LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 October 15 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: LG G4 in Lebanon

Salloum wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

What android version does the G4 come when i buy it?
Also, how is your experience with it, any good? I'm a note user.

One last thing,
What is the purpose of rooting, flashing custom roms etc.. What is the gain, what sort of features will be added?
And which one of those features are you personally using after you rooted your phone now?

Root is great. If you root your device and install Xposed, you don't even need custom ROMs. You can mod anything in the phone with this. However, it really depends what kind of person you are. Personally when I used Android I only rooted and played around with devices that I don't use on a daily basis. I like my daily driver to be as stable as possible.

A good custom rom is as stable as stock

#127 October 26 2015

Doom

In case you don't know yet,the kdz for marshmallow has been released!

#128 October 26 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Gonna flash 7HD 7 tonight, it's a M based rom flashable simply by twrp

#129 April 21 2016

Satfoun
Banned

I bought the LG G4 ystrd....and its awesome o.o
Got the black leather with that circle cover...for 375$
Ohh and i got the Corsair strafe keyboard for 150$...which basically made me get the G4 haha
Great Deal, the phone is barely 10months old since its first release

#130 April 21 2016

Salloum

Mabrouk! Is that price with warranty? It's around 50$ less at Amhaz. Either way, enjoy your new device the G4 is a great phone, I'd pick it over the G5.

#131 April 21 2016

Doom

Satfoun wrote:

Ohh and i got the Corsair strafe keyboard for 150$...which basically made me get the G4 haha

Ah!You just made a big mistake!!The G4 has a flaw in the hardware,and the company actually announced it,just google "lg g4 bootloop".What it is is,after a couple of months,it shuts down and wont boot at all(gets stuck in lg logo and restarts),that's what happened with mine :/
Most people say G4s with serial number starting with 505-510 are affected,but now there's some with 600+(after the company have discovered the issue)are getting affected.
So I recommend you to sell it,or stick with it if it's a 600+and take the risk.If you don't believe me,go to lg g4 reddit and check the bootloop reports.
Oh and the company in Lebanon charge you for the fix(like 80$,that's what they told me but I still haven't received it yet,they had it for 16 days so far!!) even if you have warranty.

#132 April 21 2016

Anthony2000

Doom wrote:
Satfoun wrote:

Ah!You just made a big mistake!!The G4 has a flaw in the hardware,and the company actually announced it,just google "lg g4 bootloop".What it is is,after a couple of months,it shuts down and wont boot at all(gets stuck in lg logo and restarts),that's what happened with mine :/
Most people say G4s with serial number starting with 505-510 are affected,but now there's some with 600+(after the company have discovered the issue)are getting affected.
So I recommend you to sell it,or stick with it if it's a 600+and take the risk.If you don't believe me,go to lg g4 reddit and check the bootloop reports.
Oh and the company in Lebanon charge you for the fix(like 80$,that's what they told me but I still haven't received it yet,they had it for 16 days so far!!) even if you have warranty.

Oops.

#133 April 24 2016

Satfoun
Banned

So theres a whole thread here about the LG G4 and now you tell me that?!
We;; yeah its serial number is 601 so i guess i am gonna take the risk
Thanks for informing me, oh and my phone i would never shut it down lol
Unless i need to restart it for something , i hve been told same thing about the Galaxy S2 back in the days, and nothing ever happened to it and i used it for 4 years, of course i was using a custom ROM , cyanogenmod. I even updated to Marshmallow, before it died. and now got the G4
I got the Golden 18 months warrant :|

Last edited by Satfoun (April 24 2016)

#134 April 25 2016

LifeEngineer

Satfoun wrote:

Don't worry then mate! Use it as you like and enjoy it! A golden warranty is awesome!

#135 April 25 2016

Doom

Satfoun wrote:

So theres a whole thread here about the LG G4 and now you tell me that?!
We;; yeah its serial number is 601 so i guess i am gonna take the risk
Thanks for informing me, oh and my phone i would never shut it down lol
Unless i need to restart it for something , i hve been told same thing about the Galaxy S2 back in the days, and nothing ever happened to it and i used it for 4 years, of course i was using a custom ROM , cyanogenmod. I even updated to Marshmallow, before it died. and now got the G4

The phone shuts itself down when it happens
Anyways,backup occasionally just in case.

#136 May 23 2016

dav

does a hard reset fix bootloop issue?

#137 May 23 2016

Doom

dav wrote:

Nope,you gotta change the motherboard;
Couple of weeks ago,after a month of waiting,LG told me that there's currently no motherboards and sent the phone back.
I'm going to call them today to see if they got the motherboards.
What a shitty company...
Edit:Still no boards...

Last edited by Doom (May 23 2016)

#138 May 23 2016

dav

Doom wrote:
dav wrote:

Nope,you gotta change the motherboard;
Couple of weeks ago,after a month of waiting,LG told me that there's currently no motherboards and sent the phone back.
I'm going to call them today to see if they got the motherboards.
What a shitty company...
Edit:Still no boards...

very confidently they reply on fb to contact them on 1273.... they even want to make more money from your phone call...f*ck them : )

Last edited by dav (May 23 2016)

#139 May 30 2016

Satfoun
Banned

I called once 1273....a woman from AMAN replied haha

#140 May 30 2016

chaosn

My G4 just died, it got stuck in bootloop, I was able to backup my data using the Freezing technic.

The phone was bought from ksa i need to check if it still under warranty to get it fix or else in the bin.

I don't know how easy to get a new motherboard to replace and what would guarrantee the replaced ship won't get stuck in bootloop.

If you know how much will cost a new G4 motherboard, please post the price and how you got it.

#141 May 30 2016

Doom

chaosn wrote:

My G4 just died, it got stuck in bootloop, I was able to backup my data using the Freezing technic.

The phone was bought from ksa i need to check if it still under warranty to get it fix or else in the bin.

I don't know how easy to get a new motherboard to replace and what would guarrantee the replaced ship won't get stuck in bootloop.

If you know how much will cost a new G4 motherboard, please post the price and how you got it.

If you get your phone fixed,please tell me.
It's not known what motherboards will bootloop and what won't,so your best bet is to sell it after your fix it(if still under warranty!!).

#142 July 13 2016

chaosn

I am looking for a G4 screen, mine has craked, any bootloop g4 owner want to sell the screen.

#143 August 21 2016

thegodfatherdany

Hello. So i am thinking of buying used G4 after my Note 3 charging stopped.
Is it safe to buy a G4 or should i avoid it since the bootloop issue is very common from what i have read on the web.
Anybody knows how much it costs new in the market and what is a reasonable price for a used clean one ?

Kindly any G4 owner who reads this post reply if his G4 went into the bootloop/dead issue or is still working well with no problems.

#144 August 22 2016

Doom

thegodfatherdany wrote:

Hello. So i am thinking of buying used G4 after my Note 3 charging stopped.
Is it safe to buy a G4 or should i avoid it since the bootloop issue is very common from what i have read on the web.
Anybody knows how much it costs new in the market and what is a reasonable price for a used clean one ?

Kindly any G4 owner who reads this post reply if his G4 went into the bootloop/dead issue or is still working well with no problems.

Just avoid,the risk is not worth it. You might get a used one for 200$? I don't reallly know. Get a oneplus 2 or 3.
Mine went into bootloop 5 months after I've purshased it, but I've managed to fix it a month ago by disabling 2 cores, I don't know if the fix is temporary or not,but it's still going.

#145 August 22 2016

Salloum

Don't buy this phone! I don't even understand how this phone is still allowed to be on the market after everything that happened. LG is a shameful company. Avoid at all costs!!!

#146 August 23 2016

thegodfatherdany

@doom and xterm, thank you . you just saved me from wasting my 200$ on one.

#147 August 24 2016

Satfoun
Banned

I bought 2 and they are working perfectly (5 months now)
I know a friend his lg stopped after a year and a half. Hoeever i read on the web to check on the bix the serial number ir something else, forgot. There is a new one that got released where this problem should be resolved. And mine is one of those

#148 October 12 2016

ChadiM

Time for the G5? I have a G5 and it's a beautiful device. I recommend it, in particular for those interested in a removable battery (it's the only flagship device having this feature),

#149 October 13 2016

LifeEngineer

ChadiM wrote:

Time for the G5? I have a G5 and it's a beautiful device. I recommend it, in particular for those interested in a removable battery (it's the only flagship device having this feature),

LG V10, upcoming LG V20.

#150 October 13 2016

Salloum

ChadiM wrote:

G5 is good but the build quality and overall design wasn't enough in my opinion.

Board footer