LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 3 2015

dio

Downloading A Game

Hey guys, I need to download about 25 gb on Steam soon and I realized thats about half my monthly quota and I don't think it's feasible to do.

I contacted Spotnet and they allow you to come and download with your laptop... The problem is that they charge $4 per 1gb and that adds up to $100 which is a bit much lol.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 November 3 2015

AVOlio

Re: Downloading A Game

If you have friends with Unlimited Ogero, they can download it for you overnight! (because they will be using the internet during the day,duh).
It might probably take 2-3 nights, so go for that.

I can help if you cant find anyone.

#3 November 3 2015

Anthony2000

subscribed to unlimited night traffic with IDM, i just keep my download running from 11pm to 7am and never download in day time.

#4 November 3 2015

NAM

dio wrote:

Hey guys, I need to download about 25 gb on Steam soon and I realized thats about half my monthly quota and I don't think it's feasible to do.

I contacted Spotnet and they allow you to come and download with your laptop... The problem is that they charge $4 per 1gb and that adds up to $100 which is a bit much lol.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

What game is it ? if we have it we can help you with it

#5 November 3 2015

bermudapineapple

I have the unlimited Ogero plan but I'm busy downloading my own games/movies at night.

#6 November 3 2015

Georges00

25gb mmm is it it Diablo 3?

#7 November 3 2015

ballad

Georges00 wrote:

blizzard is not on steam

#8 November 4 2015

Nemesis-301

ballad wrote:
Georges00 wrote:

blizzard is not on steam

And Diablo 3 is like 13.6gb...

#9 November 4 2015

Georges00

I didnt read the Steam part. My bad.
And it said 25gb last time I checked which was 1 week ago.

#10 November 4 2015

Satfoun
Banned

25Gb , it takes like 2 nights to be finished of it is on constant 550-600KB\s
But my laptop been dead for like a week now and did nit dwnld anything

#11 November 4 2015

dio

Lol i'm loving the guesses guys!

It's Fallout 4! Where are my Nuka-Cola lovers at!?

Problem is, I have Ogero and Im not about to switch ISPs for the unlimited because honestly, the connection I have is really really stable, fast and never falters. Plus doing that would take like a month to switch.

Here's the problem, normally Id just order the game from abroad (cuz yknow, PC games here are a joke), and install it via DVD, but the company has decided to only included 4.7gb of data on the disk and the remainder you will have to download off of Steam, they're doing this for piracy issues and I don't blame them.

So I think my best bet would be just pay the $100 at Spotnet? I mean if I choose to dl it at home Im going to have to pay for the additional quota right?

I dunno. :/

#12 November 4 2015

chosen2k

Ogero: Note: As of July 2014, if you exceed the free granted monthly volume for your plan, you'll be charged
2000 L.L for each additional 1GB or percenatge of 2000 L.L relative to the percentage Of 1GB used .
This extra charge will be based on the total of the download excess and upload excess if any.

So it's cheaper at your home

Last edited by chosen2k (November 4 2015)

#13 November 4 2015

AVOlio

@Dio
Changing the internet to unlimited will not mess up your connection.
Its as stable as any connection currently in Lebanon, with the most amazing pings you'll ever see.

#14 November 4 2015

bermudapineapple

Why is Fallout 4 25GB? Don't Bethesda have some crazy compression software that they used with Skyrim? I remember the entire game being around 7GB at launch.

#15 November 4 2015

Nemesis-301

how about this? when the game comes out, buy the pirated version from a dvd shop, or get it from someone who plans to download the torrent, and then just download the important files that need to be changed...

#16 November 4 2015

Die_Kapitan

dio wrote:

the company has decided to only included 4.7gb of data on the disk and the remainder you will have to download off of Steam, they're doing this for piracy issues and I don't blame them.

They do know that it'll only delay the release of the torrent by like three or four days at best, so why did they do this?

Last edited by Die_Kapitan (November 4 2015)

#17 November 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

tt400 wrote:

Why is Fallout 4 25GB? Don't Bethesda have some crazy compression software that they used with Skyrim? I remember the entire game being around 7GB at launch.

Wait for a repack on torrent then, they cut down the file size by 50%

#18 November 4 2015

dio

tt400 wrote:

I'm only assuming its 25GB because that's the console download size. I'm estimating that that's how big the game is going to be.  Besides that, they claimed that the game is about 3x the size of Skyrim (map-wise) so you can conclude that it will be about that much bigger.

I guess I could wait for a repack.

@AVOlio, my current ping on Dota 2 and BF4 is around 60-70ms. I disabled Interleaving so I doubt IDM will perform better than Ogero. I could be wrong, but isn't the unlimited package from IDM only 2mb? If so, id rather have a limited connection at 4mb speeds.

#19 November 4 2015

Doom

dio wrote:
tt400 wrote:

I'm only assuming its 25GB because that's the console download size. I'm estimating that that's how big the game is going to be.  Besides that, they claimed that the game is about 3x the size of Skyrim (map-wise) so you can conclude that it will be about that much bigger.

I guess I could wait for a repack.

@AVOlio, my current ping on Dota 2 and BF4 is around 60-70ms. I disabled Interleaving so I doubt IDM will perform better than Ogero. I could be wrong, but isn't the unlimited package from IDM only 2mb? If so, id rather have a limited connection at 4mb speeds.

He meant the unlimited package from ogero!2mbps 50$ tho.

Last edited by Doom (November 4 2015)

#20 November 4 2015

Georges00

Switch to Ogero unlimited for this month which is 50$. Download whatever you want. Switch back to your normal plan.

#21 November 5 2015

bermudapineapple

To switch to the unlimited plan, he's going to have to wait till December 1st.

#22 November 7 2015

NAM

the steam preload is already on torrent .. i will download it for fun on the night quota ... if you are interested send me a PM

#23 November 7 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I was gonna download Black Ops 3 repack 32GB but it would take 10-12 nights with my 4mb/s, better wait 2-3 days to get the DVD

#24 November 8 2015

bermudapineapple

vegetaleb wrote:

I was gonna download Black Ops 3 repack 32GB but it would take 10-12 nights with my 4mb/s, better wait 2-3 days to get the DVD

The repack is 32GB? The size of games is becoming ridiculous.

#25 November 8 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

tt400 wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

The repack is 32GB? The size of games is becoming ridiculous.

The original reloaded version is 50GB!
Big blockbusters like COD,GTA and BF series are always very big in size, I remember GTA 5 to be like 8 DVDs or 60GB download!!

And the you have good titles like Darksiders 2 with ''only'' 12GB

Any words about Tony or Rony DVD shops having Black Ops 3 already?
BTW they could sell BR disk version instead of DVDs, for a Black Ops 3 it will be 2 BR disks against 6 or 7 DVDs

Board footer