LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 September 5 2015

bigjudge

Re: LG G4 in Lebanon

what a great phone. i have the phone for 3 days now. brilliant camera and lightning quick speed. However, Something weird is happening, when i turn on data, it works, but nothing on the top bar, the 3g, h+ icons don't show up, everything works though, any thoughts on this issue?

#52 September 5 2015

nosense

why did it drop 130$ in 2 months ? 430 now at stars

#53 September 5 2015

bermudapineapple

bigjudge wrote:

what a great phone. i have the phone for 3 days now. brilliant camera and lightning quick speed. However, Something weird is happening, when i turn on data, it works, but nothing on the top bar, the 3g, h+ icons don't show up, everything works though, any thoughts on this issue?

Try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work, reset it.

#54 September 5 2015

bigjudge

restarting, removing battery, didnt work, resetting will be my last option, i hope for a different fix.

#55 September 6 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Update to latest ota.
I used to have this bug but a simple restart of the phone or 3g and it was ok.
Amhaz is droping price because of the actual Lebanese crisis,sales are down everywhere. Anyway they always drop the price of a new phone the first months. Look at the s6 edge which was 930$ first weeks and now 600$...

#56 September 6 2015

bigjudge

vegetaleb wrote:

Update to latest ota.
Amhaz is droping price because of the actual Lebanese crisis,sales are down everywhere. Anyway they always drop the price of a new phone the first months. Look at the s6 edge which was 930$ first weeks and now 600$...

Updated it to the newest OTA. Still the same problem, any other ideas please?

#57 September 6 2015

nosense

So you guys say I get the G4 over anything else in the 450$ish pool ?

#58 September 7 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Of course, the G4 is the best 2015 android phone out there. Unless you are afraid of big screens.

#59 September 7 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

bigjudge wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Update to latest ota.

Since I used the "low effort root" img I am not facing this bug anymore. Btw if your h815 is from an European country you can unlock bootloader and get easy root now

#60 September 7 2015

haidcar

I had a couple of friends wanting to buy the G4, they are now holding for the Z5

#61 September 7 2015

nosense

vegetaleb wrote:
bigjudge wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Update to latest ota.

Since I used the "low effort root" img I am not facing this bug anymore. Btw if your h815 is from an European country you can unlock bootloader and get easy root now

I got it, also I am h815 and from UK, you got a link for the root ?

EDIT :

I got this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/orig … g-t3164765

If you miss a step, or you copy the wrong command and run it, your phone will be BRICKED You will have flashed a partition to some random place on your phone's internal SD, and no amount of sad private messages will be able to help you.
I'm 100% serious, if you do this wrong, you will turn your phone into a paperweight - so please don't go rooting your mom/dad's phone with this method. Wait for something better from us.

lol okay then I will enjoy the phone a while before I attempt the root

Last edited by nosense (September 7 2015)

#62 September 7 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Z5 has nothing better than G4. It will use the same cpu as the M9 (810) meaning it will be a very warm phone!

Also the huge lack of devs for sony roms is a bad thing. Battery will suffer from the 4k screen which will add nothing on a 1440p screen if at 5.5"
About the G4 Root I was talking about it's the official root method, so no brick worries ;)
Just unlock with lg website and install twrp

#63 September 8 2015

LifeEngineer

vegetaleb wrote:

Of course, the G4 is the best 2015 android phone out there. Unless you are afraid of big screens.

I'm waiting for your in depth review man! Looking forward to it! :)

#64 September 8 2015

nosense

Can you guys post your on screen time?  this is mine

Screenshot_2015_09_08_15_00_13.png

#65 September 8 2015

LifeEngineer

I suppose aliessayli2 that this is only on wifi!
But that's not enough to get an idea about the battery life!
If this 5h SOT is done in 8hrs of total time on battery, that's barely acceptable. If it's done in 20hrs that's impressive!

#66 September 8 2015

nosense

LifeEngineer wrote:

I suppose aliessayli2 that this is only on wifi!
But that's not enough to get an idea about the battery life!
If this 5h SOT is done in 8hrs of total time on battery, that's barely acceptable. If it's done in 20hrs that's impressive!

yes that was only on wifi, and the remaining 18 % can give you the 12 hours of standby time I guarantee it, the phone is unbelievable in standby

Last edited by nosense (September 8 2015)

#67 September 8 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I had 3.5 hours SOT with the m9 and now 4 hours with the g4, needless to say all 2015 phones are having not so good battery life, the golden days of 5 days battery of nokia and SE are finished LOL

#68 September 8 2015

bigjudge

Not Rooting the phone for a symbol, data is working, ill wait for a fix, thanks for the info, BTW my battery lasts me about 24 hrs, with 3G on about 8 hrs a day, wifi about 3 hrs, screen time on for about 3 hrs, including facebook, reading news, some youtube, some camera time and  about 1 hr watching fresh prince of bell air. Great phone indeed.

#69 September 9 2015

nosense

bigjudge wrote:

Not Rooting the phone for a symbol, data is working, ill wait for a fix, thanks for the info, BTW my battery lasts me about 24 hrs, with 3G on about 8 hrs a day, wifi about 3 hrs, screen time on for about 3 hrs, including facebook, reading news, some youtube, some camera time and  about 1 hr watching fresh prince of bell air. Great phone indeed.

I have the same problem,  today I turned on data and it works but there's no symbol

#70 September 9 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I don't understand how you don't root your phones. Real geeks do
Specially that the g4 needs viper4android to get a volume boost on earphones

#71 September 9 2015

nosense

vegetaleb wrote:

can you provide links where you unlocked the bootloader and rooted? I can't seem to find them with a simple search

#72 September 9 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

aliessayli2 wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

can you provide links where you unlocked the bootloader and rooted? I can't seem to find them with a simple search

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/gene … 4-t3125162

#73 September 10 2015

nosense

rooting didn't fix the 3g icon problem

#74 September 10 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

aliessayli2 wrote:

rooting didn't fix the 3g icon problem

You have to flash a rom ;)

#75 September 10 2015

Doom

What do you think about the leather?does it feel genuine or fake?which color did you get?

Board footer