LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 28 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

LG G4 in Lebanon

So what do you think about the G4?
Did you get one or you wait for the price to drop?
These are the infos I got:
-Price is 600 to 620$ depending on the shop (will most probably drop in the coming days)
-Price would be in the 500$ in a month or less following G2 and G3 prices history.
-No idea if the G4 coming here are leather or plastic versions.
-Camera is excellent, as good as S6 and M9 in daylight, better than M9 in low light but s6 is slightly better.
-The screen is very good with 1440p 5.5'' but visibility outdoor is not the best, no idea compared to M9 but surely worst than S6 and Note 4.
-There is a bug with touch screen not recording all your touch.
-Battery is on par with Note 4 and M9 (with Lollipop) and slightly better than S6
(for people asking why I opened this thread while I have an M9, I am simply a mobile phone geek and love new tech, I will keep my M9 that I love more and more specially with the new leaked LP 5.1 FW)

#2 June 28 2015

Doom

Re: LG G4 in Lebanon

Actually the berttery is worst compared to the s6,check this http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4_vs_galaxy … 1266p3.php

#3 June 28 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I never trust GSMArena for their reviews.
They are known to be biased toward Samsung, from the people coming from Note 4 and S6 on other forums they all said it's pretty much the same with G4 even slightly better than S6

#4 June 28 2015

Doom

Oh,well yes it's possible since theg4 got a larger battery capacity.

#5 June 28 2015

Tech Guru

I will have it by tomorrow morning - I am currently using the S6 (very good around) Ill compare it with the G4 and Ill post my findings

#6 June 28 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

I will have it by tomorrow morning - I am currently using the S6 (very good around) Ill compare it with the G4 and Ill post my findings

Thanks!
If you can try it under sunlight it would be great.

#7 June 29 2015

rolf

I have the G2 and I hope LG has put less, not more crapware on the G4.
There is just a bunch of useless apps that I never use but can't uninstall. And with the system it takes up about 5GB of space (not sure if it's normal).
I also hope they've returned the volume key to the side, where it belongs. Display is not that bright either.
Otherwise good phone the G2.

Last edited by rolf (June 29 2015)

#8 June 29 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

rolf wrote:

I have the G2 and I hope LG has put less, not more crapware on the G4.
There is just a bunch of useless apps that I never use but can't uninstall. And with the system it takes up about 5GB of space (not sure if it's normal).
I also hope they've returned the volume key to the side, where it belongs. Display is not that bright either.
Otherwise good phone the G2.

The M9 and S6 use 5gb for system partitions too.
The G4 new UI is supposed to be lighter than TW, it's certainly faster than S6 (from the reports I saw)
I just hope it has a Car app close to the HTC one, I use my M9 as the real autoradio in my car :)
Volume key are still at the back, but you can open the back cover to change battery (in case you go in a camp weekend) and SD slot.
I think this G4 beat the S6 in every aspects.
The leather back is giving it a better look than glass back, from reviews its the best feeling your hands can feel!
Speaker volume and 3.5mm output volume is close to M8 meaning much louder than S6 and Note 4.
Sense 7 is the only thing stopping me from swapping my M9 with G4, it's the most complete,fast and logic Android Ui ever.

#9 June 29 2015

Tech Guru

My Initial Impressions of the LG G4 (Just Bought Today Morning):

Pluses:

Fast/ Excellent Photo-shoot Camera
Web Browsing is Very Fast
Design with the leather back feels premium and operations similar to G3 (very friendly) with very thin screen bezel
Display is very crisp/bright but not like Super AMOLD of Samsung which has deeper black contrast / on the sunlight with full brightness it is "OK" but not very bright
Playing Games feel very snappy/fast.
Media/ music on it with its beautiful headphones are far better then other competitors (M9 , S6 ,IPhone ) - crispier/deeper sound 

Minus:

Battery life is  "OK"  Not So God Not so Bad  After usage of one hour with full display it consume  around 22 % of  the  battery - It atkes long time to charge nearly one hour and 20-minutes to charge from 0 TO 100 % - S6 is much faster

I prefer S6 User Interface on LG

Ringer volume  is not so loud / put the vibration always on

Overall very capable phone with premium feels - lot of positives especially it awesome camera and fast operations - however S6 / G3 owners will not find a major upgrade still later devices are very capable.

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 29 2015)

#10 June 29 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

My Initial Impressions of the LG G4 (Just Bought Today Morning):

Pluses:

Fast/ Excellent Photo-shoot Camera
Web Browsing is Very Fast
Design with the leather back feels premium and operations similar to G3 (very friendly) with very thin screen bezel
Display is very crisp/bright but not like Super AMOLD of Samsung which has deeper black contrast / on the sunlight with full brightness it is "OK" but not very bright
Playing Games feel very snappy/fast.
Media/ music on it with its beautiful headphones are far better then other competitors (M9 , S6 ,IPhone ) - crispier/deeper sound 

Minus:

Battery life is  "OK"  Not So God Not so Bad  After usage of one hour with full display it consume  around 22 % of  the  battery - It atkes long time to charge nearly one hour and 20-minutes to charge from 0 TO 100 % - S6 is much faster

I prefer S6 User Interface on LG

Ringer volume  is not so loud / put the vibration always on

Overall very capable phone with premium feels - lot of positives especially it awesome camera and fast operations - however S6 / G3 owners will not find a major upgrade still later devices are very capable.

Yep but amoled have 2 minuses:
-screen burnins if you let the screen ON for a long time (example: Car app)
-Whites are not good, they are pinkish or yellowish (major problem on S6)

Another big advantage of G4 over S6 is the SD slot.

Did you have the touch screen bug?

#11 June 30 2015

Die_Kapitan

Tech Guru wrote:

Dude, have you used an M9 ? It's sound is freaking amazing, especially with headphones on. It may be better than the S6 and iPhone but better than the M9 by far ? I seriously doubt it.

#12 June 30 2015

Tech Guru

@Die_Kapitan

It is  more crisper / deep as a personal feeling since each human ear detect slightly different range of frequencies compared to another human ear. The  LG 4 is another success in the books of LG.

@vegetaleb

When you just connect the G4 to the wireless ; it will have a software update for (performance/optimization) - till now I never faced with a touch bug ; nerveless  I have been reading/hearing of that a lot - I will give it more few days and I will conclude my results.

Yes the whites on the S6 are bit yellowish I agree with but the plus the boost in brightness at least for a Super AMOLED Screen ; the G4 feel more crisper with its IPS and what surprised me that the S6 under sun light is better than the G4 (both set to maximum brightness). The lackluster issues in the G4 comes to the battery (due to the screen - 5.5 /1440p/ IPS - cutting the brightness indoor to 60% which is the still good for indoor usage greatly improve the battery juice depletion rate)

Overall ( a personal opinion) the G4  is a great device and continue the success of it predecessor ; if you have an LG Gs devices holder go grab one. The back leather ; large screen with a relatively compact body and uniquely curved , great selfies (for the selfie fans) recommended to have , removable battery , SD addition- give the G4  a recommended device to  hold (no regrets).

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 30 2015)

#13 June 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@Die_Kapitan

It is  more crisper / deep as a personal feeling since each human ear detect slightly different range of frequencies compared to another human ear. The  LG 4 is another success in the books of LG.

@vegetaleb

When you just connect the G4 to the wireless ; it will have a software update for (performance/optimization) - till now I never faced with a touch bug ; nerveless  I have been reading/hearing of that a lot - I will give it more few days and I will conclude my results.

Yes the whites on the S6 are bit yellowish I agree with but the plus the boost in brightness at least for a Super AMOLED Screen ; the G4 feel more crisper with its IPS and what surprised me that the S6 under sun light is better than the G4 (both set to maximum brightness). The lackluster issues in the G4 comes to the battery (due to the screen - 5.5 /1440p/ IPS - cutting the brightness indoor to 60% which is the still good for indoor usage greatly improve the battery juice depletion rate)

Overall ( a personal opinion) the G4  is a great device and continue the success of it predecessor ; if you have an LG Gs devices holder go grab one. The back leather ; large screen with a relatively compact body and uniquely curved , great selfies (for the selfie fans) recommended to have , removable battery , SD addition- give the G4  a recommended device to  hold (no regrets).

Thanks for the details.
How much did you get it?
Do you know if the plastic version is cheaper than leather and how much cost every leather cover(spare part)?

#14 June 30 2015

Tech Guru

@Vegetable

LG G4 32GB 4G LTE - Genuine Leather Red

USD 572 from Dubai + 32 GB SD + Genuine  LG Cover + Anti Scratch Screen Protector + 1 Year Warranty   = 630 USD

Difference between Regular and Leather about 40 USD

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 30 2015)

#15 June 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@Vegetable

LG G4 32GB 4G LTE - Genuine Leather Red

USD 572 from Dubai + 32 GB SD + Genuine  LG Cover + Anti Scratch Screen Protector + 1 Year Warranty   = 630 USD

Difference between Regular and Leather about 40 USD

Thanks!
I heard LG Lebanon is selling it at 610$ with extra cover pack.
Amhaz is already at 550$ but no idea if it's the leather or plastic version.
If this phone gets more roms and CM builds then it will really be interesting.
I bet it will be in the 500$ in no time and 450$ in a month

#16 June 30 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

I heard LG Lebanon is selling it at 610$ with extra cover pack.
Amhaz is already at 550$ but no idea if it's the leather or plastic version.
If this phone gets more roms and CM builds then it will really be interesting.
I bet it will be in the 500$ in no time and 450$ in a month

Lowering the price is a must if OnePlus retain the One's pricing with the Two which is launching next month, it'll most likely have an 810, though a 808 is a possibility and it will have USB 3.1 Type-C instead of the USB 2.0 that comes with most phones.

#17 June 30 2015

haidcar

type c is awesome, but not for early adopters due to the lack of peripherals. But its the future nevertheless

#18 June 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

How is the resale value of a LG flagship?
I mean is it easily sold or it's hard to find a buyer, and how much lower than the market place you should sell it?
All my HTCs and samsung I sold them 80 to 120$ less than market value

#19 July 1 2015

Die_Kapitan

haidcar wrote:

type c is awesome, but not for early adopters due to the lack of peripherals. But its the future nevertheless

The most interesting thing is that a manufacturer know for a budget flagship is the first one to get it to the non-Chinese mobile phone market (LeTV did it first), ASUS did it first in the tablet market, Apple in the notebook market and ASRock in the desktop market. I think type-C has a great potential, especially considering the fact that everyone hate spending a minute or two just to put a USB in its port.

#20 July 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Official G4 + 18 months warranty is now 600$ and Amhaz (Stars) is at 550$
Better get the official version if you want to get it.
The only bad point of this phone is the lack of custom roms for the time being.
Better wait another month

#21 July 4 2015

Tech Guru

@vegetaleb I simply do not trust Amhaz warranty  - go for the Official Sure - Great Device even without Custom Roms ; better than the S6 from my 1st week personal experience.

#22 July 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@vegetaleb I simply do not trust Amhaz warranty  - go for the Official Sure - Great Device even without Custom Roms ; better than the S6 from my 1st week personal experience.

Nice to hear!
I am gonna wait 3-4 weeks till the price settle down, knowing G3 price went down to 430-450$ pretty quickly I can wait.
Besides my M9 is still giving me everything but the big screen, the new updates improved greatly the camera and thermals.
The Sense 7 port + HTC apps are under work right now for phones like G4, so waiting a month is perfect for both price and custom roms + tweaks + sense 7 full port.
I heard the new FW OTA gave the G4 a nice Quick charging 2.0 compatibility, though thermals still need a fix (perhaps in next OTA).

#23 July 28 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Hello!
Root is finally available for G4, though it looks like the prices guy from amhaz is on holidays!
It's still at 520$ for 3 weeks!!
I won't pay that much knowing they will cut the price about 50-70$ anytime now.
Note 5 will be unveiled in 10days, it will surely push G4 price to drop even more.
How do you find the G4 now?

Last edited by vegetaleb (July 28 2015)

#24 July 29 2015

Tech Guru

@Vegetable

Enjoying It , Perfect round around Mobile , you get one or still. I think the G4 prices already dropped in Lebanon.

G4  H815      525
G4  H818  Dual Sim     535

Even though I don't Trust in Warranty - In the Market you add 5% + about 590USD " Warranty"
G4  H815      525 = 525*1.05 + 40 = 600
G4  H818  Dual Sim     535  = 535*1.05 + 40 = 600

The above Amhaz " Star Communication" Prices I obtained them from the Excel Template that is updated weekly - http://www.stars.com.lb/main.aspx  + these  prices are lower than the market by a margin of 5% and doesn't include warranty , but they don't mention that to potential customers as such they will motivated to buy when they see such prices compared to the market.

#25 July 29 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

These prices are from the 21st july,  dunno why amhaz didn't put a this week's list!
G3 price a year later is 380$ with official warranty, so buying the G4 at 600$ even at 525$ is way too much. The G4 price in the US dropped 150$ already.
That's why I say G4 should be at 450$ now in Lebanon, but amhaz is in a deep coma!
The Note 5 annoucement will wake them up LOL.
Btw note 5 looks pretty deceiving with the fragile glass back and no sdcard

Board footer