low. Are you forced to stream at 1080p to get the other qualities available?

I believe you can only change video quality options if you are partnered or if your number of viewers increases to a certain amount.

#18 January 7 2016

Ngel

shaybuss wrote:

Totoro is right, in order to get get the Quality option, you have to have a partnership with Twitch, or have someone get it to you by signing a contract with them, i.e ESL

I am streaming at 720p30fps, not 1080p. According to my calculations and reports from my viewers, anything from 2mbps and above should be able to watch it nice and smooth, as long as you do get your 2mbps from your package.

I am working long and hard on growing fast, so I could get the Transcode option, my main goal is to grow locally.

#19 January 7 2016

Elied

Ngel wrote:
shaybuss wrote:

Totoro is right, in order to get get the Quality option, you have to have a partnership with Twitch, or have someone get it to you by signing a contract with them, i.e ESL

I am streaming at 720p30fps, not 1080p. According to my calculations and reports from my viewers, anything from 2mbps and above should be able to watch it nice and smooth, as long as you do get your 2mbps from your package.

I am working long and hard on growing fast, so I could get the Transcode option, my main goal is to grow locally.

First of all keep up the great work, and just a though but in order for you to grow locally you would need to comply with the local demand which is a quality which the Lebanese community can watch without much problems. Considering most people have 2mbps plans and on average only get half of that, it would be wise to have a more suitable quality like 360 or 480 for the helpless people of Lebanon to be able to enjoy the stream. So basically in order to grow locally you'd need the video quality option first. Your call though, and I'm dropping by once in a while and honestly finding it quite entertaining. So hang in there and good luck.

#20 January 7 2016

Silentcontrol

Elied wrote:
Ngel wrote:
shaybuss wrote:

First of all keep up the great work, and just a though but in order for you to grow locally you would need to comply with the local demand which is a quality which the Lebanese community can watch without much problems. Considering most people have 2mbps plans and on average only get half of that, it would be wise to have a more suitable quality like 360 or 480 for the helpless people of Lebanon to be able to enjoy the stream. So basically in order to grow locally you'd need the video quality option first. Your call though, and I'm dropping by once in a while and honestly finding it quite entertaining. So hang in there and good luck.

nice idea but he still need out of the area views so he get enough views to get the option buttons .

#21 March 26 2016

Ngel

Am back at streaming!!
and this time, i fixed the quality! anyone with 2 mbps can watch it flawlessly Y.Y
I am mostly streaming Dota 2 and Cs:GO! i would really love to grow that community and have lebanese people around... the whole party on Teamspeak is taking Lebanese ^.^

See you there !

www.twitch.tv/mangeloco

#22 July 8 2016

Ngel

Hey guys :)
Weird but good news, I am now streaming on Youtube, with the quality option and everything  So now, i can stream at 1080p, and you guys can just lower the quality to suit your connection :)
Hope to see you guys there 

Youtube.com/mangeloco

Board footer