LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 October 13 2016

ChadiM

Re: LG G4 in Lebanon

Salloum wrote:
ChadiM wrote:

Time for the G5? I have a G5 and it's a beautiful device. I recommend it, in particular for those interested in a removable battery (it's the only flagship device having this feature),

G5 is good but the build quality and overall design wasn't enough in my opinion.

Build quality? Who cares... everyone's putting a cover anyway. :-)

#152 October 13 2016

LifeEngineer

ChadiM wrote:

It's more than the regular "build quality" every youtuber mistakenly refer to!

This G5 has serious build issues! Pressing the screen will flex it inwards! Also gaps and finishing is bad! It will collect dust and very prone to any liquid more than any other phone! It also bends easily due to the design and the removable battery and the gap inside!

I don't recommend this phone to any non-very-gentle person.
The opposite can be said about the LG V10!

#153 October 13 2016

ChadiM

LifeEngineer wrote:
ChadiM wrote:

It's more than the regular "build quality" every youtuber mistakenly refer to!

This G5 has serious build issues! Pressing the screen will flex it inwards! Also gaps and finishing is bad! It will collect dust and very prone to any liquid more than any other phone! It also bends easily due to the design and the removable battery and the gap inside!

I don't recommend this phone to any non-very-gentle person.
The opposite can be said about the LG V10!

Strange, I have none of the issues you mentioned. Perhaps it's a bad batch in your case? Where did you get it from if I may know?

I'm not saying it's the perfect phone... It just works brilliantly for my needs. :)

#154 October 13 2016

Salloum

ChadiM wrote:
Salloum wrote:
ChadiM wrote:

Time for the G5? I have a G5 and it's a beautiful device. I recommend it, in particular for those interested in a removable battery (it's the only flagship device having this feature),

G5 is good but the build quality and overall design wasn't enough in my opinion.

Covers..? Not me. I paid an arm for my iPhone 7 Plus but I still carry it naked (Jet Black too, it's scratched so much already). When I pay to enjoy a device, I hate adding bulk and feeling some cheap silicone or plastic instead of metal or glass the manufacturer intended. Covers are terrible. Just take care of your phone and carry it naked.

Board footer