LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 30 2015

ironman

Your Reaction when you Lose?

Hey guys,

As the title says what would be your reaction when you play online "competitively" and you lose?
Personally i rage and i trash talk, i know this is bad, and i am working on stopping this behavior, i guess i will just block communication with the enemy because it's so hard to stop, when the thrill is at its best,

looking to hear your thoughts.

#2 June 30 2015

Nemesis-301

Re: Your Reaction when you Lose?

I just rage quit, and that's it I guess..

#3 June 30 2015

ironman

Oh i Can't quit in CSGO, i would get a cooldown period that could reach 1 week - > 1 week without CSGO ? -> Hell

#4 June 30 2015

Hybrid

I used to blame my team in world of warcraft

#5 June 30 2015

ironman

Am glad to know that am not the only one who rages, i thought it's a problem with my character, i insult russians, ukranians, polish, french...

#6 June 30 2015

Die_Kapitan

World of Tanks and Total War mostly. Me being the strategist I am, always try to pierce the enemy, I usually don't get supported nor covered while retreating so I usually get destroyed, in other matches, especially when I'm a Hetzer or a Matilda and I'm the key to success because of my "best-of-tier" gun or armor respectively don't get protected by more versatile tanks. In Total War, it's always about why my ally did a completely fucked up things move such as charge his cavalry right into spears or his infantry into a phalanx, or sometimes plain dumb things like not protecting his artillery or bowmen from enemy cavalry. I never personally insult the dude, I'm just like "that's plain dumb, you shouldn't have done that" but on the inside I just wanna insult the shit out of him.

#7 June 30 2015

Anthony2000

Die_Kapitan wrote:

World of Tanks and Total War mostly. Me being the strategist I am, always try to pierce the enemy, I usually don't get supported nor covered while retreating so I usually get destroyed, in other matches, especially when I'm a Hetzer or a Matilda and I'm the key to success because of my "best-of-tier" gun or armor respectively don't get protected by more versatile tanks. In Total War, it's always about why my ally did a completely fucked up things move such as charge his cavalry right into spears or his infantry into a phalanx, or sometimes plain dumb things like not protecting his artillery or bowmen from enemy cavalry. I never personally insult the dude, I'm just like "that's plain dumb, you shouldn't have done that" but on the inside I just wanna insult the shit out of him.

What total war do you play and like most? my personal favorite is Medieval 2.

#8 June 30 2015

rtp

Dota 2, blame the team of course!

Last edited by rtp (June 30 2015)

#9 June 30 2015

NAM

i play for fun .. so basically i am the one you all rage about lol 

#10 June 30 2015

bermudapineapple

Online? Competitively? Doesn't take a human player to make me rage. And I rage a lot. I am also doing my best to stop it and I am getting better. But it's very hard when you're silent and trying to be calm but inside your are boiling.

#11 June 30 2015

ironman

Well i started thinking about stopping the "rage" because one guy told me yesterday that he will report me for insults, i never heard that anyone got banned in CSGO because of insults, but just to be on the safe side...

Last edited by ironman (June 30 2015)

#12 June 30 2015

Johnaudi

If I was playing well, I blame my team.

If I was playing bad, I blame the internet.

#13 June 30 2015

Die_Kapitan

Anthony2000 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

What total war do you play and like most? my personal favorite is Medieval 2.

Medieval II was great, especially with Stainless Steel, Broken Crescent or The Third Age, but my favorite Total War is Shogun 2, mainly because of the balance and it being the closest Total War to a true rock-paper-scissors game, Rome: Total War, especially with Europa Barbarorum, and Rome II are honorable mentions mainly because of their time period (Carthage FTW), I'm looking forward to the release of The Ancient Empires mod (and Total War: Karling) for Attila, which are quite frankly the only reasons I'll be buying Attila.

#14 June 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

If I lose in the same place many times then I throw my poor xbox 360 wireless gamepad in a rage.
I must say these gamepads are really heavy duty, over 5 years I had just one button broke (and I fixed it)

#15 June 30 2015

Anthony2000

ironman wrote:

Well i started thinking about stopping the "rage" because one guy told me yesterday that he will report me for insults, i never heard that anyone got banned in CSGO because of insults, but just to be on the safe side...

if everyone who insults other people on csgo gets banned , the playerbase will disintegrate

#16 July 1 2015

geekevo

Im thinking of getting into the total war franchise where should i start?

#17 July 1 2015

Die_Kapitan

geekevo wrote:

Im thinking of getting into the total war franchise where should i start?

Shogun 2 or Rome 2, they're simpler to learn than second era games (Rome and Medieval 2), not as buggy as Empire and France isn't OP. I wouldn't recommend Attila because it's harder than others, and you'll spend your whole mid-to-late game barely having food and getting attacked by Hunnic horde spam.

If you go with Shogun 2 remember to never play as the Tokugawa as their starting position is far from ideal nor as the Ikko-Ikki and Otomo as you'll be hated for having a different religion, the Chosokabe and Date are very good starting factions and ALWAYS KEEP YOUR BOWS PROTECTED.

If you go with Rome II, go with, as much as it hurts me to say this, Rome, their early-to-mid game infantry is not the best, but who cares if you can create more units in one province than your enemies can in two, the Iceni are also a great choice as you're virtually unopposed in your conquest until you reach a civilized nation.

#18 July 1 2015

ironman

Anthony2000 wrote:
ironman wrote:

if everyone who insults other people on csgo gets banned , the playerbase will disintegrate

Thanks man, i'll keep on insulting others during the warmup.

#19 July 1 2015

Die_Kapitan

Johnaudi wrote:

If I was playing well, I blame my team.

If I was playing bad, I blame the internet.

I blame my mouse. and my team.

#20 July 1 2015

ironman

Do you guys also hate russians in the games you play? or is it just in CSGO, cz i heard that in Dota it's the same...

#21 July 1 2015

rtp

ironman wrote:

Do you guys also hate russians in the games you play? or is it just in CSGO, cz i heard that in Dota it's the same...

Yeah russian are hated in dota 2, they lack skills and they don't speak english even tho the server is English! and they have russian servers!!!

#22 July 1 2015

ironman

Do you Also face "Cyka" "Blyat" and "Kurwa"?

#23 July 1 2015

rtp

ironman wrote:

Don't know what/who those are

#24 July 1 2015

ironman

Curses in Polish, Hungarian and Russian  (Google Translate), it's the only word you hear the russian saying.

#25 July 1 2015

MrClass

rtp wrote:
ironman wrote:

Don't know what/who those are

You play Dota and haven't heard of "Cyka"? What are you living under a rock?

I play on Dubai server and mostly Arabs play there, and we still say "Cyka" to each other

Board footer