LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 September 10 2015

nosense

Re: LG G4 in Lebanon

Doom wrote:

What do you think about the leather?does it feel genuine or fake?which color did you get?

I have the brown one, doesn't feel so genuine nor fake, feels right for a mobile phone

#77 September 10 2015

nosense

vegetaleb wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

rooting didn't fix the 3g icon problem

You have to flash a rom ;)

I'm rooted on v10c, downloading v10e kdz file, I will flash it and then maybe flash this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/deve … n-t3176195

#78 September 11 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Yep this rom looks like the best for G4 right now, Marcosuper7 is the 1st to do roms on G4

#79 September 12 2015

nosense

I'm on touch,  tried another sim card (alfa)  and the H icon appeared

#80 September 18 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

#81 September 19 2015

LifeEngineer

Great review man! I like it!
I really like the g4 since i had the g2 and used the g3!
LG really make great phones, same as sony, and both are underrated.

My issue is that i still can't make the jump from the note 4 to the g4!
It has supposedly better screen or at least equal, better battery life, bigger screen, and most importantly the spen which i use and find very useful!
The LG would won me over its looks, UI and actual real life performance (especially ram performance which is most important to me).

Overall I don't find the switch to be really wise (especially that now the note 4 cost more) and lg is losing value fast!

#82 September 25 2015

bigjudge

Hello, Eventhough i unchecked Autop update option for apps and software, my LG keeps automaticaly updaing, last update was yesterday, V10c-HKG-XX The weird thing that i lost Slow Mo video recording. ie, when i play my slow mo recording, it plays normal speed only. any help?

Last edited by bigjudge (September 25 2015)

#83 September 25 2015

nosense

bigjudge wrote:

Hello, Eventhough i unchecked Autop update option for apps and software, my LG keeps automaticaly updaing, last update was yesterday, V10c-HKG-XX The weird thing that i lost Slow Mo video recording. any help?

the v10c has been here for few weeks,  you should always update to the latest version,  anyway I still have the slow mo recording it shows when you press Mode in camera app

#84 September 25 2015

bigjudge

i still see the slow mo mode, i record in it, however, all i get is normal speed when i play it back on mx player, i uninstalled it, back to the stock video player, played it on 1/8 speed it works. However, im still having the auto update problem, eventhough i have both options unchecked, it still auto updates.

PS my software is up to date, the phone updated itself uesterday, thats the version i have.

#85 October 1 2015

H.S

So I went to the so overrated Amhaz to get a G4. He only got one, full of smudges and he is selling it for $440 with a one year of software warranty. Software warranty? I can handle that myself. What if it got a hardware malfunction?

I'd rather pay more and get it from a trusted and reliable place with a real warranty. I am so picky when it comes to unsealed products and not sure why LG decided not to. So, best place to get it?

#86 October 1 2015

bermudapineapple

H.S wrote:

So I went to the so overrated Amhaz to get a G4. He only got one, full of smudges and he is selling it for $440 with a one year of software warranty. Software warranty? I can handle that myself. What if it got a hardware malfunction?

I'd rather pay more and get it from a trusted and reliable place with a real warranty. I am so picky when it comes to unsealed products and not sure why LG decided not to. So, best place to get it?

Just go to Class and get it from there. You're not getting the cheapest, sure, but their products are trusted. I also feel the same way about the software warranty. They mention it to the ignorant customers and the customers believe they have full warranty because they heard the word "warranty."

I don't worry about warranty anyway. I haven't destroyed/broken any of my phones in the last 5 years.

Oh, you can also try 3GLeb. They deliver to your house and the phones are all real and sealed. I've used them myself (as well as others on this forum) and we can all confirm they are legit. Just Google the name and sign up on their website to make an order.

#87 October 2 2015

Salloum

H.S wrote:

A software warranty is nothing. They just trick people. If you want the real thing you need to buy from the dealer directly. Or there are people that offer you a 7 days warranty which is actually more than enough in my opinion. Within a week if there is a defect, it will usually show itself

#88 October 2 2015

H.S

@tt400, @Salloum, I got the G4 today from a nearby shop which I heard positive feedback about it. I told him that I am too picky about the warranty and I am not comfortable when a product isn't sealed. He ordered one directly from the dealer. It came sealed btw in a topnotch condition with the G4's official warranty which was inside the package, printed on a card which resembles a CC. It says "G4 LG Golden warranty" with the model number. The warranty is for 18 months, 6 months for the battery, 50% discount on the screen's price in case you needed to replace it, however the warranty for the screen is also for 6 months.

As for the phone itself, it is better than I expected. I am used to the Super AMOLED display, still the G4's display is gorgeous with overall snappy performance.

#89 October 4 2015

Doom

So has anyone figured out how to fix the mobile internet symbols not showing?Could it be related to the APN settings?

#90 October 4 2015

nosense

Doom wrote:

So has anyone figured out how to fix the mobile internet symbols not showing?Could it be related to the APN settings?

whose your provider?

#91 October 4 2015

Doom

aliessayli2 wrote:
Doom wrote:

whose your provider?

Touch

#92 October 4 2015

H.S

I am having the "Management" folder displayed in Arabic "الإدارة" no matter what the selected language in use. Anyone having this?

#93 October 4 2015

nosense

H.S wrote:

I am having the "Management" folder displayed in Arabic "الإدارة" no matter what the selected language in use. Anyone having this?

unlocked bootloader?  just rename it

#94 October 4 2015

nosense

Doom wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
Doom wrote:

whose your provider?

Touch

I'm on touch and I have the same problem,  tried another sim which is alfa,  and it worked and H+ appeared,  idk what's the problem

#95 October 4 2015

H.S

aliessayli2 wrote:
H.S wrote:

Unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and has several negative impacts on the device's performance. I would unlock it, but according to LG, you won't be able to revert it back to the locked status. Any alternative solution?

#96 October 4 2015

nosense

H.S wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
H.S wrote:

Unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and has several negative impacts on the device's performance. I would unlock it, but according to LG, you won't be able to revert it back to the locked status. Any alternative solution?

no i'm asking because this happened to me after I unlocked my bootloader

#97 October 4 2015

H.S

I didn't unlock bootloader, it was displaying it out of the box, there were three consecutive updates. I am not certain if that happened after or before the updates.

#98 October 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

H.S wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
H.S wrote:

It depends if LG Lebanon voids warranty because of unlock,it depends on the country.
And NO it will NOT do anything negative to your G4, it's a bs propaganda that lebanese salesman say

#99 October 5 2015

Salloum

Unlocking your bootloader won't do anything bad to your phone. Neither will rooting it. This is some voodoo misconception that all Lebanese have. Just be careful when you're rooted because a virus could collect all your data. The only Android I wouldn't root is if it's a work phone.

#100 October 5 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Salloum wrote:

Unlocking your bootloader won't do anything bad to your phone. Neither will rooting it. This is some voodoo misconception that all Lebanese have. Just be careful when you're rooted because a virus could collect all your data. The only Android I wouldn't root is if it's a work phone.

You mean stagefright? It's a FW version thingy, newest FW even if rooted are protecting the phone, 10e and newer are good for sure

Board footer