LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 July 17 2015

geekevo

Re: Lebanese army paid over 1M USD for spyware

I knew the claims were to good to be true.

#52 July 17 2015

Die_Kapitan

ILIA_93 wrote:

For me I see it as everyone is looking for his own interests, and the state only cares about making its job easier in controlling people. I'm sure the state (any state) won't be sad if it could turn all of the citizens into "sheeps" controlled in the direction of bringing prosperity to the state, and there's nothing wrong with that, but would anyone want to live this way? (Exhibit A: Communism)

Communism makes people sheep ? I think you're mistaking it for Fascism.

#53 July 17 2015

Sup3r

rolf wrote:

Ripped off or money laundering.

I can't possibly understand how it could be money laundering when there's an invoice in the hackingteam database for the Lebanese army paying them $1M.

#54 July 17 2015

jibbo

Searching through the email on wikileaks i found this one, where it even states the price is € 1.438.530,00 if i am correct.

https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/231025

#55 July 17 2015

Sup3r

I guess I'm going to start developing fully-featured RATS.

#56 July 17 2015

rolf

I'm pretty sure companies selling hugely overpriced products that have little real value (and cannot be resold) is one way of laundering dirty money.
But in any case you might be right, and the Army is not exactly the sort of place where you'd have such schemes because it's a public institution.

It might be another form of corruption as well. In any of these someone in the army would have secret links with someone in that Italian company.

Board footer