LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 28 2015

Makozak

Steam Wallet Card

Hey everyone,

I just need an advice.
So i'm usually a Console Gamer and i newly decided to join the " PC Master Race " world.

I did a Steam account and i want to buy CS GO, the problem is, i don't have a credit card.
I found a Lebanese website called Vevoria(dot)com. They said that i can send them money by Western Union and they will send me back the code for a Steam Wallet.
I just want to know if i can trust this website ? Is it a scam website ?

Or do someone know where can i buy by Cash a Steam Wallet Card elsewhere ?

Thanx in advance

#2 July 28 2015

NAM

Re: Steam Wallet Card

where do you live bro .. if any where the area of beirut and you can go to hamra area i can buy you the game and we sit together and i send it directly to your account as long as your account is activated (you will have to pay for the internet cost though ) i think anyone in the forum will help the same way if you live near them :)

#3 July 28 2015

Die_Kapitan

Makozak wrote:

Hey everyone,

I just need an advice.
So i'm usually a Console Gamer and i newly decided to join the " PC Master Race " world.

Congratulations on getting rid of potato gaming and joining the Glorious PC Master Race, and not being a peasant anymore (unless you knew that PC is the superior platform when you WERE using consoles). Welcome to the land of free online gaming, emulators, strategy games, upgradability, 1080p AND 60fps, and cheap games, brother.

#4 July 29 2015

vogosvagen4

So why not get a prepaid card from somewhere?
I got mine from bank Audi, and I primarily use it for steam.

#5 July 29 2015

Makozak

Die_Kapitan wrote:
Makozak wrote:

Hey everyone,

I just need an advice.

Congratulations on getting rid of potato gaming and joining the Glorious PC Master Race, and not being a peasant anymore (unless you knew that PC is the superior platform when you WERE using consoles). Welcome to the land of free online gaming, emulators, strategy games, upgradability, 1080p AND 60fps, and cheap games, brother.

Oh come one, he have 60ps and 1080p on PS4  And i don't think my PC will match my PS4 because i don't have an high end one =/ but i'm planing to build some :))

NAM wrote:

where do you live bro .. if any where the area of beirut and you can go to hamra area i can buy you the game and we sit together and i send it directly to your account as long as your account is activated (you will have to pay for the internet cost though ) i think anyone in the forum will help the same way if you live near them :)

That would actually be a great idea, problem is, I don't often go to Beyrouth, i live in Sour =/
If i ever go to Beyrouth soon and still didn't find a solution, i'll contact you by inbox. Thanx man :)

vogosvagen4 wrote:

So why not get a prepaid card from somewhere?
I got mine from bank Audi, and I primarily use it for steam.

I had one when i was still in africa. But how can i say it properly, it is " labakeh ? " to everytime go to the bank and recharge it =/
I can buy PSN Card localy and i find it a lot easier, so i just wanted to know if i can do the same with Steam.

#6 July 29 2015

vogosvagen4

Makozak wrote:

it is " labakeh ? " to everytime go to the bank and recharge it.

Well, it is your safest bet to be honest. I dont think steam wallet cards are even in Lebanon.

#7 July 29 2015

StannisTheMannis

Nino sells steam cards, the 20$ and the 50$ one. I remember the 20$ costs 25$.

#8 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

You can get them from pcandparts.com but you will then have to pay 7$ just for the shipping(3$ if you live in beirut), 20$ steam card is 26$ inc vat and 50$ steam is 60$ inc vat

#9 July 29 2015

Die_Kapitan

Makozak wrote:

Oh come one, he have 60ps and 1080p on PS4  And i don't think my PC will match my PS4 because i don't have an high end one =/ but i'm planing to build some :))

No triple A game can run at more than 1080p 30 FPS or 720p/900p 60 FPS on PC, the games that do run at 60 FPS aren't that graphically demanding, and even then, if the game is on PC, the PC version will look better.

#10 July 29 2015

vogosvagen4

Die_Kapitan wrote:

if the game is on PC, the PC version will look better.

Sorry for cutting you off, but thats not really the case all the time. I remember dark souls 1 looked uglier than its console counterpart. And not to forget the newest batman game.

Last edited by vogosvagen4 (July 29 2015)

#11 July 29 2015

Die_Kapitan

vogosvagen4 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

if the game is on PC, the PC version will look better.

Sorry for cutting you off, but thats not really the case all the time. I remember dark souls 1 looked uglier than its console counterpart. And not to forget the newest batman game.

Arkham Knight is just a (very) bad port, it looks better than the console version, but it just has bugs, game-breaking one.

#12 July 30 2015

vogosvagen4

Just want to say that I my self use pc for gaming, and believe that's the proper way to go, but...

Die_Kapitan wrote:

it looks better than the console version, but it just has bugs, game-breaking one.

Really? I read alot of reviews claiming that the console version (at least PS4) is better (graphically and all-around gameplay, cause you know, frame drops) than the pc version. And the fact that it ran sub-par on high end systems just, is just....woow. Not to forget AMD users too.

Last edited by vogosvagen4 (July 30 2015)

#13 July 31 2015

Makozak

Arkham Knight is just an exception, i even read some things that it wasn't done by the same developers as the first two.
But anyway, as someone who uses both for gaming, i can say i prefer playing on Consoles.
You just don't say to your friend : Hey, come to my house and let's play all on one PC
And when people say PC is better because of graphics, please, no, the difference is just minimalistic. You just don't notice it when you're immersed in the game.
The Frame rate can be better on PC when you're playing with 1080p.
And yeah, don't forget exclusivities

So for me, playing on line is a lot better on PC. And playing Solo games is a lot on consoles :)

#14 July 31 2015

Die_Kapitan

Makozak wrote:

Arkham Knight is just an exception, i even read some things that it wasn't done by the same developers as the first two.
But anyway, as someone who uses both for gaming, i can say i prefer playing on Consoles.
You just don't say to your friend : Hey, come to my house and let's play all on one PC
And when people say PC is better because of graphics, please, no, the difference is just minimalistic. You just don't notice it when you're immersed in the game.
The Frame rate can be better on PC when you're playing with 1080p.
And yeah, don't forget exclusivities

So for me, playing on line is a lot better on PC. And playing Solo games is a lot on consoles :)

Yeah, Rocksteady were the ones who ported it (a team of 12 given 8 weeks to port an AAA game), and was a port it was.

Again, yeah, split screen never established a strong base on PC.

Minimalistic ? Graphics in some games mean the world, I prefer exploring Los Santos on Ultra settings on PC than play it on PS4. You do notice it.

Playing the exclusives card, eh ? PC has more exclusives than all consoles put together. There are two whole genres that are exclusive to PC, simulators and strategy.

Board footer